Zanardi NSX

Smash Boy

They are great because they have the 3.2 and 6-speed and are about 100lbs lighter than the normal NSX-T. The only downside is they do not have power steering. Some might not care. I personally enjoy the power steering.

Price wise, they don't get any premium for being a zanardi. Look for them around the 50K mark.

The Zanardi is basically a NSX Type-S in Japan.

Very good car. Plus, most of them have not only been babied by their obsessive owners, a good many of them have had a Comptech S/C kit installed (340-360rwhp).

As Viper noted, there's no price premium for them versus a normal NSX so they're a good value usually.

Very good car. Plus, most of them have not only been babied by their obsessive owners, a good many of them have had a Comptech S/C kit installed (340-360rwhp).

As Viper noted, there's no price premium for them versus a normal NSX so they're a good value usually.

Did you consider a Zanardi when you were NSX shopping?

I did, but it only comes in red, which isn't a color I like on the NSX, and worse, it has no power steering. :lol:

One other benefit of the Zanardi is that it comes stock with a very solid track-ready suspension, while I had to spend a grand or so to upgrade mine to the same level.

I did, but it only comes in red, which isn't a color I like on the NSX, and worse, it has no power steering. :lol:

One other benefit of the Zanardi is that it comes stock with a very solid track-ready suspension, while I had to spend a grand or so to upgrade mine to the same level.

Mako

You actually track your car?

I had forgot about the stiffer suspension. I actually rode in a car with the Type-R suspension... ouch.. it was rough.

I would personally go with a 97 NSX-T over a zanardi.

Mako

You actually track your car?

I've done two events at Willow Springs with it, I try to get on the track at least once every six months but lately I've been lazy. With no trailer I'd have to drive the car to Laguna, or to Buttonwillow, or Vegas, then drive it back, and that gets old fast. Particularly if something breaks during the event, lol.

We need a closer track down here, but at least we've got Willow. California Speedway is also extremely close, but the NSX-friendly clubs don't ever seem to run there...

I had forgot about the stiffer suspension.  I actually rode in a car with the Type-R suspension... ouch.. it was rough.

The Zanardi suspension isn't too bad, you get used to it. Nothing like the Type-R, which is brutal.