LAMBOPOWER CRIBS MEGATHREAD!

Allan-Herbie

My crib-in-construction has a lake view and I'm trying to find a solution for the back windows that don't perma-block the view the way plantation shutters do.

Do those windows get sun, or are you just trying to block boaters/etc from looking in?

One of the best moves I made on my joint was automated window shades. They run off the home automation and go up and down however you program them. In my case I have windows that face west, so they go down when the sun hits them and go up right before sunset.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do those windows get sun, or are you just trying to block boaters/etc from looking in?

One of the best moves I made on my joint was automated window shades. They run off the home automation and go up and down however you program them. In my case I have windows that face west, so they go down when the sun hits them and go up right before sunset.

Windows face east. There is a walking trail between my backyard wrought iron fence and the waterline so I want the shades for morning sun and privacy. Just trying to figure out what to get shade-wise.

Pirouettes look good so far. Checking Lutron and QMotion stuff as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thinking about building something like this and manipulating the floor plan a little. I won't be able to completely finish off the whole house all at once, but I think I can get her done..

Just need to find the lot on the mountain top somewhere!

post-19695-1391816049_thumb.jpg

post-19695-1391816062.jpg

post-19695-1391816070.jpg

Thinking about building something like this and manipulating the floor plan a little. I won't be able to completely finish off the whole house all at once, but I think I can get her done..

Just need to find the lot on the mountain top somewhere!

Here man, ill save you the trouble. Here two with similar exteriors already built and they're both high up on the mountain tops ;)

This ones in Olympus cove:

http://www.utahrealestate.com/report/publi...roll_to/1184460

This ones by the Draper temple

http://www.utahrealestate.com/report/publi...roll_to/1205551

0000_1684684839_medium.jpg

Windows face east. There is a walking trail between my backyard wrought iron fence and the waterline so I want the shades for morning sun and privacy. Just trying to figure out what to get shade-wise.

Pirouettes look good so far. Checking Lutron and QMotion stuff as well.

Lutron makes a great product, highly recommended!!

Here man, ill save you the trouble. Here two with similar exteriors already built and they're both high up on the mountain tops ;)

Haha. Awesome. I want to build. And i dont want that big of a house even if i could afford it. Also, north salt lake the best place. 10 min from down town and 5 min from small town feel bountiful. Love this area!

Haha. Awesome. I want to build. And i dont want that big of a house even if i could afford it. Also, north salt lake the best place. 10 min from down town and 5 min from small town feel bountiful. Love this area!

How many Sq Ft is the one you posted? The second one Rob posted looked really close to the lay out you posted. I can appreciate building your own though too, I hope to build my own in a few years too. Its hard to move into someone else home and call it your home.

How many Sq Ft is the one you posted? The second one Rob posted looked really close to the lay out you posted. I can appreciate building your own though too, I hope to build my own in a few years too. Its hard to move into someone else home and call it your home.

The one i posted is about 5700 sq feet without a basement.

The one i posted is about 5700 sq feet without a basement.

Oh Yea! Then the one Rob posted is a lot bigger. Yours seems about perfect really.

Not my style but damn, a lot of house for the money :headbang:

I dispise the mini-castle look, so those 2 houses are completely unattractive to me. However, GOD DAMN what a location!!! :shock: :lol2: Utah is so beautiful it's not even fair. Might even have to go to Park City next summer for a mountain bike trip. :)

It is a lot of house for the price though, especially in such a beautiful setting.

I dispise the mini-castle look, so those 2 houses are completely unattractive to me. However, GOD DAMN what a location!!! :shock: :lol2: Utah is so beautiful it's not even fair. Might even have to go to Park City next summer for a mountain bike trip. :)

It is a lot of house for the price though, especially in such a beautiful setting.

Ive seen it in person and the inside of the one pictured is shit. I kinda like the exterior.

You can get a lot of home around here..park city is a different story.

Papa Johns CEO John Schnatter just listed his 6000 sqft penthouse at the St Regiz hotel for 17.5 M

Down from the 23 he paid for it in 2010

But yes I agree,we live in a very beautiful place. :)

We do live in a very beautiful place. I love the views of the great salt lake I get from the mountain bench. There is a new development that is going to start at the top of the mountain. Not very many lots available and most people have had a retainer on the location for 10+ years.. I am going to try and see about the property up there, but it may take too long to take advantage of these amazing interest rates. So I may build, and buy out one of my friends retainers up in that location. Once that location finally gets going I can build again and sell.

This is a very limited space and area with amazing views. It was rated by MSN in the top 20 places to live in the US because of the views, the proximity (10 minutes to a Jazz game) to a large down town city area in 1 direction, and the proximity to a small 3 people in line at the grocery store city the other direction. I love North Salt Lake!!

Photo of view from my friends house

post-19695-1392142998_thumb.jpg

Ive seen it in person and the inside of the one pictured is shit. I kinda like the exterior.

You can get a lot of home around here..park city is a different story.

Papa Johns CEO John Schnatter just listed his 6000 sqft penthouse at the St Regiz hotel for 17.5 M

Down from the 23 he paid for it in 2010

But yes I agree,we live in a very beautiful place. :)

I agree i don't like the floor plan at all. that big of a house needs open floor plan

• 2 weeks later...

What have I started? Jpegs13 first now christiann, I've created a monster :lol2:

I can't wait to see the replacement, christiann your property looks very large, good to have lots of space to play!

I bought my first, non-rental, place about 12 months back and just finished up renovations in the master bathroom. Its a pretty modest 1/1.5 by south beach standards, but I'm loving the time I get to spend there. The redo took about 3 months longer than I had anticipated, but I'm pretty damn happy about the finished product. On to the powder room!

y5VM7Ye.jpg

dknuudX.jpg

opVxCE6.jpg