1969 Chevy Camaro

DarioTexas

I'm thinkin about flying up to Houston to buy this car ... He's askin $49k, I'm gonna offer $44K ... It seems to be a clone as there is no "X" number on the cowl tag ... I think "X11" = RS and "X22" = SS ... Do you guys think this is the right price for this car ... I've been looking everywhere for a tuxedo black one but everything I find has a shabby interior and the old school bus steering wheel ... I'm not looking to make a profit or invest in this car ... I just want a fun weekend car to impress da ladies ;)

I figure I could sell it for the same price i bought it say 3 years from now?

Any input would be FABULOUS!

Thanks

http://www.evsmotors.com/vehicleinventory/...002/69-0002.htm

Orange_Camaro.JPG

Hey thats way cool. I'm a huge fan of the Camaro. My dad has one that he has been restoring since I was a kid, 1969 Z-28 Camaro, still has the original 302 in it. Those cars have definitely appreciated, I mean you could buy them for what, $5000 or something back then or $2000 back then and they're now worth $40-60k depending on the condition? You may not make a /lot/ off of it but you will probably end up even if you end up ever selling it or at least make a bit. Hell I'd keep it just for cool factor, Camaros are pretty cool IMO, at least the old ones are :)

Go for it!

I don't really like the color, but the car is cool nonetheless. A neighbor of mine has a really simular 'maro, it looks beautiful when rolling. He's got some Boyd Coddington 18" wheels on it that go really well with the car. That guy has the Torque Thrusts, which look great, but they are probably THE most common wheel you will see on a classic car. There is a reason for that, namingly that they are a great looking wheel, but they do lose some of the uniqueness factor.

I'm really biased, but we are selling a 67 Mustang that we just finished restoring. I can give you more info if you'd like. It's in the same price range, we're asking $45k.

not pictured: roll cage, 4 point harness, perfect underbody, etc, etc. Less than 500 miles since full rebuild... 351W stroked and tuned, this thing is scary!

431231894PNiVlo_ph.jpg

431231850DhesaT_ph.jpg

431232165OukdZh_ph.jpg

431232553eCXdYG_ph.jpg

more pics: http://community.webshots.com/album/431225136wIDzdS

You mean your SE and your Ranger are not enough to impress the ladies and a Camaro will do the job??!! That's new to me!!! :D :lol:

Just kidding. Don't know much about the car but it does look impressive. Not sure about the wheels though, are they originals? They don't look like they are from the same era as the car but that's just my view. Considering the rest of your stable (which we share almost indentically, BTW) along with a price that doesn't seem to hurt (relatively to your fleet), I would say green light.

You mean your SE and your Ranger are not enough to impress the ladies and a Camaro will do the job??!!  That's new to me!!!   :D  :lol:  

Well ... there a ze ladiez dat drop their panties when they see the Lambo or find it obnoxious ... then there are the ladies who drop the panties for the Rover ... finally there are those ladies who just can't help but to yes, drop their panties for an old muscle car ... Kinda like joinin a fraternity to get in with the sorority girls :D

I actually love the get in and go old school cars lately ... Maybe because my neighbor gave me a ride in his 69 NOVA ... I loved it ...

WOW! That mustang is NICE ... I would be all over it if it were black with the white stripe on the bottom ... I'm not too fond of the hugger orange color either but I've had numerous people state that in person it is very very cool ... We shall see

This is the combo that I really want ... Is it worth it to have the orange one stripped and painted?

standard.jpg

You mean your SE and your Ranger are not enough to impress the ladies and a Camaro will do the job??!!  That's new to me!!!   :D  :lol:  

Well ... there a ze ladiez dat drop their panties when they see the Lambo or find it obnoxious ... then there are the ladies who drop the panties for the Rover ... finally there are those ladies who just can't help but to yes, drop their panties for an old muscle car ... Kinda like joinin a fraternity to get in with the sorority girls :D

I actually love the get in and go old school cars lately ... Maybe because my neighbor gave me a ride in his 69 NOVA ... I loved it ...

WOW! That mustang is NICE ... I would be all over it if it were black with the white stripe on the bottom ... I'm not too fond of the hugger orange color either but I've had numerous people state that in person it is very very cool ... We shall see

This is the combo that I really want ... Is it worth it to have the orange one stripped and painted?

standard.jpg

My fav musclecar...black '69 Camaro!!!!!! :thumb

EVS motors is a very good and reputable company.

I don't think you'll make a mistake buying a car from them.

They're a sponsor here. Check out their other rides too.

Also I'm sure if you want they can paint it black.

Edit:

How about this beauty!

if its original i wouldn't repaint it. Unoriginal cars like that black on you posted are dime a dozen

This car has always been hugger orange and was just repainted orange

I'm not big on the retro look of muscle cars nowadays but I know a lot of people are going nuts over them. I persoanlly like to keep them looking the way there were made. Here is a pic of my baby 95% restored. Been lazy and enjoying driving it latley. Motor has about 600 miles on it and spent 2 years getting it to where you see it now. 1970 442 convt. Allan loves this car.

AJ, there are those of us - unlike Allan - that like old muscle cars.  :supz: Allan's just jealous.  :lol:

If you can convince him of that I'd be surprised. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well ... there a ze ladiez dat drop their panties when they see the Lambo or find it obnoxious ... then there are the ladies who drop the panties for the Rover ... finally there are those ladies who just can't help but to yes, drop their panties for an old muscle car ... Kinda like joinin a fraternity to get in with the sorority girls  :D  

Nothing beats a man that takes everything (and everybody) into account. You've got it all covered (or I should say uncovered) :lol: :lol:

Black does look better, BTW, but agree that if it's original, best to keep it as is. Good luck!