SLR vs Z06

lambornima

For those of us who missed out on that, how did that work out?

It turned out to be a 700rwhp GT and the 722 Lost.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

700rwhp, and I believe dad said he was about 2 cars behind.

How is that possible. If a stock SLR is putting down about 520, I´d imagine that a 722 is making about 550 to the wheels so with a 150hp difference how can the 722 even keep up with the also lighter(I think) FGT? Traction shouldn´t be an issue from a roll. I can´t imagine that the Torque of the 722 makes up for the huge hp gap?

limo.jpg

How is that possible. If a stock SLR is putting down about 520, I´d imagine that a 722 is making about 550 to the wheels so with a 150hp difference how can the 722 even keep up with the also lighter(I think) FGT? Traction shouldn´t be an issue from a roll. I can´t imagine that the Torque of the 722 makes up for the huge hp gap?

Maybe he was 2 very long cars behind. :eusa_think:

Is the HP quoted for the SLR real? I can't believe all these claims with only 520hp, its got to be making much more. According to the factory the Ford is supposed to make 550hp but its been proven that the car is actually making over 600hp.

It wasn't from a roll and if the SLR had a better launch and no traction issues it would have been closer.

Is the HP quoted for the SLR real? I can't believe all these claims with only 520hp, its got to be making much more. According to the factory the Ford is supposed to make 550hp but its been proven that the car is actually making over 600hp.

It is .I have seen the dyno sheets.Regular SLR puts down 520rwhp and 498lbs of torque at 3000rpm.Renntech car is 580rwph and 580lbs torque at 2500rpm.

Haven't seen dyno for 722 yet

It wasn't from a roll
So I guess you were so close on him because he had traction problems, right(allthough you mention that you had them too)?

Maybe he was 2 very long cars behind.

lol, yeah, would make sense :icon_mrgreen:

So I guess you were so close on him because he had traction problems, right(allthough you mention that you had them too)?

lol, yeah, would make sense :icon_mrgreen:

I have no clue as to who you are and what you are getting at and i certainly couldn't care less what you believe.I don't need to make up any stories nor to explain myself to you.It is what it is

Ah you got me wrong, I really did not mean to imply that you were lying or anything like that(sorry if it sounded like that), just all the late talk about that the Plastic mess-06 and the cgt and weight and rwhp and so on, got me thinking about this and afaik you are really educated and experienced with such things so I just wanted to know what you think how that is possible? So does torwue really make that much of a difference, or why could you keep up with him?

Did not want to sound rude or anything, just trying to further educate myself on that subject.