Veyron Pur Sang

Tommy

Nick Mason (Pink Floyd's drummer) wanted a special Veyron, as pure as possible, so here it is. Exterior surface is all carbon fiber and aluminum. No paint. The aluminum wheels are polished on the inside and diamond-cut on the outside. Cost is 1.4 million euros, which is about $2 million. Bugatti will build five and there are four left for sale.

$2M for an unpainted car! :icon_fU:

vps.jpg

OMFG, I love that Edmunds article.

Read this:

It is mechanically identical to every other Veyron, but its body is just polished aluminum and carbon fiber. Paint will cost you extra

So, they charge you 600 GRAND to NOT paint it and polish some aluminum body panels, THEN they'll charge you EXTRA to paint it.

Holy shit, are these people INSANE??????

Looks better than pussy pink or puke green. So what if they charge extra, if you can swing 7 figures for a car then a few extra hundred grand is nothing.

getting less and paying more

but it does look cooll

i thought most of the body panel is made of carbon fiber, i guess i was wrong

No, you are correct. They just did the aluminum panels as a new thing, to make it different.

Got to remember Pagani charge more for their bare car as well, because it takes more time and effort to make aluminium or carbon fibre neat to leave unpainted. Not sure if you have ever looked at milled aluminium but it has inconsistences throughout.

Can I have one the other way around --- carbon fibre on where the aluminum is and aluminum on where the CF is? Wouldn't that save a lot of weight and, therefore, increase performance? I.e. assuming it doesn't get airborne. :icon_mrgreen:

Got to remember Pagani charge more for their bare car as well, because it takes more time and effort to make aluminium or carbon fibre neat to leave unpainted. Not sure if you have ever looked at milled aluminium but it has inconsistences throughout.

Pagani is well known for the carbon fiber skills, so it shouldnt be difficult to get it looking great. On the Veyron, this obviously isnt milled aluminum, but stamped or hand formed. The only reason the polished aluminum would be more difficult is because polishing that large surface area would take quite a bit of time. Not difficult, but very time consuming.

I really like the wheels on this car a lot better than the other wheels I have been seeing on the Veyron. My brother and I both agreed when we saw the Veyron in Beverly Hills that the wheels just looked "cheap".

Throw some Dub's on it. :eusa_dance: you'll be the badest balla on the road.

• 4 weeks later...

how can someone clanging on metal afford a Veyron? beats me.... he also owns an Enzo if I remember correctly. Anyway, it's analogous to uneducated, drug-addicted, charlatans, and bastards like Schwarzman who really make big money... after all, if people had any sense, teachers/professors and scientists should be paid MUCH more than what they get currently...

tsk tsk.. it really is the iron age... irreverence and indiscipline are the hallmark of people today..

Turn on your radio. Royalties baby.

haha.. yea.. I was just kidding about the 'clanging metal' thing but still it blows my mind as to how much dough these 'musicians', a relative term of course :D, make. I guess the Beatles guy, McCartney is a billionaire right? Goddamn that's crazy..

I'm not big on the aluminum look...All carbon fiber would be fine with me. I love the wheels however. (let's not make this thread about who should be getting paid what)