2007 Koenigsegg CCXR -Flower Power

superkarma

36908.jpg

This is really good to see, I want to see a market increase for alternative fuel supercars. It would take the Swiss to start this trend. I remember a while ago a Lamborghini executive saying that if it became unfashionable and a stigma to drive a high polluting vehicle then more green models would have to emerge. Would love to see Lambo fill this gap in the market.

This is really good to see, I want to see a market increase for alternative fuel supercars. It would take the Swiss to start this trend. I remember a while ago a Lamborghini executive saying that if it became unfashionable and a stigma to drive a high polluting vehicle then more green models would have to emerge. Would love to see Lambo fill this gap in the market.

Any links/ more info?

Looks great as usual.

It would take the Swiss to start this trend.

Not Swiss, but Swedish. At least you got the first two letters right. :lol2:

their website says the CCX is 806hp...where is the 1018hp that the articles talk about coming from?

It might not be up yet. As far as I know the CCXR is still an idea (I think). But it surely will be a badass when it does hit the streets. It was already amazingly fast with 806bhp. 1018bhp is going to be insane.

It might not be up yet. As far as I know the CCXR is still an idea (I think). But it surely will be a badass when it does hit the streets. It was already amazingly fast with 806bhp. 1018bhp is going to be insane.

I think I'd rather have a CCXR than a Veyron... does anyone know the price ticket?

I think I'd rather have a CCXR than a Veyron... does anyone know the price ticket?

at one stage I heard that Modena Imports (Sydney Australia) is the official importer, I never asked how much, I am sure you can bring one to NZ trough OZ if not directly from Sweden.

The flower power one looks unreal, I wouldn't mind one, so I can drive it in 1st gear only on the Ozbahn! :eusa_wall:

at one stage I heard that Modena Imports (Sydney Australia) is the official importer, I never asked how much, I am sure you can bring one to NZ trough OZ if not directly from Sweden.

The flower power one looks unreal, I wouldn't mind one, so I can drive it in 1st gear only on the Ozbahn! :eusa_wall:

I too had heard Modena were selling them, but I don't believe they are an official dealer as such - at least, they are not listed here on the Koenigsegg site as an official rep. In fact, Hong Kong is the closest listed there to either Aus or NZ.

As for pricing, well, recently in the UK mag EVO, they had the Koenigsegg CCR listed as GBP407k and CCR at GBP370k. They also had the Zonda S at, I believe GBP350k, while it's NZ price is NZ$980k. I don't know how accurate a comparison it is, nor what the CCXR will come out at, but hey, maybe it's helpful :)

This car is soo HOT! :monkeyleft:

I'm thinking about going down to the factory this summer to see if I can get a glimt of one!

in May there will be a top speed contest at Ehra Lessein (sp?) VW's tops speed test track where James May tested the Veyron to 407 km/h and where ASS had thier last high speed test (and Ferrari cheated). this CCXR is likely to be there. so will the SSC Ultimate Aero (is that the right name) and some other cars trying to take the Veyron's throne. I hear Bugatti will be sending a derestricted Veyron wich would do 258+ mph.

in May there will be a top speed contest at Ehra Lessein (sp?) VW's tops speed test track where James May tested the Veyron to 407 km/h and where ASS had thier last high speed test (and Ferrari cheated). this CCXR is likely to be there. so will the SSC Ultimate Aero (is that the right now), and some other cars trying to take the Veyron's throne. I hear Bugatti will be sending a derestricted Veyron wich would do 258+ mph.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :icon_super: :icon_pray:

1018hp from a 4.7 ltr V8 sounds pretty high strung...any word on the reliability of these space ships...

Makes the veyron look like a dog...although I'd proably prefer the veyron's set up :eusa_think:

1018hp from a 4.7 ltr V8 sounds pretty high strung...any word on the reliability of these space ships...

Makes the veyron look like a dog...although I'd proably prefer the veyron's set up :eusa_think:

The current CCX and CCR I haven't seen any real word of issues, though they seem to be so few in number it may be difficult to hear unless its major.

The CCX drags 800hp out the 4.7-litre V8 with an 8.2:1 compression ratio - remember, it's supercharged, with boost at 1.2bar. The CCXR is going to be, apparently, running 1.5bar boost - this is probably achieved due to the cooler combustion from using the biofuel I'd guess. The pressure increase would account for the HP increase, so I'd say there's really no other major changes, it's probably mostly if not entirely the same block & internals.

Either way, they claim the current CCX does a 1/4 mile run in 9.9s @ 235km/h ... oh, and it's probably quick enough for you to try that NZ speec record without modding it :icon_mrgreen: lol

Looks like a beast. But that name is :eusa_naughty: . "flower power" :eusa_wall:

Its Sweden, they gave us Abba, Peter, Bjorn and John(

) and high taxes. Maybe the flower power name/biofuel gimmick is just a smokescreen, green car = lower tax hit.

) and high taxes. Maybe the flower power name/biofuel gimmick is just a smokescreen, green car = lower tax hit.

I actually like the name, it's almost a joke because there's nothing flowery about that thing!

Nah, we're just very gay over here :eusa_dance:

maybe you can link that flower looks nice, pretty :eusa_dance: and so does the CCXR

Why does Koenig make a new car every year! If id every buy won, id wait until they release the final of the CC's