BMW 335i + $1300 = 340rwhp & 390rwtq

aedmon640

:headbang:

Great deal for a daily driver with some kick, for cheap (relatively)

Kit

Dyno

Road Test

The M3 better have some kick to stay out in front :eek3dance:

thats insane for a 3 series!!! The E46 will always look better though!!!

I have some dyno (on wheel dyno) results stock 335 is capable of 265-272rwhp. Engine HP is 306

This mod give +70rwhp and dunno about how much hp is at the cranck.

But +70 rwhp is unbelievably high :icon_super:

I agree 70whp does seem like a ton of power. I can not get a tuner to give me 70whp on my car with a tune but they do all say they can add like 150lbft at the crank? I want my wife to drive this 335 since she has the e46 m3 I think this car would be nice but she likes the way her car looks and I think I agree. My SA said by summer there will be a convt hard top like the sl in the 335 which I think she would like. Any one own a 335 and what do you think compared to the e46 m3?

I have some dyno (on wheel dyno) results stock 335 is capable of 265-272rwhp. Engine HP is 306

This mod give +70rwhp and dunno about how much hp is at the cranck.

But +70 rwhp is unbelievably high :icon_super:

Once they announced the car as a TT with 300hp I knew it was highly detuned from the factory, so as not to infringe on the next M3's territory

What do you guys think? $1300 is a little high don't you think? I uderstand they state 70 horsepower but considering it is ONLY software changes the cost should be wayy lower. think at this age and time.. software tuning should be $200 if not less bucks.. It's just software!!

Any one own a 335 and what do you think compared to the e46 m3?

I don't own one but I have driven both cars on a daily basis. The 335 has a nice linear power delivery compared to the M3's high reving power. My guess is that the 335 would beat an M3 to 80, but after that the M3 owns. Personally I think the 335 is a beautiful daily driver.

I don't own one but I have driven both cars on a daily basis. The 335 has a nice linear power delivery compared to the M3's high reving power. My guess is that the 335 would beat an M3 to 80, but after that the M3 owns. Personally I think the 335 is a beautiful daily driver.

Are u talking about stock e92 335 vs E46 M3

If yes , :iamwithstupid:

But of course a well launched M3 must own 335. Because M3 has SMG, 335 has standart BMW tranny.

Some mags compared both cars M3 beat 335 in all performance issues. For 0-200kmh: M3 got 18.7sec and 335 e92 got 20.6sec.

However i found this very interesting and informative. An expeirence from both E46 M3 and 335i owner. And a comparison at same day.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41331

• 1 month later...
:headbang:

Great deal for a daily driver with some kick, for cheap (relatively)

Kit

Dyno

Road Test

I have a call into this company as of today..(waiting for response) They were just in an article in Autoweek.

I was considering an Z4 M Vert, But after going to the dealer and seeing the new 335i hard-top Vert...my mind is changed.

Obviously 2 totaly differnt cars and driving charecteristics...... but for drop top sun and if this company checks out...(VISHNU ...which it seems they do)....I am placing my order this week thru BMW for a late April-mid May delivery.

ECU tuning works best on cars that are turbo charged IMO. They are able to offer more dial up boost from what is from the factory, a tuned down version.

I used RennTech on my S65...and the power is night and day.

Anyway, the new 335i is a gorgeous car and now will be something I can take the wife and 2 of the 3 kids in and enjoy some hot summer cruising. And the price is equal to the loaded Z4m Vert I was looking at....but with alot more options and class.

Thumbs up for me.

I will post up on VISHNU after I do the ECU upgrade. $1300 is a steal :icon_mrgreen: compared to what Renntech and Brabus charge for their ECU tunes. $7,000 up north of $10,000...

for only $1300 to get an increase of 70hp, thats a steal. Exhaust upgrades cost more and yield almost no increase.. Looks like a nice kit for the money.

Love the car, love the tuning that you can do with it, this is the only part that im not crazy about.

The 335i will be limited to 150 mph when equipped with an optional sport package. Does Vinshu talk about raising/deleting this so called speed limiter, I dont like going balls to the wall in a car and having to hit a dead end 45 seconds into getting on the highway.. :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

The New M3 is supposed to be a V8 the rest of the bimmer V8s are 360 HP rumor has it the M3 will be 400

Love the car, love the tuning that you can do with it, this is the only part that im not crazy about.

