Ferrari 355

Jerry123

At first I did, but that wore off quickly. I honestly hated that car, even moreso then my 348TS.

What was it about the 348 that made you like it better? You would think that the 355 would of been the superior car?

Sonny

What was it about the 348 that made you like it better? You would think that the 355 would of been the superior car?

Sonny

348 is more of a raw car....heavier steering, shifter, clutch. Last of the strong arm Ferrari V8s.

Also, it has been "said" that the outright performance difference between the two is not as dramatic as people think.

Allan's entitled to his opinion of the 355 being junk, but me thinks he loathes it (like most other cars) for not being the fastest car money can buy. ;)

Aram who is perhaps the most nitpicking handling purist on this forum didn't outright destroy the car.

I think the biggest problem with the car is the valve guide issue which can make the maintenance an expensive nightmare if things go wrong.

If you know what you're getting it should be a fun car. If you need the absolute fastest and best handling car $65k can buy, look elsewhere.

And again it's an older design...1994.

348 is more of a raw car....heavier steering, shifter, clutch. Last of the strong arm Ferrari V8s.

From what I heard, you can take the steering mechanism from the 348, and install it on the 355. A few Euro cars, were optionally equipped by the factory with manual steering. I have never heard of anyone owning such a car (Nobody on f.c., knew of such a car). In the local F Club, 2 chics drove their own 355's with 6spd boxes. Times have changed!

Strong arm Ferrari ? - Compared to what ? :icon_mrgreen:

I think the biggest problem with the car is the valve guide issue which can make the maintenance an expensive nightmare if things go wrong.

The later cars, do not have this issue. Yet the 95 355, is the best stock performer of the group. The other expensive issue, is the potential for a cracked exhaust manifold.

Car sounds and looks great.

My wife drove the shit out of the 348 and 355.

As for why I like the 348 better than the 355, thats easy. At 40K a 348 has an excuse to be a POS, at 90K the 355 does not.

My wife drove the shit out of the 348 and 355.

As for why I like the 348 better than the 355, thats easy. At 40K a 348 has an excuse to be a POS, at 90K the 355 does not.

Could you please expand on why you thought the F355 was a piece of crap? More details may be helpful for those of us considering the F355. Thanks!

Could you please expand on why you thought the F355 was a piece of crap? More details may be helpful for those of us considering the F355. Thanks!

Ive said it many times. Horrible build quality, terrible steering feel, mediocre performance at best, and exhorbitant maintenence costs.

Ive said it many times. Horrible build quality, terrible steering feel, mediocre performance at best, and exhorbitant maintenence costs.

What happened to your 355?. Trade bait?.