The ///AMG thread™

MONACO BODYGUARDS

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Two beautys! Something about that car that reminds me of my youth.

What ever happened to it? Did you sell it or is it still in your possesion?

I replaced it with another red car... this:

7._Parking_Halevy.jpg

Hi Monaco,

Cool to know that you are the king of passion for AMG. I love AMGs :icon_super: and hope one day to be able to make it to one of the academy events held in Germany, also, hope to make it next year to a couple of DTM races. I will get a couple of pics of my amg to post here.

How do you like the CLK63 Black Series? have you driven one?

Cheers Monaco and good to have you back on Lpower. :icon_thumleft:

Cheers

Hi Monaco,

Cool to know that you are the king of passion for AMG. I love AMGs :icon_super: and hope one day to be able to make it to one of the academy events held in Germany, also, hope to make it next year to a couple of DTM races. I will get a couple of pics of my amg to post here.

How do you like the CLK63 Black Series? have you driven one?

Cheers Monaco and good to have you back on Lpower. :icon_thumleft:

Cheers

Thank you. I am looking forward to see your pics :icon_thumleft:

Yes I have driven many km's in the 63 BS. It is an AWESOME car. Just love everything about it.

post_389_1258715117.png

Nice cars. I love early AMG stuff! Nothing like an AMG W124

THAT CAR!!!

i loved it when i was a kid :)

when can i find one for sale???

Should not be THAT difficult. You can find one and import it from Germany :icon_thumleft:

It is a bomb!

i really like them!!!

and i bet they should not be so expensive today

if anyone has a link of some for sale it would be appreciated

i really like them!!!

and i bet they should not be so expensive today

if anyone has a link of some for sale it would be appreciated

I am sure you could find it on mobile.de

post_389_1258715117.png

I remember, about 8-9 years ago, as a beginning driver, I was often driving to one of my friends' place and there was this beauty of a C43 AMG that would often fly by me and very illegal speeds, EVERYTIME I saw him!!! :) It was just a badass car...it was probably a late 90s, early 2000s car, just like your cars were Monaco. I still have a crush on that car even though it's very "dated" now.

Actually that brings up another question, how does AMG feel about Renntech or is it similar to how Brabus is contracted? What about other tuners and whatnot?

Actually that brings up another question, how does AMG feel about Renntech or is it similar to how Brabus is contracted? What about other tuners and whatnot?

how is brabus contracted?

how is brabus contracted?

I am pretty sure Mercedes-Brabus have a contract together for tuning, similar to Honda-Mugen (except at a different level). Mugen, although a family business associated with Honda, will only work on Honda cars and I believe they can only work on Honda cars as per contract, so you won't see them go out....sort of like an in home Honda tuner, but not.

I believe I read somewhere, although a while ago so I could have misunderstood or simply be wrong, but Brabus and Mercedes run something similar, where any vehicle that Mercedes creates, Brabus has access for tuning and modifications that don't void the stock warranty and also have their own warranty, unless of course buying a Brabus Supercar (SV12, GV12, Rocket, Bullit...etc).

Again, I might be entirely wrong, I'll see if I can find it again.

not the best pictures but this is my daily drive.

mydd.jpg

rentech.jpg

I really like the CLS! It is a car I have considered myself instead of a SL. This car could be used for both business and shopping.

PLEASE post up more pics of your car! :) And tell us more about the tuning kit rom Renntech :icon_thumleft:

I am pretty sure Mercedes-Brabus have a contract together for tuning, similar to Honda-Mugen (except at a different level). Mugen, although a family business associated with Honda, will only work on Honda cars and I believe they can only work on Honda cars as per contract, so you won't see them go out....sort of like an in home Honda tuner, but not.

I believe I read somewhere, although a while ago so I could have misunderstood or simply be wrong, but Brabus and Mercedes run something similar, where any vehicle that Mercedes creates, Brabus has access for tuning and modifications that don't void the stock warranty and also have their own warranty, unless of course buying a Brabus Supercar (SV12, GV12, Rocket, Bullit...etc).

Again, I might be entirely wrong, I'll see if I can find it again.

* BRABUS has an official cooperation with Mercedes, especially when we talk about SMART. Brabus offer a separate warranty for their special "one off" vehicles.

* RENNTECH is owned by Hartmut Feyhl. He worked 12 years at AMG Germany before being technical manager of AMG North America. In 1989 he left AMG to create his own company.

He has no official contract with the factory but trust me when I say that his contacts remain very close to the factory.

Instead he do some cooperation with MKB, a German Mercedes tuner owned by one of original ///AMG founders.

about_hf_1.jpg

Monaco,

Whats your thoughts on the CLK 63 Black?

What are you trying to use it for? Ive spent quite some time behind the wheel of one of these. Cool car, but like my buddy Kevin and I say, really has no special Niche for the garage.

I drove one a couple years back at Monterey and really like the way it drives. It was a possible daily driver for me a while back but I really wish it had the new 7 speed wet clutch.

Yeah the tranny in the thing is anything but impressive. It really doesnt do exactly what you tell it to do. I drove it first time from Columbia SC back to Cincinnati OH and it was a blast to drive through the mountains and on the highway. The exhaust note on it is fantastic. But just driving it around the city and whatnot can get a bit cumbersome for a daily. Then again, going from driving F40's and the SE30 Jota, you probably wont feel the same way as I would about this. Maybe Kevin (SLYKMR) can chime in and give his daily driving thoughts on it was HIS car afterall....

Yeah, i would like to know his thoughts. But I still think I'm going with the ZR1 as my daily.

Well in that case the BS may be a more versatile car! Have you gotten a ZR1 yet? And what color?