COUNTACH FACTORY RECORDS

Joe Sackey

COUNTACH FACTORY RECORDS

I have managed to get them for the 4-litre cars. Please dont ask how, just ask me for help if you need it with YOUR car. I will respond to car owner's specific requests from [email protected] ONLY. I have info on all the chassis built 1974 to 1980 end. But it may take me a week or so to get back to you. The records will be used to update the Registry in due course and of course will remain in my own private Registro Periscopa till book publication. Please do not ask me to post documents as there as still privacy laws that protect the names of previous owners but I can definately respond to simple queries like:

"What date was it built, what original colors was it built in and who was it supplied to per factory records"

I will start with the much-contested 1121036. I have the original owner Steve Dypvik's permission to state his ownership. Per Automobili Lamborghini SpA: (In Italian)

Built May the 11th 1979 (this is actually the completion date, which as noted is AFTER the April 1979 completion date of 1121034. I am reliably informed that the cars took 2 months maximum to build and the factory were DESPERATE to get them out the door without delay, therefore 1121036 is NOT the last 1978 car). Rosso/Champagne. A later entry states: interior Senape. Supplied via S.E.A Automobili di Roma (as per all 4 Countach supplied to Steve Dypvik via Dan Morgan). 174th Countach built.

This is the type of information that can be supplied on each car.

I ONLY have 1974 to 1980 end. Please be patient.

Joe

www.joesackey.com

Joe, I assume this is the same source you gave me on my 1121006?

What about the color of the magical Bravo wheels ? - Ag or Au ?

Exterior mirror types ? :eusa_dance: :lol2: :lol2:

Wing / no wing etc... Radio ?

Nice papers :icon_super:

No. Brand new source gave me the material. For obvious reasons I cant disclose because officially he shouldnt have it. Anyway, I have it and I will share it because the bottom line is owners need to know and Im here to help.

Joe

www.joesackey.com

Anyway, I have it and I will share it because bottom line owners need to know and Im here to help.

Joe

www.joesackey.com

Great. Can you tell us a little more about the 5000s that you have coming in? Someone I know :eusa_think: may be interested...

What about the color of the magical Bravo wheels ? - Ag or Au ?

Exterior mirror types ? :eusa_dance: :lol2: :lol2:

Wing / no wing etc... Radio ?

Nice papers :icon_super:

I wish, I wish, I wish.

Chassis number, build date, colors, first dealer (or first owner if he was a VIP who ordered direct from factory) and with some cars a few notes on a build sheet which mostly just say basic things like "change color to...."

Joe

www.joesackey.com

Joe, I'm still waiting on the paperwork for that cigar...

Agents are making their way even now to Havana in search of the elusive...

Joe

www.joesackey.com

Great. Can you tell us a little more about the 5000s that you have coming in? Someone I know :eusa_think: may be interested...

I cant till Teusday. A freind purchased it today and he cant even tell me what it is and I will only have stats when it gets off the truck. I asked him what it was and he replied definitively: "Real nice Countach".....thanks.

Anyway he wants me to off it and I will give everyone a fair chance as soon as we know. If anything needs minor fixing Bobileff will fix it first.

Joe

www.joesackey.com

I thank Joe for providing this information. I will take it as face value being correct. I have no reason to think he would fabricate documents, NO, let me say I know he would not do that.

However I have issue with these documents NOT coresponding with my documents that I have also obtained, both from the Court proceedings in Italy and other avenues, that I as Joe can not reveal the source, as they probably should not have released them.

The difference is that there is NO question that #34 arrived here in the USA via Customs documents in late April 1979.

There is NO question that #36 arrived in USA on June 7th, 1979, via Customs documents # 604137.

Taking these dates I think it would be safe to say these cars were built within the 2 month period of time, and probably were side to side at some point during their production in the Factory.

If we take the "start" time of production for #34 of December 1978, (provided by Joe, I recall him having the exact date?) then that would put the car at a completion date of approx mid to late February? Maybe March counting closed for Christmas Holiday? SO yes that would put #36 behind it.

What we DON'T have is the "start" date of #36 car. I agree I DO not have that "start" date as well.

I do have documentation that shows 3 cars were in fact in the Factory "not completed" in LATE 1978, when an accounting was performed by the Courts appointed reciever.. I do not have documentation as to what stage they were in, nor what numbers had/are were assigned to them. I can only put the puzzel together with what information I have been able to get. To me it makes total sense that these LAST three cars as described would have been 34,36,38. I think there is no questions as to the evidence pointing that yes car 34 was completed first, then 36 and so on and so on..

So I guess it would be safe to say....what...?

1) NEITHER of these cars are a 1978 car because neither of them were COMPLETED prior to December 31, 1978?.

2) Both of these cars are 1978 Year production cars as intended by the factory, but were delayed due to the Bankruptcy.?

3) Both cars should be considered 1978 cars AS both cars HAVE documentation from Customs and DOT entering USA a 1978 document cars?.

4) #34 is THE last 1978 car to be "started" in 1978 and completed in 1979?.

5) #36 is the last 78 intended car, however was not completed till 1979 as well?

One piece of information I DO NOT have is the "start" date for #36. JOE has the "start" date for #34.

Joe with your new information, since it appears you do have the exact start date for #34, do you have the exact "start" date for #36?.

I think we can all come to a conclusion that the first 50 or so cars is the important part, yes the first S-1 cars, regardless of their build date and time...they are 50 cars that can not be repeated. I will agree as well that the only car that would be OF real extra value is probably the first, prototype, Wolfs car AND I think the LAST S-1 of the first true design. SO #34 and #36 are Bastard children in the middle. But I do think, as JOE has pointed out, that YES it is a "nice" added tag line to your car to say "it is" the "last" 78 car built...I think anyone owning such car would note it and be proud of it.