The 335i will be limited to 150 mph when equipped with an optional sport package. Does Vinshu talk about raising/deleting this so called speed limiter, I dont like going balls to the wall in a car and having to hit a dead end 45 seconds into getting on the highway.. :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

The linit stays the same.

150 in a vert is F&*%@# Fast. 150 anywhere on the street is all you need. Remember, its not an M car.

After 2 years in the 335i I will most likeley move up into the M3 Convertible.

Hunter, Vishnu is very popular in the import (japanese) scene. This is the first time I've seen them do a BMW. Probably because they specialize in turbos?

If they are doing more European, and turbos, I wonder if they will have a kit for the new Mini. If they can get 70 extra hp on a 300hp engine, with similar gains on the the Mini could gain 40hp more. Uhhhhhhhhh.

IMO for a tiptronic 335i (modded what ever else 340+hp) does not have chance on SMG tranny M3. But for a manuel that will probably different.

If i am not wrong they use regular BMW tiptronic (used on 645ci also) on 335ci and this tranny is really lack of performance and fun.

Hunter, Vishnu is very popular in the import (japanese) scene. This is the first time I've seen them do a BMW. Probably because they specialize in turbos?

They aren't as popular as they used to be... The stuff that they put out for the Evo did not leave up to expectations and actually caused quite a bit of problems on some cars... I think road and track even wrote about this on a vishnu car they tested. I hope they have better luck on the 335's. Either way, the numbers these cars are making this early are very promising and I'm excited to see what they'll end up doing!

Well it might be nice to gain 70HP, I just read the preview on the G37 and they compared it with the 335i on the track. Even stock, the 335i overheated.

Well it might be nice to gain 70HP, I just read the preview on the G37 and they compared it with the 335i on the track. Even stock, the 335i overheated.

I try to keep things in their proper perspective.

The 335i ( in my case very soon...335i Vert) is not a track car. Its either a 4 door salon, or a coupe/vert.

I read that article and both cars were totaly thrashed....albeit the BMW was the 1st to get to hot...

But, in the real world, this car will not see the track or be road raced (unless one desires to...) its not a track car.

Those and all tests are done to all cars by the rags and media.

Overheat does not make the 335i a bad car.

On the street, with the top down, and quite possiblly an extra 60 hp and 70 lb feet from Vishnu, that car will perform day in and day out.

...its a sporty tourer....not a weekend track machine...leave that for the M cars.

Want a track car...buy a track car...want to hang loose, catch some rays and go to the club....buy a vert..in my case 335I vert.

....Its still one hell of the best cars made today hands down and BMW's bread and butter to loyal buyers.

Just my 2 cents....

TH

Here's interesting information from my Lotus forum... as we're on the subject of upcoming Bimmer engines. Rumore has it the next Lotus Esprit will have a Lotus modified BMW engine in it...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting data... Maybe Esprit will get this one from BMW?....

4.0-liter V-8... This 32-valver is derived from Formula 1

technology, so it shares the same basic design and components of the

Formula 1 race car's engine as well as the M5/M6's V-10, but minus

two cylinders. It's rich with new technology and includes features

such as double VANOS variable valve control, individual throttle

butterflies, an upgraded MSS60 ECU and a high compression ratio of

12.0:1. It also has two oil pumps plus a wet-sump system to ensure

efficient oil supply at 1.4g of lateral and longitudinal

acceleration. Thanks to the lightweight aluminum block, heads and

crankcase, the new V-8 is 33 lb. lighter than the previous model's

inline-6. And we hear that it's going to be a screamer.

The new powerplant redlines at a relatively high 8400 rpm, with peak

output of 420 bhp realized at 8300. Torque is rated at 295 lb.-ft.

at 3900 rpm. This gives the engine 105 bhp per liter, making it one

of the most potent for its size in the marketplace. The V-8's power

has been designed to get stronger as engine speed climbs. The torque

band is broad with the sweet spot between 3500 and 7000 rpm.