Just got an Alpine for my Countach

vmanaktala

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike,

Check your PM.

Full scale copy made today ready to mail to you when I get your address.

Tony

Thanks Tony! Got it, and sent you a reply.

By the way, I still have the OEM Alpine unit from my Jalpa. Its up in my rafters, so I can't remember what the model number is.... I'll find it today and post it.

Mike

Thanks Tony! Got it, and sent you a reply.

By the way, I still have the OEM Alpine unit from my Jalpa. Its up in my rafters, so I can't remember what the model number is.... I'll find it today and post it.

Mike

This is the unit that was in my 1983 Jalpa. According to Alpine, the 7256 was a 1987 unit. So, obviously someone must have added it to my Jalpa at a later date. Not sure what the OEM unit would have been in 1983.

Jalpa_Radio.JPG

This is the unit that was in my 1983 Jalpa. According to Alpine, the 7256 was a 1987 unit. So, obviously someone must have added it to my Jalpa at a later date. Not sure what the OEM unit would have been in 1983.

:eusa_drool:

I had one of those as well.....

Mike,

Is there a model by year list that you can post?

There were a number of models available each year so any one made in that year or the year or two prior would be the correct stereo used.

Tony

Mike,

Is there a model by year list that you can post?

There were a number of models available each year so any one made in that year or the year or two prior would be the correct stereo used.

Tony

You bet. This place "PacParts" is an authorized Alpine parts dealer. They were the first people I tried for an Owners Manual, but they told me it was no longer available since the unit was so old.

Anyhow, here they list all the Alpine models, and show the introduction date:

http://www.pacparts.com/library/default.cf...&mfg=Alpine

You bet. This place "PacParts" is an authorized Alpine parts dealer. They were the first people I tried for an Owners Manual, but they told me it was no longer available since the unit was so old.

Anyhow, here they list all the Alpine models, and show the introduction date:

http://www.pacparts.com/library/default.cf...&mfg=Alpine

Cool, thanks.

I wonder if it's the model year or the release year? Like if the 1981 model but it came out in 1980?

The reason I ask is the 7135 & 7136 say 1981 but I know one of them came out of a 1980 Counatch.

May not be 100% but I would say if the green lighted presets are vertical then its appropriate for a 80 - 82 Countach and the six horizontal green presets are "period correct" for the 83 - 90 Countach.

I would say the CM-630 is correct for the 77-79 Countach as it was in both my built in 77 Silhouette and 79 Countach but the site does not track Alpine units older than 1978.

i think i have the answer!

my fother 1983 S1 jalpa (urraco tail lights)

he had an other older model Alpine on

i am sure it was a silver one and i have seen on others 1983 cars...so i would say 99.9% the original stereo

i think it was like the one in this pic ;)

post-4328-1263984411_thumb.jpg

Ive got this...

COOL!

this is really a great thread!!! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

i have a diablo roadster in the same color of the ad but unfortunatly the previous owner changed the stereo ...

i am looking for the original alpine model for a 1997 diablo roadster, anyone knows?

I would say the CM-630 is correct for the 77-79 Countach as it was in both my built in 77 Silhouette and 79 Countach but the site does not track Alpine units older than 1978.

i agree: CM 630 is correct for the series 1 cars

Tony is THE MAN for vintage Alpine radios!

tks to him i got a NOS Alpine for an italian QV owner friend

i think i have the answer!

my fother 1983 S1 jalpa (urraco tail lights)

he had an other older model Alpine on

i am sure it was a silver one and i have seen on others 1983 cars...so i would say 99.9% the original stereo

i think it was like the one in this pic ;)

Yes, this was another model without the green back lit presets. It may have been a lower model in the line.

It was in my 84' 5000S that Victor now owns.

Not sure the model number but I'm sure Victor will chime in and let us know.

This style would be correct for any Lambo as well as long as the car was made after the radio came out.

COOL!

i have a diablo roadster in the same color of the ad but unfortunatly the previous owner changed the stereo ...

i am looking for the original alpine model for a 1997 diablo roadster, anyone knows?

Id be happy to scan the headunits from that catalog.... Should be pretty simple to figure out which one it is....

(my guess is self powered, cd player, not too many bells & whistles)

COOL!

I believe that should be a 3DE-79855 :)

oops....i am sorry, what is the difference?

Different radio bands.

tks you guys! :icon_thumleft:

i am looking for one, any help appreciated! :)

I took a close look at my catalog and the roadster on the cover DEFINITELY has the CDA-7939 in it.... Not sure if that has anything to do with what ACTUALLY came with the car or not.

Ebay has the 3de 7985 right now but you have to buy the chassis and faceplate from two different auctions

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alpine-3DE-7985-w-o-Fa...=item438a885d97

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alpine-3DE-7985-Brand-...=item414b3c9a93

• 2 weeks later...
I took a close look at my catalog and the roadster on the cover DEFINITELY has the CDA-7939 in it.... Not sure if that has anything to do with what ACTUALLY came with the car or not.

Ebay has the 3de 7985 right now but you have to buy the chassis and faceplate from two different auctions

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alpine-3DE-7985-w-o-Fa...=item438a885d97

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alpine-3DE-7985-Brand-...=item414b3c9a93

tks Erik!

i bought them in the end :)

i missed one complete with 5-6 Cd boxes.....:(