2005 Maybach Value?

Richard Wallace

A friend of mine passed away a few weeks ago (he had quite a car collection which most they are keeping).

He has a 2005 Maybach 57 with 19K miles in great condition which they want to sell... I drove this car several times and they called and asked me to help out to find what the going price for resale would be. The few other cars they are selling have a easy to find blue book (AMG SL65, SL500, BMW, etc) but this one they don't have a good feel for.

Frankly I don't either - never dealt with the ultra luxury models, but I told them I have a few sites that will know what the going rate on these would be. So I come to you the experts...

They are looking for a fair market value - since they are selling a few cars and they don't want to have it listing for months - so what price would it move fairly quickly?

Here are a few pics - it has every option that was available in 2005 as well.

If there is anyone looking for one - let me know what you would offer and I can put you in contact with the family as well if it is reasonable. From talking with them a resonable offer will probably take the car... As a point of reference the dealer is offering 140K - they did not think that was fair market (but that is why I am posting this to determine what is fair).

Thanks and any help is appreciated!

Rich Wallace

[email protected]

PA136465_1.JPG

PA136470.JPG

PA136480.JPG

PA136487.JPG

PA136477.JPG

A friend of mine passed away a few weeks ago (he had quite a car collection which most they are keeping).

Would this be the same guy that made the generous donation to The University of Cincinnati?

Guest skokos

the dealer is offering them 140k for it??? Thats ridiculous.im not sure but i would think it would still go for 200+?

the dealer is offering them 140k for it??? Thats ridiculous.im not sure but i would think it would still go for 200+?

MSRP on a 57s is 329k. Eh, I say 250k is a fair price as long as it has been properly maintained.

Would this be the same guy that made the generous donation to The University of Cincinnati?

I believe you to be correct... He had many charitable givings. Sad loss to many of us.

MSRP on a 57s is 329k. Eh, I say 250k is a fair price as long as it has been properly maintained.

I am pretty sure the family would let it go for 195K... If anyone is interested let me know. They offered me the car, but I am just not in the market (nor garage space) - these things are tremendously nice - and tremendously huge (and this isn't even the big one).

The gentleman that passed away took immaculate care of all his cars, planes, homes, etc. (the family also has 2 planes for sale). So no issues at all with the maintenance or care for the car.

Rich