LAMBOPOWER CRIBS MEGATHREAD!

Allan-Herbie

here is my house that i am building. 1.2 acre lot, 5000 sq ft house , 2400 sq ft 8-car garage,

Wow, must be hard to build on such a steep incline...:)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a couple of pics of my backyard after we finished the pool last year. I'll try to find some of the house.

nice pool, no wonder you are big into working out, cant look bad if you are going to sit around the pool with your shirt off!

Lol he won't be getting an Aventador with those crazy Aussie taxes! :shock:

It never stopped me in the past :icon_mrgreen:

Tell us your garage ideas.

Just a quick question, from an 'investors' point of view new homes tend to depreciate whilst land tends to appreciate.

Have any your homes you have built actually appreciated? By that I mean e.g.

Market rate land value: 700k

Construction costs: 500k (is profit from construction higher?)

Total cost is: 1.2M

Do you profit more on the house construction costs even though you have lived it in for couple of years?

People I know have lost money on new homes after selling couple years later or broke even, but is it a whole different ball game in the wealthier suburbs?

It all comes down to what you are building and where, are you paying wholesale or retail for the build? design is very important, materials you use, layout, positioning, must be very careful not to overcapitalize, most people become emotionally attached to things then they open their wallets wider and wider.

I treat everything like a business transaction, everything has to make commercial sense otherwise I will not go for it or buy it.

I don't care how much money you have you should never be wasteful, money I save I don't have to make again, if I don't have to make money my ass can just sit on the couch or on LP :icon_mrgreen:

I look for very desirable real-estate (I waited 4 years for the parcel of land I built my current house on) I know my target market very well, I build for me but with a potential customer in mind, I build at the right price, I obviously make money otherwise there would be no incentive for me to sell.

This is the second home I built for us, the reason I am selling it, I got bored I have some crazy ideas that I want to put into practice, I also have a very understanding wife, basically she doesn't care what I do :eusa_dance:

man i dont know what happened to those sideways photos, sorry guys

Damn you for my sore neck!

Wow, must be hard to build on such a steep incline...:)

:lol2:

Nice pool 05LSV!

:icon_thumleft:

Thanks for the compliments. And Vbox - you nailed it....lol. Of course, with my wife being a fitness nut I'm just trying to keep up...

Thanks for the compliments. And Vbox - you nailed it....lol. Of course, with my wife being a fitness nut I'm just trying to keep up...

lol, my wife works out, but I am the fitness nut in the family. I do understand the need to look good for pool season tho!

The pool guys got all the pool stuff up and running today, and it was really nice out, so I took a quick video of the backyard. Landscaping isnt all grown in yet (its only March), but things are starting to sprout. Once it grows in, not only will it look 10 times better, there is 100% privacy in the backyard. It was nice to hear the roar of all the running water again after it being off all winter. The big waterfall in the middle is 30 feet high, and there is a long stream (that you cant really see) running towards the left where there is a pond and decent size shallow kiddie pool. There is also a stream running towards the right that goes around the main pool (and branches off behind it) and spa and connects to the Koi pond. There are a total of 8 bodies of water, Kiddie pool, Main pool, Big waterfall, 3 streams that dump into ponds, Spa, and Koi pond. Along with a 40ft slide there is 29 pumps, 3 gas heaters, tons of LED lighting, fiber optic starlight beach entries (obviously only seen at night). The pool stuff has its own 800 amp service and dedicated meter.

The pool house has a full kitchen with all sub zero/viking appliances. There is a double sink, disposal, full size dishwasher, ice maker, full size fridge and freezer, huge grill, smoker oven, warming drawer, stove top burners, gridle, 2 vent-a-hoods. Also there is a heated bathroom, seperate changing room, lighting control, 3 industrial gas heaters hanging from the ceiling, ceiling fans, outdoor speakers, TV etc.

The entire backyard is fenced in with a tall brick fence except for the one area where rod iron was used for the top half of the brick wall in the back corner so you could see the golf green. The coolest thing is as wide as the backyard is (about 100 yards wide), the pool stuff stretches across it, and there is still a lot of nice grass area. There is also a huge gas backup generator, that has a huge V8 engine in it that will power the entire house and the essential pool stuff. There is also a smaller back up gas generator that powers the above ground concrete shelter/safe room in case the bigger generator fails.

I suck at taking videos, but many people have asked me for more views of my backyard, so here we are. I took this from my upstairs private balcony right off my master bedroom. Also included some pictures that were taken early last fall.

post-6539-1300857656.jpg

post-6539-1300857662.jpg

post-6539-1300857667.jpg

post-6539-1300857672.jpg

post-6539-1300857676.jpg

post-6539-1300857680.jpg

post-6539-1300857685.jpg

post-6539-1300857690.jpg

Aaron, if that were my backyard I wouldn't need any exotics...because I'd never leave the house.

Looks fantastic!

:icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super:

Aaron, if that were my backyard I wouldn't need any exotics...because I'd never leave the house.

Looks fantastic!

:icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super:

Thanks man. Why do you think I barely put any miles on my cars! I work from home, and I usually just put miles on them when going out to dinner or hanging out with friends. And now that I have started my spring cut on march 1st, I have barely left the house in 3 weeks lol. I havent driven the Rolls since I took the wife out for Valentines Day.

Guest Rob Burgundy

Wow that would be too much fun! I love running water. Did you build this home and all the water features or was it built prior to you moving in?

Well done man, well fcuking done. That is an amazing spread you have going!

I need to take about 57 steps backward and get my hands on your roadmap-to-life because I have clearly made a few wrong turns along the way!

Congrats on your success and continue to enjoy it!

Any chance this will be shot by a landscape or watershapes mag as a feature? If you would like it to be let me know.

800 amps ?? 800amps ?? Just for the pool stuff !!! I have a factory that doesn't have an 800A feed !.... I have a single (not three !!) 140'000 BTU pool heater that the gas meter can barely keep up with !

Beautiful pad, absolutely stunning. It's looks fantastic, no wonder you don't like going out !

When's the first BBQ ?