'97 993 TT worth close to $100k?!?

Smash Boy

My friend is a hardcore Porsche guy, so I'm guessing he's just being crazy.

But he claims that the last 993 turbos are going for $90-100k (or at least that's the ASKING price). I'm like, that is CRAZY, because aren't 996 turbos going for less than that.

He stipulates it's only because its that whole "end of an era" thing, the air cooled motor.

I don't know. The 993 TT is a great car....I love it. But barring this collector's phenomenon, I don't get it. You can buy 355s and even some 360s all day for under $100k....so why spend that much on the P Bug? :mrgreen:

You can find 993TT with only a couple thou miles on them in excellent condition all day in the 60-70K range, the S goes for a little more but not 90-100K from what I've seen. Their holding their value well, while the 996's are dropping like rocks in price. Friend of ours sold his 97' 993TT with a couple mods for about 71K a few months ago, think he had around 15-20K miles.

edit - Though I think I did see somebody recently on Ebay wanting over 100K for a 993TT S.

My friends family bought a 993 TT a couple of years ago, traded a car or 2 plus cash but the deal came out to be approx $85-90k if I'm not mistaken.

My friends family bought a 993 TT a couple of years ago, traded a car or 2 plus cash but the deal came out to be approx $85-90k if I'm not mistaken.
Well yeh a few years ago. Generally now, their smack dead in the 70K range, with some nice ones going for below 70k. I'm not sure what the S is going for since it seems the price for each car jumps all over, whereas the regular ones are close together in price. You can already find plenty of 996TT's cheaper then an 993TT for the most part.

But he claims that the last 993 turbos are going for $90-100k (or at least that's the ASKING price).

That pricing only applies to the limited production 993 twin turbo "S". In stock form, the 993TT "S" had more HP than the 996TT without the X50 package. It's perhaps one of the most sought after 993s today.

Otherwise, a regular 993TT should be around $60K to $70K.

90-100 = NO. Ive seen them in person at dealerships that always try to screw u for 75K. Im sure some examples drop to the low 60s depending on mileage etc. 90K MAYBE for an S or some garage queen with a few hundred miles on it?

I've see low miles S's in the $120's. I have seen normal turbos in the $80 to low $90's depending on the options. Remember there are big ticket items like full leather (including gauges), carbon, sport seats (even worse carbon sport seats), built in cell phone, aerokit and other porsche special wishes program items that add big $$$$ to the car. Anybody familiar with the porsche special wishes options program knows how much money they can add to the car, for example I've seen boxsters with almost $25k in options!

It really depends on the car.