The ///AMG thread™

MONACO BODYGUARDS

MONACO BODYGUARDS™ presents:

The ///AMG thread™

Here you can post AMG related questions and pictures.

Through the years I have owned several AMG cars, like the SL 60 ///AMG and the S 73 ///AMG, vehicles that were/are a LOT more unique than those of today's production line. Before you brought your Mercedes to AMG and they would do whatever modification you would like. But that was of course BEFORE it became the high-performance brand of the Mercedes Car Group (MCG)....

In 1994 I visited AMG headquarters for the first time and since then I have had a close relationship with the test car/VIP department as well as the F1™ Safety Car Team.

My Ferrari red SL 60 ///AMG, with handmade red and black interior was a sensation in Monaco as the first, wherever I went people was asking AMG ??... WHAT is that ??? or Mr.... your car is No. 1 in Monaco....this was of course in 1996...

In 1998 AMG fitted 3 television screens in my white S 7.3 L V12 , which by that time was a first even in Monaco and a small sensation for people most. It was a MONSTER with it's 7.3 liter engine and around 550 HP, nobody here would believe me if I told you how fast, but ask the likes of Kylie Minogue, the Danish pop group sensation and one time wonder Aqua ( I'm a Barbie girl.... ) or numerous business people who afterward bought their own AMG !!!..., and I am pretty sure that they have not forgotten yet....

When I took delivery of my current SL AMG, I got chrome door pins with ///AMG logo and a ///AMG F1™ Safety Car front numberplate, as a small present from the boys at AMG.

So I feel offended when I read all these crazy stories from the idiots on the MB WORLD. It didn't use to be like that. I have been a member there for years, but maybe that is the reason why I have not been active for a long while... AMG owners used to be more like the guys here at Lambo-Power. But I can see that we do have quite a few AMG owners here, which comforts me because AMG is one of the worlds BEST DAILY high-performance drives. Immensely fast, but DO not compare it to a Lamborghini, a SLR etc... And I KNOW WHAT I am talking about, from my OWN long time experience. Not from magazines and the Internet..... Which is why I feel close to you guys here at Lambo-Power, because many of you guys also have REAL experience and REAL cars..........

Pictures of your car or questions, post it up here !

Below my red SL 60 ///AMG

1._Mercedes_SL_60_AMG.jpg

2._Mercedes_SL_60_AMG.jpg

3._Mercedes_SL_60_AMG.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never knew they made an S 73 AMG.

Have you driven the CL 73 AMG? (there was one right, can't find any pics now)

You are actually right. The 7.3 L engine was first seen in the SL 73 ///AMG. And it was a ROCKET. So was this limo. I have driven a lot of km's in both.

My S 73 ///AMG is a "one off" thanks to the work I have done for the factory. Mine is not the only one though, I believe the delivered a few more to some wealthy Arabic sheiks and a place I can not remember now.

By the way, maybe you can spot our blue police light hidden under the back lights?

18._Monaco.jpg

19._Monaco.jpg

Nice vehicles!

Since you're coming from older AMG's, how do you feel about the two AMG SUVs? Also, do they still make the 7.3 liter, or is it out now that their 5.5, 6.2 and 6.5 liter engines are producing huge amounts of power?

Nice vehicles!

Since you're coming from older AMG's, how do you feel about the two AMG SUVs? Also, do they still make the 7.3 liter, or is it out now that their 5.5, 6.2 and 6.5 liter engines are producing huge amounts of power?

I LOVE the ///AMG SUV's! The 7.3 L is currently being produced for Pagani and VIP clients :icon_thumleft:

250px_AMG_logo_svg.png

Hello Monaco Bodyguards. Yes I'm new here and we don't know

each other, but I'm wondering if you can answer in your opinion what

you think of the new electronic governance of the newer AMG's? I'm talking

about automatic braking, as opposed to traction control.

Do you like it? Think it's a neccessary item given the weight of the newer cars?

The last part you might have a better idea of given you've owned some serious

MB metal.

:icon_thumleft:

Monaco you have such great connections, i usually dont like the bigger older mercs but i really like the s73, do you have more pictures of this or other cars

The S73 AMG was produced for the Sultan of Brunei but there are some people who have now managed to get their hands on them. please correct me if I am wrong.

Your clients probably feel like it's the 1980s all over again when riding in those cars :D Cool looking cars though.

Are you actually allowed to have BLUE police car lights in a car? Or do you just have them in case something happens, and just turn them on and drive, even though it's illegal.

Hello Monaco Bodyguards. Yes I'm new here and we don't know

each other, but I'm wondering if you can answer in your opinion what

you think of the new electronic governance of the newer AMG's? I'm talking

about automatic braking, as opposed to traction control.

Do you like it? Think it's a neccessary item given the weight of the newer cars?

The last part you might have a better idea of given you've owned some serious

MB metal.

:icon_thumleft:

First of all welcome to Lambo Power!

And of course I will answer you my friend!

As I am not a mechanic nor an engineer but only a expert driver, I can only tell you how they feel to drive.

The ///AMG cars are NOT competitors for a Lamborghini or a Ferrari. BUT it is one of the best DD (daily drives) on the whole planet.

For limousine use, outstanding.

The cars has A LOT of HP and the new electronic governance is unfortunately necessary as many of (most) the clients do not have good enough driving skills to master the car in difficult situations. AMG wants to avoid bad publicity and accidents. This is car made so EVERYBODY can just get inside and drive FAST!

For the skilled driver and with relation to AMG's VIP department you can have your car modified with more HP, exhaust, LSD (limited slip differential) etc.

250px_AMG_logo_svg.png

Monaco you have such great connections, i usually don't like the bigger older mercs but i really like the S 73, do you have more pictures of this or other cars

Yes I do my friend, it was made specially for me in Bianco White as the original Mercedes white tends to be a little "yellow". Here we go:

20._Heliport_Monaco.jpg

23._Eze.jpg

12._Airport_Nice.jpg

The S73 AMG was produced for the Sultan of Brunei but there are some people who have now managed to get their hands on them. please correct me if I am wrong.

You are TOTALLY right :icon_thumleft:

When I wrote "and a place I can not remember now" it was him I was thinking of.

250px_AMG_logo_svg.png

What is the HP of the S73? that cant be as high as the Zonda F or anything like that can it since it is an older model.

And sidenote: Monaco you have more threads about you or with your name in the title then any other member here!! Nice to have you back! :icon_thumleft: