722 GTR

Kaz2

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It costs 769000 Euros,21 to be made.You can get your own car retrofitted for the cheap price of 450000 Euros.It still uses an auto tranny.you cannot race it in any FIA races and it has to be serviced by them.

Basically a total ripoff.Needless to say i passed.

Any upgrades in overall performance compared to the 722? Or is it more cosmetic? And were there deletions in the interior features to save on weight? or again purely for style?

I love it, but am sketchy on the wing. With upgraded power output I could see this being a hot collector.

It costs 769000 Euros,21 to be made.You can get your own car retrofitted for the cheap price of 450000 Euros.It still uses an auto tranny.you cannot race it in any FIA races and it has to be serviced by them.

:iamwithstupid:

Very true, but it also means; from another perspective; that the Reventon is twice of a total rip-off and, ironically, makes this car look like a good deal! :icon_rolleyes:

Re: my comment about the Reventon might be setting a bad trend of hyper-prices for not-so-hypercars? Looks like it's happening! :eusa_wall:

The car will be built by Ray Mallock.There are quite a few changes over the street car,none to the power plant.The suspension is being revised,centre lock wheels and different sway bars,wider and lighter body panels,obviously full roll cage and for the price you get some spares.

When you consider that to convert a street car into a race car should probably cost about 150k max as there are no powerplant modifications this is a huge cash grab.

The car will be built by Ray Mallock.There are quite a few changes over the street car,none to the power plant.The suspension is being revised,centre lock wheels and different sway bars,wider and lighter body panels,obviously full roll cage and for the price you get some spares.

When you consider that to convert a street car into a race car should probably cost about 150k max as there are no powerplant modifications this is a huge cash grab.

Huge cash grab, and a way for them to use up chassis's.

Mclaren told me they didn't want the race car to be too radical because that is not what their clientele wants.They seem to be another one of theses condescending companies who want to tell you what you should like instead of listening to you and acting accordingly

basically an "FXX" 722 without anymore power? Can't use it anywhere, nice track car but at that price point might as well get an ex race car.

I think it looks hot and I would love to drive it on the track, but I agree with Aram and Clax.

Sounds like they are trying to pull a "Reventon" :icon_mrgreen:

basically an "FXX" 722 without anymore power? Can't use it anywhere, nice track car but at that price point might as well get an ex race car.

I think it looks hot and I would love to drive it on the track, but I agree with Aram and Clax.

I doubt that power is where the SLR 722 might be falling short.

and this thing weighs 700 lbs less than the regular 722. so thats 722 = ~3700 lbs and this thing is right around 3000.

I doubt that power is where the SLR 722 might be falling short.

and this thing weighs 700 lbs less than the regular 722. so thats 722 = ~3700 lbs and this thing is right around 3000.

i'm not saying its not capable, I'm saying it got the same treatment the enzo got becoming the FXX, just no power upgrades.

i'm not saying its not capable, I'm saying it got the same treatment the enzo got becoming the FXX, just no power upgrades.

FXX is getting a huge power upgrade this year.The 722 race car is nowhere close to the FXX.IT IS NOT APPEALING AT ALL and that is too bad as they could have done something special.

Why the hell are car companies bothering to do this shit. Lets rice the cars out, throw some stickers and a body kit on it and sell it for twice what its worth. Put me in charge. Every car "redone" like that would have a minimum 200 more H.P. for Reventon money, you can buy yourself an LP and give it to Jheff get it back with 1000 HP and save $750,000. Screw 1 of 20, thats 1 of 1

wasn the FXX like 2.8-3 million dollars?

Why the hell are car companies bothering to do this shit. Lets rice the cars out, throw some stickers and a body kit on it and sell it for twice what its worth. Put me in charge. Every car "redone" like that would have a minimum 200 more H.P. for Reventon money, you can buy yourself an LP and give it to Jheff get it back with 1000 HP and save $750,000. Screw 1 of 20, thats 1 of 1

for LP640 money you can buy yourself a Viper, take it to...see were im going with this?

or how about for someone who can afford a Reventon, to take it to Heffner? :o