LAMBOPOWER CRIBS MEGATHREAD!

Allan-Herbie

8 hours ago, Destructo said:

Congratulations on the land! They aren't making more of that lately, so you are ahead of most! :lol2:

What kind of style and architecture do you enjoy? How big are you going? Any must-haves on your list?

Thank you and yes I’ve spent the last 2 years trying to find the right property in the area where I wanted to be.  During that time I searched the PVA and have been literally knocking on doors to see if anyone would sell. After being told no dozens of times, I finally got a yes!  Picked  up just under 50 acres of rolling farmland that had been in the family for 2 generations.  As far as style and size, I’m not in a position to rival some of the amazing homes shared here, but we have found what we like.  Making changes to fit our needs better....colors, room sizes, adding a detached garage and enclosing the open walkway from garage to house and so on. Here are a couple photos. 

E219604E-6519-45D4-BEE9-2F820A777154.jpeg

F7717A41-9AC0-48A3-AA8F-C14E6AA1902D.jpeg

D4F54ABD-A8F1-445C-99EA-A39B881B7815.jpeg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Tara said:

Congratulations! That is a very pretty house

Thank you!

44 minutes ago, emanon said:

Congrats on the spread!  I dig the farmhouse look!  Very warm and inviting, and tons you can do with it.

Yes there’s so many options. It has done nothing but rain here since the snow ended.  The plan is to build about 1K feet off the road so we need some dry weather. Hopefully we can get out there and start staking off where it will be soon!

Head over to garagejournal, TONS of build threads there (not just garage related) that will give you some great ideas.

5 hours ago, Pretzel_Guy said:

Thank you and yes I’ve spent the last 2 years trying to find the right property in the area where I wanted to be.  During that time I searched the PVA and have been literally knocking on doors to see if anyone would sell. After being told no dozens of times, I finally got a yes!  Picked  up just under 50 acres of rolling farmland that had been in the family for 2 generations.  As far as style and size, I’m not in a position to rival some of the amazing homes shared here, but we have found what we like.  Making changes to fit our needs better....colors, room sizes, adding a detached garage and enclosing the open walkway from garage to house and so on. Here are a couple photos. 

E219604E-6519-45D4-BEE9-2F820A777154.jpeg

F7717A41-9AC0-48A3-AA8F-C14E6AA1902D.jpeg

D4F54ABD-A8F1-445C-99EA-A39B881B7815.jpeg

That's gorgeous! Congratulations it sounds like a fun project, and glad it's working out! 

• 1 month later...

Pretty sweet! 

Anyone want to see what us poor people live in? Just kidding Im not showing my house. 

On 5/18/2019 at 7:28 PM, topcabron said:

Finally got a garage worthy of the countach

house isn’t bad either 

E6482F72-A93A-45BA-BC52-C6201B849950.jpeg

A7B01893-82D7-4B46-AF09-7684111A9A9E.jpeg

308C8159-1F53-414A-B030-E30C04AFC8A7.jpeg

D725B8E8-F470-433B-82C2-63500A9C58BC.jpeg

That's great! Spanish style right? Countach looks at home!

On 5/25/2019 at 5:33 AM, topcabron said:

All the above

this house is in Illinois 

Congrats! That is beautiful. I LOVE Spanish style.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, topcabron said:

Drove the Ferrari down to the other home

countach now won’t be alone

Nice! Good stuff TC.

• 6 months later...

We moved to the country 2 1/2 years ago. This first picture was from the listing. The main house is 15,386 sq ft with 9 bathrooms. 2 indoor pools and spa, wineroom, exercise etc.. It's on 20acres, fenced and gated. We have a pond that is stocked with fish and an artesian well that feeds it.

lpuploads08.jpg

Another of the realtor photos

lpuploads10.jpg

The LP 640 was replaced with a 488GTB
lpuploads06.jpg

This is the back yard, the property continues over the tree line

lpuploads02.jpg

This is the front drive. We are set back about a third of a mile so the house isn't visible from the road

lpuploads01.jpg

lpuploads04.jpgThis is the guest house. The people that built the home were railroad enthusiasts. The building was modeled after a local depot. There is about 200' of full size train tracks where they had a caboose.. It's on our shortlist to find one!

Foyer

lpuploads07.jpg

My loft

lpuploads03.jpg

This is the gameroom and the far door is the wine room. Down the hall is the exercise room and at the end a billiards room.

lpuploads05.jpg

1 hour ago, emanon said:

Looks like a suspended ceiling from an office building.... interesting look.

That's the lower level.  That room and the adjoining room is the control room for the Elan Home Control, Lutron Lighting, Honeywell security, internet etc. The builders built those 2 rooms with removable tiles so there is access for maintenance and upgrades to the various systems. The rest of the walls and ceiling are plaster. 

On 1/6/2020 at 8:13 PM, Minte said:

lpuploads04.jpgThis is the guest house. The people that built the home were railroad enthusiasts. The building was modeled after a local depot. There is about 200' of full size train tracks where they had a caboose.. It's on our shortlist to find one!

Foyer

lpuploads07.jpg

My loft

lpuploads03.jpg

This is the gameroom and the far door is the wine room. Down the hall is the exercise room and at the end a billiards room.

lpuploads05.jpg

That's beautiful, well done and congrats! 

There is a local depot (turned museum) that looks nearly identical to your guest house. That's pretty cool!

Shockingly, one of my neighbors around the corner has a caboose stashed on his property! They are also big rail enthusiasts.