LAMBOPOWER CRIBS MEGATHREAD!

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Fortis

Thank you, a bit sad to see it go after everything I've put into this house but I got the bug again and had to move on :icon_mrgreen:

The buyer is a fellow Lambo owner and he loves the garage, his wife, just like mine shakes her head, boys and their toys :lol2:

Since were sharing, Kitchen is almost done. The backsplash is mother of pearl, counter is white marble, island is Calcutta.

And this week I opened the family room to the back yard with a 23 foot lanai glass door. This shot is from the kitchen island.

IMG_1839.JPG

IMG_1819.JPG

IMG_1869.JPG

Nice Modo, what door are you going for?

I am struggling finding a good system for my new house, I need two runs at 11.5 meters each and one at 9.5 meters, most systems I am shown are rubbish, I need something with not a lot of obstructions/uprights and need to have he whole glass wall/door slide away and hide in a cavity, it's giving me a massive headache ATM.

Nice Modo, what door are you going for?

I am struggling finding a good system for my new house, I need two runs at 11.5 meters each and one at 9.5 meters, most systems I am shown are rubbish, I need something with not a lot of obstructions/uprights and need to have he whole glass wall/door slide away and hide in a cavity, it's giving me a massive headache ATM.

I went with the aluminum clad wood doors from Lacantina. The web site is http://www.lacantinadoors.com/ I haven't seen any that can slide away. I imagine you could build a nook that they would fold into.

Thanks everyone!

Beautiful house Raj! How many garages?

It currently has 2 2car garages and a big pad for the hummer and guests. I plan on adding 2 more garage spots and ill have a couple at my other house. I'm also going to put in a circular driveway in front and gate it off.

Pfff, I knew about this Months Ago.. LOL

Congrats again Raj. Hows the Wifi?

Haven't gotten it quite sorted. My kids are always in my office with their iPads because its closest to the router.

Wow very nice Assman, I remember when you bought it and wondered when we will see photos, can we see some more ? :icon_thumleft:

Will post some more. Thanks!

better shot of MOP

Love it. Our kitchen is white but not the counters or back splashes. It wouldn't stay white long with all the cooking we do.

I went with the aluminum clad wood doors from Lacantina. The web site is http://www.lacantinadoors.com/ I haven't seen any that can slide away. I imagine you could build a nook that they would fold into.

Shouldn't Lacantina be selling food?? :icon_mrgreen:

Folding doors, no good for my application, also I hate using them because they sag and start dragging on the ground after a while.

I need to find a system/supplier very soon.

Shouldn't Lacantina be selling food?? :icon_mrgreen:

Folding doors, no good for my application, also I hate using them because they sag and start dragging on the ground after a while.

I need to find a system/supplier very soon.

Explain the dragging? Even the top mounted ones?

Explain the dragging? Even the top mounted ones?

Top mounted ones do not seal properly at the bottom and unless you have a very solid mounting point, concrete or steel, they can also sag.

Bifold doors are a great idea but in reality most of them suck, the issues are with the tracking system, generally at the bottom, most people want to flush mount/recess them in order to avoid obstructions, stepping over, etc. that brings the door panels closer to the ground and leaves very little room for error, due to the weight of the doors when completely folded the tracks tend to get out of shape, the rolling mechanism, over a period of time tends to lose its rigidity and the front of the doors start to hang closer and closer to the ground.

Because the space I want to open up is so large I will end up with a large number of panels and a ridiculous amount of weight at the stacking point, if I reduce the number of panels I have to increase the glass thickness therefore the overall weight.

I will always avoid bifold doors if I can but that's just me.

Top mounted ones do not seal properly at the bottom and unless you have a very solid mounting point, concrete or steel, they can also sag.

Bifold doors are a great idea but in reality most of them suck, the issues are with the tracking system, generally at the bottom, most people want to flush mount/recess them in order to avoid obstructions, stepping over, etc. that brings the door panels closer to the ground and leaves very little room for error, due to the weight of the doors when completely folded the tracks tend to get out of shape, the rolling mechanism, over a period of time tends to lose its rigidity and the front of the doors start to hang closer and closer to the ground.

Because the space I want to open up is so large I will end up with a large number of panels and a ridiculous amount of weight at the stacking point, if I reduce the number of panels I have to increase the glass thickness therefore the overall weight.

I will always avoid bifold doors if I can but that's just me.

The header is lag bolted to a steel I beam, is that what you mean by a solid mounting point?

Screw the house, just build a big garage.....

Nice collection!

That's quite the garage too

Multi rail big panel sliding doors or are we talking too big?

the space I need to cover is 11.5 meters long x 3 meters high.

I have two of those runs and one shorter at 9.5 m x 3 m there will be no posts in the corners so the doors will need to form few of the 90 degree corners

I want the least amount of uprights, I am happy to do thicker glass but unfortunately I can't do fully frameless because we need to achieve 100% seal.

I have suspended concrete floor above me and concrete floor below, brilliant access so bigger panels are most welcome, we can carry lots of weight and have good fixing up the top, I am concerned about two things, number of uprights/view obstructions and width of the lower track.

I will be using the doors in between the living area and the internal courtyard, the track ends up being 300 mm and a bit of a PITA for the kids to travel over, but I have no other option, at this stage anyway, I will start building soon so time isn't on my side, the doors are critical to the internal design, if i don't get them right I will be pissed.

The local manufacturer is concerned about the strain on the running gear since the doors will end up being very heavy, I asked him to go to 2.2 m wide, at that width the glass will have to be 15 mm at least, you'd know the weight better than me.

I am still working on it, massive PITA unfortunately here we do not have access to the solutions and hardware you guys have in Europe.

The header is lag bolted to a steel I beam, is that what you mean by a solid mounting point?

That should work depending on the weight of the doors, how much weight pushing down on the beam, flex, door usage frequency, how much abuse will the door take, etc etc, make sure you talk to the supplier/installer about your concerns with potential sagging, I know what they will say but at least you have made them aware for when you will really need to talk to them about it :icon_mrgreen:

Personally I hope and wish that will be never, I love the doors and would love to use them but as I said I had few bad experiences with them, with multiple suppliers/manufactures and I just came to the conclusion that that's the compromise you will have to accept if you want to use them and I am not prepared to do that anymore.

Screw the house, just build a big garage.....

I had a buddy who had a place that was like a big 3 car garage but with lifts and all the space could have fit way more but he had arcade games on there too. And then the floor above the gar are was a large TV room, bed room, kitchen, and a deck with a hot tub. Pretty cool setup for a bachelor.

image.jpg

image.jpg

New digs. Going to add on another building in a couple of years and a circular driveway.

Where the hell is this? Are you in Ojai now?

Dude he is basically your neighbor to the North but not that north, think outlets :)

Ah ok, that makes sense then