FORD GT Impressions....

abolfaz

I'm going try to tone down my statements regarding the GT right now as I still have a hard on from driving the car and I have only put 300 miles on the car so far. I'm a whiney BITCH when it comes to expensive cars that I purchase new, so if there are problems with the car I will let you (and ford) know about them.

Lets start with getting in and out of the car:

1- you can't park to close to other cars because of the way the door wraps into the roof, in order to get in you need to swing the door almost all the way open.

2- Once in the seating postition is the MOST natural of any performance car that I have ever been in. Everything is where you would want it, all the controls make perfect sense, no mysterious buttons, no frills, no gimmicks.

3- Guages are the coolest Autometer clone 60's period anolog racing gauges, SUPER, SUPER cool. Having the spedometer located just right of center is a little strange so subsequently I find myself going WAY over the speed limit before I take the time to look over at the speedo.

I'm going to wait a little before I let you know how I feel about the way the car runs because I want to cool down so I can express myself in a mature responsible way...

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are only three real bitches about the Ford GT:

1. Head-decapitating doors.

2. Crazy fuel consumption.

3. A-pillar width.

You mentioned two of the three already, but not the A-pillars. Is that overblown?

3. A-pillar width.

You mentioned two of the three already, but not the A-pillars. Is that overblown?

Yes, I find no problems with the A-pillars at all, in fact I kind of like staring blankly into them...

I already have a couple of "Pinch" marks on my back from the doors and this morning when I took my 4 year old daughter to school, the teachers aide that helped her out of the car proceeded to clip her head with the door as she shut it. But I love the doors, I love the A-pillars (really) and I just have to hope that the cheap fuel keeps comming...

3. A-pillar width.

Fuel consumption :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No car i have ever owned is as bad as my Bentley CGT.I don't suppose the Ford GT is any worse.I get 250KM for 90l which translates to 150miles for 22 gallon

Congrats, great car.

Can the traction control get shut off on the car ? Is there one at all ?

WHAT! I've burned through most of my rear tires and your talking about traction control? THIS CAR HAS NOTHING! I only realized this morning that it had a radio! I would guess that its the most pure, bare bones performance car that you can buy new on the market today.

Saturday night I go out to diner with my wife and it went like this:

1- where are the buttons for the seat adjustment? They are manual dear...

2- what time is it? Where is the clock? There is none dear...

3- how do I turn on the lights so I can see into my purse? No lights dear...

4- your driving like a maniac on the highway, why don't you use the cruise control? There is no cruise control dear...

5- where is the glove box so I can put all my sh-t in it dear? There is no glovebox dear...

6- where is the trunk?

To which I finally answer "JUST SHUT THE F-CK UP"! No joke! Then she tells me "well, you certainly don't get much for your money now do you..."

Congrats, great car.

Can the traction control get shut off on the car ? Is there one at all ?

WHAT! I've burned through most of my rear tires and your talking about traction control? THIS CAR HAS NOTHING! I only realized this morning that it had a radio! I would guess that its the most pure, bare bones performance car that you can buy new on the market today.

Saturday night I go out to diner with my wife and it went like this:

1- where are the buttons for the seat adjustment? They are manual dear...

2- what time is it? Where is the clock? There is none dear...

3- how do I turn on the lights so I can see into my purse? No lights dear...

4- your driving like a maniac on the highway, why don't you use the cruise control? There is no cruise control dear...

5- where is the glove box so I can put all my sh-t in it dear? There is no glovebox dear...

6- where is the trunk?

To which I finally answer "JUST SHUT THE F-CK UP"! No joke! Then she tells me "well, you certainly don't get much for your money now do you..."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh I forgot, no more need for psychedelic drugs! :shock: :lol:

When driving in traffic during the day while the radiator fans are on, you almost feel like you’re tripping so hard that you should pull over, get out of the car and pinch yourself to make sure you’re sober. Looking through the heat waves coming off of the radiators in traffic is a WEIRD experience!

3. A-pillar width.

Fuel consumption :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No car i have ever owned is as bad as my Bentley CGT.I don't suppose the Ford GT is any worse.I get 250KM for 90l which translates to 150miles for 22 gallon

damn, that just ruined it for me, i had my eyes set on one. is a db9 any better?

Guest SP_wEaZeL
I've been tempted by the sound of a 650hp gt...

:twisted: :twisted:

Agreed be careful with Hennesey. I think bolt on cars are making over 600, power in that thing is not a problem and a little goes a long way.

Can anybody point me in the right direction as far as perfomance upgrades go?  :roll:

Ford racing has headers for the GTs motor placement

http://www.fordracingparts.com/fordgt/fordgt.asp

its just a 5.4 mod motor so a lot of parts are out there for it. More boost is the most basic upgrade but I am not sure how much they have tweaked it to be in the 500 range already.

I will be at Roush Racing next week and I will ask the techs for some info for you. I know Roush has already turned up that power plant and might as well get it straight from the techs that built it.

Thanks for the driving impressions Mike. I hope you can get into more details, even if you only praise the car, I don't care. I really want an owner's opinion on that beast. I think it's way under-evaluated and it is one of the best performance cars out there, not even considering its super-low price compared to the competition.

-Olivier