For me this has really gotten out of hand. What started as a back and forth friendly "pong" game between two knowledgeable and well respected Dealers in the community has grown into a dividing war amongst the lovers of these cars. I will take full blame as being a "acellerator" of this "petty" back and forth barage of sly comments and worthless comments. So if thats what it takes to end this, fine....my car is #36 PERIOD and it is a Countach S-1....which is NOT for sale and I intend to enjoy for a period of time.

I do know that thanks to JOE it was completed In May 1979.

Now, I need to go see it and see if it will speak English to me yet...last time I tried it just sat there, refusing to answer me!!

Fair comments.

BUT, why dont we assume that the 3 incomplete cars were 30, 32 & 34? In FACT in my private collection of images I have 2 images of 1121034 inside the factory before it was pulled outside to the front gate where Sgarzi posed with it. Alongside it are a red/white car, and a black/white car. According to my investigations the nearest red/white car would be 1121030. The black/white car would have to be 1121028 as 1121032 was red/tan.

Anyway, Ive given all I have and until proven I wont speculate on anything. Given the production time frames that Ive cros-referenced with multiple parties who built the cars, 1121036 was likely commenced in February of 1979 if it was ready on May the 11th 1979.

The facts come slowly, but they all come in the end...

Joe

www.joesackey.com

I think we can all come to a conclusion that the first 50 or so cars is the important part, yes the first S-1 cars, regardless of their build date and time...they are 50 cars that can not be repeated. I will agree as well that the only car that would be OF real extra value is probably the first, prototype, Wolfs car AND I think the LAST S-1 of the first true design. SO #34 and #36 are Bastard children in the middle.

my car is #36 PERIOD and it is a Countach S-1....which is NOT for sale and I intend to enjoy for a period of time.

i am with 100 % with you

and IMO the Wolf proto IS worth much more than all other S1

my N°20 is in the middle to

think about it as we are in the middle of some very nice 28-29 y. old handsome ladies :3some: : we can't complain about it :eusa_dance:

Now, I need to go see it and see if it will speak English to me yet...last time I tried it just sat there, refusing to answer me!!

no, sorry Roy: the old countachs can't speak english at all :eusa_naughty: : murcie and gallardos know german and a little english

it can only speack dialetto bolognese: luckily i can understand it :icon_mrgreen: i can translate for you if you need it

it can only speack dialetto bolognese: luckily i can understand it :icon_mrgreen: i can translate for you if you need it

:icon_super: :icon_super:

you guys need to give the wife / Elf a nice hug, go out to the shop / garage, and pick a Lamborghini to drive.

then go for a spirited run.

... come home with ringing ears and a big smile.

first, last , or evil step child, they are still just bad ass cars, that should be enjoyed, and not the cause of separation of 2 people whom i respect.

vroom !

first, last , or evil step child, they are still just bad ass cars, that should be enjoyed

vroom !

You know, a lot of good has come out of this and the lesson here is: dont speculate on what happened.....

Till I got these records I did not know that my own LP400 was built on the 28th of May 1975 (I only knew it was May '75) for VIP client Giancarlo Bandiera who ordered it via Achilli Motors SpA in Milan. Now I know!

Joe

www.joesackey.com

I'm more interested in learning about Steve Dypvik and Dan Morgan than I am about production numbers. Someone shed some light on these guys who were bringing these cars in when very few even knew what they were.

I'm more interested in learning about Steve Dypvik and Dan Morgan than I am about production numbers. Someone shed some light on these guys who were bringing these cars in when very few even knew what they were.

Go to Blockbuster and rent Rainman. :rolleyes:

Go to Blockbuster and rent Rainman. :rolleyes:

They should have kept his 400 in customs instead of the CT's...

Steve is just a cool guy who loved fast cars and he lives not far from me in California. He took one of his Countach to Bob Wallace who increased the redline to 9,000rpm. He then proceeded to drive it "as fast as it would go" :-0

He has calmed down a bit these days...

Dan was a colorful character (ahem). Lets just say my freind Steve kept a close eye on his varied activities. He suffered an untimely demise and is no longer with us. Somebody wasnt very happy. Allegedly.

Joe

www.joesackey.com

You know, a lot of good has come out of this and the lesson here is: dont speculate on what happened.....

Till I got these records I did not know that my own LP400 was built on the 28th of May 1975 (I only knew it was May '75) for VIP client Giancarlo Bandiera who ordered it via Achilli Motors SpA in Milan. Now I know!

Joe

www.joesackey.com

Hello Joe: is the May 1975 build your silver LP400? thanks

No. Its my black/black one.

Joe

www.joesackey.com

Ok, thanks Joe. Then can you share the details on the silver LP400? Where does it fit in the production run? As Bill Mitchell once said 'if you want to show the lines of a car, you paint it silver'. Truer words were never spoken. The silver Countach simply looks perfect. The word "pure" comes to mind...

Ok, thanks Joe. Then can you share the details on the silver LP400? Where does it fit in the production run? As Bill Mitchell once said 'if you want to show the lines of a car, you paint it silver'. Truer words were never spoken. The silver Countach simply looks perfect. The word "pure" comes to mind...

I agree about silver.

Ive asked the owner if I can share....Im waiting to hear.

Joe

www.joesackey.com

I agree about silver.

Ive asked the owner if I can share....Im waiting to hear.

Joe

www.joesackey.com

Thanks for the update Joe! Can you say if the silver color was original for that car? Is the value of a car hurt when it is painted a color other than the 'born with' color? Disregarding when the factory may upgrade specs on a car or change the color for a client...

Peter,

Sorry I forgot - will look up your records presently.

Joe

www.joesackey.com