FORD GT Impressions....

abolfaz

Its funny but I never saw this...

I would have been sold a lot earlier if I did!

How did you not see that commercial before!?!?!? It aired during the Super Bowl a few years ago and was on TV quite regularly :supz:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you not see that commercial before!?!?!? It aired during the Super Bowl a few years ago and was on TV quite regularly  :supz:

I never watch TV, when I do its HBO or some other cable chanel.

• 4 weeks later...
I need to drive one.

I think you should get one and forget a gallardo with the IMSA as long as ur wife has the roadster, too similar, this would be HOT...and its reasonably priced!

I need to drive one.

I think you should get one and forget a gallardo with the IMSA as long as ur wife has the roadster, too similar, this would be HOT...and its reasonably priced!

i agree. Or an 07 murci

I was at the dealership yesterday because my dad was buying a car and they had a ford gt in the special light blue color, but wow it was the first supercar I have ever seen in real life. It seemed really big but maybe thats because I have only seen pictures of it. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice. Have you got the car dynoed?

No dyno for me, just seat of the pants. What's really scary about this car is how easily it can be driven fast. I've owned plenty of FAST cars, but never one thats this easy to drive fast. Most the GT's that I know of that have been dynoed make more than the advertised 550 hp. I've riden in one thats got the pulley and the ECU reflash and it was so quick that it scared the $hit out of me.

For all the guys who keep asking me about how the car drives, etc... just consider that I've had the car for about two months now and have put 1600 miles on it just driving in circles around my home after work. Vinnie, for christs sake, just go to the dealer and get a test drive, you won't want to leave w/o the car, or if you want I know someone in your neck of the woods thats got a GT that I can hook you up with.

abolfaz, what is ur stable looking like now...and 550 HP? the GT has that much @ the wheels, the only thing to do is the exhuast for sound, then again the pulley/ecu is so easy! its a great car:)

:shock: I found this post on Midwest Lambo's website and thought it might be of interest to some of you. I think somewhere, maybe here, I saw this wreck before but I think this link has more pictures of it. http://www.midwestlambos.com/forum/showthr...p?p=525#post525. Sorry I couldn't make it a hyper-link, but I just don't know how to do that right now. Is there anyone out there that can give me instruction on how to do that?

No were talking! I know two people now with GT's that have done the pulley & ECU reflash as well as taking off the speed limiter from the ECU and both rave about the performance. We're talking 750HP! Both these guys have run 220 mph++ and one of them ran a 10.4 in the 1/4 mile...

I drove my car all day today, its feeling kind of slow....

ablolfaz-

we heard about magwheels impression of the GTs curb appeal (and appreciate his insite!) but im curious how ur finding it after ur diablo/murci etc? does it draw the same crowd being "a ford" to badge whores?

ablolfaz-

we heard about magwheels impression of the GTs curb appeal (and appreciate his insite!) but im curious how ur finding it after ur diablo/murci etc? does it draw the same crowd being "a ford" to badge whores?

I honestly think most people at first sighting look at the 'car(s)' because they never seen anything like it before. I'm not sure if they know who the manufacturer is. Sure, some or maybe a lot of people may know, but the majority don't. I haven't had a chance to get the Murcie out that much yet but it will be interesting this Spring and Summer. Although I will tell you one thing, when asked what kind of cars I have, just the mention of a Lamborghini or Ferrari draws huge smiles and amazement on most people's faces! Notice, I mentioned Lamborghini first! Lastly, the Ford GT does too, amazingly, in looks and questions and "damn that was always my favorite sports car!"

The GT is super exotic looking, its funny though that ppl say its their favorite sports car since really it was just a race car back when it was produced in the 60s! either way, they are all great, but I couldnt pick just one!

first supercar youve seen???? where do you live south dakota?

Hahaha your funny. I live in south dakota and Ive seen 2 Lamborghinis (Gallardo and Murcie) and a GT. And a few F Cars if you count those supercars. We arent all riding around on our horses hunting down indians like a lot of people think. You crack me up.

Back on topic: $5000 for 600hp? I sure hope thats not for just the pulley and ECU flash.

Ive always loved the GT, amazing car both in looks AND performance IMO. :mrgreen: