1st or 2nd Gen. MINI

LamboNut

1st or 2nd Gen Cooper S  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose?

• 1st Gen (used)
    • 2nd Gen (new)

I've toyed with the idea recently of picking up a Cooper S, but not quite sure which to go with, the 1st or 2nd gen. I wasn't much of a fan of the 2nd gen until I saw a couple that were modded, so now I'm in the middle.

Being that there are quite a few Mini owners on the board, I just thought I'd try and get your opinions!!!

I've toyed with the idea recently of picking up a Cooper S, but not quite sure which to go with, the 1st or 2nd gen. I wasn't much of a fan of the 2nd gen until I saw a couple that were modded, so now I'm in the middle.

Being that there are quite a few Mini owners on the board, I just thought I'd try and get your opinions!!!

Have not checked out new ones but they drop like rocks and then seem to hold thier value well after that. Mine is for sale if your intersted in a used one. Mods and all.

1959_Austin_Mini.jpg

I think you mean 8th or 9th generation, since generation 1 came out in 1959 and generation 7 ended production in 2000.

:eusa_dance:

post-7955-1177564857_thumb.jpg

I think you mean 8th or 9th generation, since generation 1 came out in 1959 and generation 7 ended production in 2000.

:eusa_dance:

I stand corrected! :icon_butt:

Have not checked out new ones but they drop like rocks and then seem to hold thier value well after that. Mine is for sale if your intersted in a used one. Mods and all.

The new Minis are nice. They improved some things like torque steer. Turbo is continuous and smooth. I dont think they have come out with too many mods for the engine yet since they are so new. Its a toss up. Value to price I would go older Mini.

Tony's is a great car. The mods are already there and you wont have to spend the money to get them. I drove it, its got nice power and handling. Price is a steal with the upgrades.

Are you sure your wife wants you to sell it?

The new Minis are nice. They improved some things like torque steer. Turbo is continuous and smooth. I dont think they have come out with too many mods for the engine yet since they are so new. Its a toss up. Value to price I would go older Mini.

Tony's is a great car. The mods are already there and you wont have to spend the money to get them. I drove it, its got nice power and handling. Price is a steal with the upgrades.

Are you sure your wife wants you to sell it?

yeah........she wants a maserati. :eusa_think:

I'll keep that in mind!

dunno which is better, but the first gen LOOKS way better, and is a more expensive car for them to build...I like them losing money on me:) furthermore, you can still find a few new ones...

yeah........she wants a maserati. :eusa_think:

Think twice, the maserati is a piece of SHIT! As far as the mini goes, I don't like the new one, its bigger and slightly different and IMO lost its charm. I purchased a new '06 back in 2/07 and modded the hell out of it. Its a blast.

We talked a little about them here...

Ill be running up against an older mini when iam done with the fiero.

Hopefully these aren't pocket rockets.

Ill be running up against an older mini when iam done with the fiero.

Hopefully these aren't pocket rockets.

Im not sure how to take you? Serious? Sarcastic? or other.

:eusa_think:

I went to the local dealership in Charlotte (Independence Blvd) and they were selling USED Mini's for MORE than NEW ones! Who knows if they were actually GETTING those prices or not, but that is what they were advertising. Just from my limited observation, it seems that the Mini's hold their values pretty well. I'd personally go for the Cooper S. I'd think about going for the JCW kit, but that puts the total price in 30k range. At that price I can pick up an older M3.