If you really got to have a vector....

abolfaz

The reason Vector employees strive to purchase the W8's is because we know what went in to building them, the time and effort, the quality and also how much money was spent on building them from a component perspective. Each W8 was sold at a loss.

If Jerrys $8000.00 used RV and his Suburban constitute wild spending on fancy RV's and Sports cars, Oh mabye you are referring to Davids 1984 Trans Am he purchased used...........Yep Vector spent wildly

As for Jerry refusing to supply you parts..............well that is between you and him.

-

I dont like the M12 because it is a POS. You cant polish a tird........... Italian or not, its a poorly built car. Chopper Gun fiberglass body..........Full Italian underpinnings............. Not exactly what I would consider the "All American Supercar"...........................

It has nothing to do with weather or not Lamborghini builds a quality car......I happen to be a Lamborghini fan......But it doesnt mean the Indonesians knew what they were doing just because they had the money to purchase one company and carry out a hostile take over on another.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we play another game? This one seems to be my favorite, but I am up for another.........................

I'm curious as to what periodical had the original published top-speed run in a W8, that was only published once... or if that proves dificult to find, the skidpad test to 1.25 G would be interesting.

there are of course a lot of questions i have, but they will wait til i see you next ;)

And to think we are dealing with dollar values from 1992. Adjusted for todays dollar (good old inflation). The cost to build this car would increase dramatically. A million dollars to reproduce it today. Of course you would also have to adjust for technological advancements as Vector was on the cutting edge of bringing Aerospace technology to the street. So there would have been several advancements in construction along the way. Only adding to the vehicles cost. But for a car that was built in the 80's and 90's I am content with the way she was assembled and the components that were used are still very high tech even by todays standards.

Yes fellas, but who took it from good to GREAT? :supz:

So who currently owns the Vector brand ? The indonesians ? Jerry ? The banks ?

Is there any chance for revival ?

Jerry has it back in his possession. He finally won it all back in court about 4 years ago. He does not own Vector Aeromotive, but he owns all the rights to the Vector brand name, W8, AWX3 and AWX3R. All things that are Vector. The company name was not worth the trouble at the time.

No chance of a true revival, Jerry has a different idea of what Vector should be these days, its his toy to play with, but I dont agree with what he wants to turn it in to. There will never be another W8 produced, so there will only be 19 W8's that will ever roam the earth. That is a good thing. I like it the way it is.

Hook, line and sinker :anal

But it appears that my opponent has taken his marbles and left the sand box.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No chance of a true revival, Jerry has a different idea of what Vector should be these days, its his toy to play with, but I dont agree with what he wants to turn it in to.

What exactly does he want to do with it?

Jerry wants to see a self-fulfilling prophecy come true. Everyone used to make statements like "is that a kit car" is that built on a Fiero Chassis" that car has a Chevy 350 in it" etc.......

So some where along the way Jerry decided that is exactly what he should build the next time around. A cross between a bunch of different cars that would be powered by off the shelf engines. Jerry’s ability to create a cutting edge design that stands the test of time isn’t what it used to be. I am not a big fan of the way the car concept looks.

I would have rather seen Jerry pick up the W8 and give it a full overhaul, update the look but keep it true to the original, go with a full carbon fiber chassis, full F1 push-rod style suspension, carbon fiber body, 6 or 7 speed F1 transmission, No traction control, ABS and enough horsepower to scare the life out of someone. 1000+hp would be fun.

But that seems to be my dream and not Jerry’s.