White Special Edition SLR

LamboNut

Well, sorry if this is a repost, but I could not find it anywhere else on here.

It seems that they may produce a special edition white SLR. I don't know how reliable the source is and there aren't too many details in the article, but I thought it was interesting nonetheless.

http://www.autospies.com/news/The-white-Sp...-Mclaren-18401/

post-733-1186110011_thumb.jpg

dont they already offer a white car? except (as Aram said) paint it first, then repaint it and charge 50K? now the make it a special edition and charge what, 50K?

looks amazing though.

The last white one I've seen/heard about was custom made for an owner in Dubai or something. Looks very sleek. Definitely an eye-popper.

• 3 weeks later...
The last white one I've seen/heard about was custom made for an owner in Dubai or something. Looks very sleek. Definitely an eye-popper.

Must be the car I have seen in Cannes.

Mclaren has had problems with the white on the SLR and that is why it hasn't been offerred as a standard colour.It seems CF reacts with the white paint and the white turns into yellow.It seems they are working on it and will have a solution soon.

When i enquired recently i was told they will repaint any car white for the cost of 30000 pounds.It seems the repaint requires about 120hrs of labour so it doesn't seem too out of whack even though it is a lot of money for a paintjob.

The other issue is the interior as i believe i would have to change the colour too

Mclaren has had problems with the white on the SLR and that is why it hasn't been offerred as a standard colour.It seems CF reacts with the white paint and the white turns into yellow.It seems they are working on it and will have a solution soon.

When i enquired recently i was told they will repaint any car white for the cost of 30000 pounds.It seems the repaint requires about 120hrs of labour so it doesn't seem too out of whack even though it is a lot of money for a paintjob.

The other issue is the interior as i believe i would have to change the colour too

Hmm that is a lot of money. I have been thinking the to repaint a SLR myself and will send a mail to AMG's VIP department, maybe they can do it for a resonable price.

Why would you have to change the interior colour?

Theres a white SLR over at Peterson. the guy also owns a Jag Xj220, an Aston Martin and an F430.

Maybe not an special edition but its white.

In addition to what Aram was saying I have also heard that AMG VIP can do a special request paint job on the SLR for a large amount of money. According to a friend of mine who lives in Dubai, there is a workshop overthere that some SLR owner have taken their silver cars to paint white for far less than £30,000.(I will find out details)

IMO £30K is way too much, regardless of how much wealth you have to pay for a paint job, especially as the SLR is depreciating so much (in the UK anyway) I saw one recently go for £150K (private sale)

Strange as there are also white Zondas which is also a CF car

In addition to what Aram was saying I have also heard that AMG VIP can do a special request paint job on the SLR for a large amount of money. According to a friend of mine who lives in Dubai, there is a workshop overthere that some SLR owner have taken their silver cars to paint white for far less than £30,000.(I will find out details)

IMO £30K is way too much, regardless of how much wealth you have to pay for a paint job, especially as the SLR is depreciating so much (in the UK anyway) I saw one recently go for £150K (private sale)

:shock: :shock: U gotta be kidding me? £150K?

I'm afraid not, from memory it had 30,000 miles on it. There are loads around at the £200k mark at the moment and going down. One of the main reasons I think is because it is lhd and in the UK we drive on the right.

I was the one who said that ///AMG's VIP department maybe can do it for a resonable price. The 30 K is crazy.....

Regarding used cars, there has also been sold one SLR very very "cheap" on the French Riviera.