722 GTR

Kaz2

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In general I think the car is ugly and does not make too much sence, but on the other side.... They try.

But there are bits and pieces that could be used on a street SLR

But there are bits and pieces that could be used on a street SLR

That is true.I can't imagine what Mclaren will charge for those bits and pieces.They sure like to sock it to their customers

The automatic transmission takes away from the car.I had a long discussion with Mclaren about it and they tell me that there is no transmission on the market that will take the SLR's torque and i find that hard to believe.Given that this is a race car and they are not giving it away they should have come up with an SMG box or short of that a Hewland.

However,Mclaren is so condescending they want to dictate to their customers what they should like

However,Mclaren is so condescending they want to dictate to their customers what they should like

They may encounter problem with that seat :icon_oak:

The automatic transmission takes away from the car.I had a long discussion with Mclaren about it and they tell me that there is no transmission on the market that will take the SLR's torque and i find that hard to believe.Given that this is a race car and they are not giving it away they should have come up with an SMG box or short of that a Hewland.

Those guys are just feeding you bullshit. There are plenty of manual transmissions that can handle far more torque. The transmission in the Ford GT is rated to over 800 lb-ft. My car has about 690 lb-ft, and the tranny handles it easily.

I recognize that car is a race car, but the interior is absolutely ridiculous. Even race cars should have interiors that look reasonably appealing.

Is it just a stock transmission?

Why the third pedal?

Those guys are just feeding you bullshit. There are plenty of manual transmissions that can handle far more torque. The transmission in the Ford GT is rated to over 800 lb-ft. My car has about 690 lb-ft, and the tranny handles it easily.

I recognize that car is a race car, but the interior is absolutely ridiculous. Even race cars should have interiors that look reasonably appealing.

I was refering to an SMG BOX Jay.I don't believe Mclaren wanted a 6 speed in their car.And it is bullshit anyway.I wonder what the Veyron uses.

Is it just a stock transmission?

Why the third pedal?

I believe it is.I also don't understand the third pedal but i didn't get into it as when i went to the factory the GT wasn't there.

I was refering to an SMG BOX Jay.I don't believe Mclaren wanted a 6 speed in their car.And it is bullshit anyway.I wonder what the Veyron uses.

Oh, gotcha. I can't comment on SMG, don't know enough about it.

I wonder what the Veyron uses.

The veyron uses a Ricardo transmission which is the same company that builds the transmission for the FGT. :icon_thumleft:

The veyron uses a Ricardo transmission which is the same company that builds the transmission for the FGT. :icon_thumleft:

Having driven both, their is absolutely NO similarity. :icon_thumleft:

Having driven both, their is absolutely NO similarity. :icon_thumleft:

Wow, really? I would have thought that it would feel identical, considering that one of them is automatic with 1000hp, and the other is manual with 550hp. Hmmm. :icon_mrgreen:

Wow, really? I would have thought that it would feel identical, considering that one of them is automatic with 1000hp, and the other is manual with 550hp. Hmmm. :icon_mrgreen:

:eusa_doh:

It was sarcasm my friend.

Guest skokos

is that the only pic you have of it tommy? that thing looks bad ass!!

• 2 weeks later...
McLaren SLR 722 GT at speed on the 'Ring: http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/19/racing-...ed-on-the-ring/

660lbs. lighter, very nice...what the car should have been from the factory.

And 7:38 around the Ring with a broken tranny is amazing, bet the wider tires + racing slicks takes care of the low gear hooking-up issue out of the lower speed corners with ease. What a beast.