2007 Mercedes Benz S Class

Fortis

Hi guys,

any of your guys own one, I would like to hear your opinion, I will use it as a DD any major issues that I should be aware of?

I was looking on the net for photos of a S Class with black wheels I couldn't find any, do you guys have any photos to post?

Thank you for your help!

From what i've heard and seen they have no major problems, some electronical issues remain such as the tyre pressure monitor failure or if the car is not used for a couple of weeks it has known to cause complications. My cousin has a S63 and apart from the air suspension failing (replaced under warranty) no problems. Although he wishes he had bought the 65!

On the benz world forum there are many pics with different kit and wheels.

Which model were you thinking of buying?

Hi guys,

any of your guys own one, I would like to hear your opinion, I will use it as a DD any major issues that I should be aware of?

I was looking on the net for photos of a S Class with black wheels I couldn't find any, do you guys have any photos to post?

Thank you for your help!

mbworld.org

From what i've heard and seen they have no major problems, some electronical issues remain such as the tyre pressure monitor failure or if the car is not used for a couple of weeks it has known to cause complications. My cousin has a S63 and apart from the air suspension failing (replaced under warranty) no problems. Although he wishes he had bought the 65!

On the benz world forum there are many pics with different kit and wheels.

Which model were you thinking of buying?

thank you for the info. I am thinking a S350 or a S500 I will be driving around 60,000 km/year I will have to consider few things before I make the decision, I only buy it for safety reasons and comfort, I am always on the road so I need something big and secure something that is not going to spend more time being fixed than being driven.

Like the 7 series my friend bought, one of the early ones, always in the shop :eusa_wall:

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/mercedes/s-class/2007

Seems to be good according to JD.

I'd personally go for the 500, as it is now using the old 5.5 non supercharged AMG engine, linked to a 7speed gearbox for not much difference in fuel consumption in comparisson to the 350.

Thanks mate excellent info. I didn't know that, could you supercharge it using the genuine AMG supercharger?

I guess not with all the electronics in the car

It is possible, I do not know about AMG but I know for sure Carlsson and Kleeman do it. It will take the car up to around 500hp!

In the UK the cost is around £15k for the Carlsson supercharger, this included reprograming the ECU etc, and Carlsson also state that it does not affect your warranty.

If you are based in the US i'm sure it will be cheaper, I know of one official Kleeman outlet;

Lucent Motors

2130 S. Sepulveda Blvd

Los Angeles, CA 90025

Tel: 310-231-3328

Fax: 310-231-3348

E-mail: [email protected]

Good Luck

It is possible, I do not know about AMG but I know for sure Carlsson and Kleeman do it. It will take the car up to around 500hp!

In the UK the cost is around £15k for the Carlsson supercharger, this included reprograming the ECU etc, and Carlsson also state that it does not affect your warranty.

If you are based in the US i'm sure it will be cheaper, I know of one official Kleeman outlet;

Lucent Motors

2130 S. Sepulveda Blvd

Los Angeles, CA 90025

Tel: 310-231-3328

Fax: 310-231-3348

E-mail: [email protected]

Good Luck

Thank you so much for your time, I live in Australia

I will do some reaserch on what's available here I am sure it won't be much!

I have an S600 for a year now and I absolutely love it. I got rid of my Flying Spur for it. Best move I have ever made. Car is nothing short of amazing for me.

I have an S600 for a year now and I absolutely love it. I got rid of my Flying Spur for it. Best move I have ever made. Car is nothing short of amazing for me.

That sounds good, I am getting one for sure, I am at the negotiating stage, they have the car I want in stock so I should be able to get it in the next few days if I can do the deal!

Looking forward to it, I was looking everywhere to find some nice rims in black but couldn't find any photos of one, have you kept yours standard?

I am thinking a S350 or a S500 I will be driving around 60,000 km/year

I wouldn't bother with the 350, though that's me. My uncle recently had the 350, 500 and 600 as test cars as he is looking to upgrade his 05 S500, and got to have a look at them. I think he is going for the 500, the 350 just felt underpowered imo for how big a car it was, and the 600 while good - here it is $100k extra over the S500 and simply not worth it for his needs. All are amazingly comfortable - though I don't know what the current 7-series is like haven't been in one.

Sorry no idea on any issues/ reliability with 07's, but his 05 has been fantastic as far as I know had no problems to speak of.

Edit: Oh from last post looks like you've decided - what did you go for?? S500 I assume?

I have some work done to my 600. I have a full A R T body kit, Carlsson lowering suspension, 20inch lowenhart wheels in black, and an ecu upgrade coming soon.

I bought the S350 I am ok with the power if I need more I can always jump in the Lambo. I bought the car for comfort and safety it will be my DD for a while.

To be honest I haven't felt a huge difference between the S350 and the S500 not enough to warrant the extra $100k, they are both underpowerd in my opinion.

Infamous would you be able to post some photos of your car? I was thinking of doing black wheels on mine and lower it

Thanks

I dont have any to post I will try to take some for u

Thanks man, if you have a chance don't go out of your way if you busy!

Take care!

S350 and the S500 not enough to warrant the extra $100k,

Wow, for $100k I wouldn't bother either - same logic for why he didn't go S600. The 350 to 500 difference that we were told here was only about $30k, hence made sense to go up. I'm sure you'll love it, and congrats :) Is it replacing any of your existing cars?

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/mercedes/s-class/2007

Seems to be good according to JD.

I'd personally go for the 500, as it is now using the old 5.5 non supercharged AMG engine, linked to a 7speed gearbox for not much difference in fuel consumption in comparisson to the 350.

Sorry to say this, but the 5.5 litre amg and the new merc engine, has nothing to do with each other. The merc 5.5 is brandnew, a sublime engine with good low end tourque a goog sound and loves revs to. I easily do 9 km/l 10,6l/100 km in the cl.

The 5.5 litre old amg is made of the old 5.0 litre merc engine.

Wow, for $100k I wouldn't bother either - same logic for why he didn't go S600. The 350 to 500 difference that we were told here was only about $30k, hence made sense to go up. I'm sure you'll love it, and congrats :) Is it replacing any of your existing cars?

Yes my Corolla :icon_mrgreen:

The 5.5 litre old amg is made of the old 5.0 litre merc engine.

To be precise, both of these engines are based on the 4.3 liter V8 (codename M113 for all of them) same as the engine from the SLR (M155).