lets get some pix back!!

TURBOALEX

Kind of curious, is there a watch with a built it camera/video camera?

Sorry to go off topic but yes there were a few actually, and they came from (where else) Japan.

Seiko made one many years ago (in the early 80's) known then as the world's small tv in which the watch's LCD screen can display video images from a wired-outboard Walkman-size (as in the Walkman in the 80's) tv tuner/receiver. I believe an "exaggerated" version of the same watch was featured in the James Bond movie "Octopussy". The image in the real watch was no where as good as Bond's but that's expected.

A few years ago, Casio made one that has a build-in camera on the watch. I think it only had 25K-pixel B&W image quality. They made colour ones subsequently but the image quality did not improve much. You can probably find one on ebay today.

The "camera" that you saw on the pic above is actually one of the "jewels" in a mechanical watch.

Thanks for the responses guys.

I was thinking more along the type of a camera that would take a pic and send it to a remote location so it can be viewed later on the pc or something. It would be awesome to have like a 1.2 pixel camera on the watch for the conveinence.

I was thinking more along the type of a camera that would take a pic and send it to a remote location so it can be viewed later on the pc or something. It would be awesome to have like a 1.2 pixel camera on the watch for the conveinence.

The Casio watch has internal memory to store the images (obviously) and then to be uploaded into the PC.

Your wish is already widely available on cel phones & PDA's. Aside from the novelty, why would you want a camera watch anyway? Small lens, lousy pic quality & not that convenient to use. Power supply will also be a problem. A watch is an instrument that tells time and date (or anything in relation to these 2 criteria thereof).

If you are really the gadget type and since you are on a car forum, the Japanese had came up with a watch that has the same function of a "keyless entry & start" key fob: you wear the watch, walk near your car, it unlocks, you get in & press the Start Button and way you go.

OK now that's cool!

Well, until they come out with a small phone that has a good camera, i am not getting one. My nokia is the smallest around, people always compliment on it, and it is an older model and fits in my pockets perfectly.

A watch one would be cool just because you always have your watch on.. where sometimes you can't have your cell with you - i.e. gym, swimming, in bed with your mistress. but you can still snap pics :) James bond style

• 3 years later...