Original Radio

Peter K

What was the original Countach radio in the 70's and 1978? 8-track or Cassette?

Maybe I should look at the owners manual..........

most were just AM/FM. Some had cassetts

So, they used Alpine in the 70's? Blaupunkt?

The Alpine brand name didnt exist (at least as "Alpine") until 1978... I doubt they were in the countach that fast...

The Alpine brand name didnt exist (at least as "Alpine") until 1978... I doubt they were in the countach that fast...

Romandad,

i don't know much about stereo

but my radio looks really a old one and i think i remember have seen a same one on an other early S car

my car is a 78 and i hardly find a little brand

i'll post a better pic soon, this for now is the only where you could "see" something about my stereo:

lamborghinicountak0184fe.th.jpg

Yeah... I cant see much from that pic...

Alpine electronics started as Alps-Motorola. They made a LOT of OEM radios usually carrying the Car brand... "alpine" was their own retail brand but they didnt start selling those until 78...

I have an Oem Radio with cassette and separate EQ, amps,and Cd unit that came in the Poster Car White Countach. All was working when replaced back in 1990 let me no if you are still looking.

Peter

My S1 has the Blaupunkt radio that has a very long adjustable neck from the floor. The radio is in the dash, and the neck unit, controls adjustments so you do not have to reach for the radio.

My car was originally sent to Germany. I do believe this is the orignal setup that was delivered from the factory. The same radio is in the yellow hardback Countach book from the EARLY 80s. I forgot the name of the author. His first name was Jean. Motorbooks was the publisher. The book ends with the S2 from 1980/81. Their is a color pic of an early S2 in the book, that has the same Blaupunkt radio that I have.

The 78 car, I would guess may have the same radio as the late 77 LP 400 ? Did the factory put a radio in the LP 400 ?

this is Davis S1

and this car has the same alpine stereo i have on mine

kif04867ng.th.jpg

i think it is a 78 to

• 8 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Sometimes in life, good things happen to those who wait. I thank one of the previous owners for returning the original radio to its home in perfect condition.

post-37-1421851164_thumb.jpg

Philips use in 75-77 I think.

• 8 months later...
Sometimes in life, good things happen to those who wait. I thank one of the previous owners for returning the original radio to its home in perfect condition.

Peter

what is the name of the original model ?

CM-630. You found one?