If you could buy only 1 watch and didn't have a budget, what would it be?

pockmark

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any watch? Hmm, just one comes to mind really when you take price out of the equation, the Patek Split Seconds Chrono in Platinum.

post-10159-1195279140_thumb.jpg

Second choice, something I could see myself dropping the cash on, the Patek World Time, also in PT.

post-10159-1195279298_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Easy... The Daytona. Simple, Classic, recognized across the globe, and if the shit ever hits the fan, Rolexes are like carrying an ATM machine on your wrist.

Easy... The Daytona. Simple, Classic, recognized across the globe, and if the shit ever hits the fan, Rolexes are like carrying an ATM machine on your wrist.

Which color combo is sold most of the Daytona's? Or which do you prefer?

Which color combo is sold most of the Daytona's? Or which do you prefer?

I like mine... White face (mother of pearl is nice as well) with the two tone. gold/stainless. I looked at all gold, but considering I wear T-shirts 360 days of the year, it just didnt look right.... The stainless adds a little "youngness"/"Casualness" to it.

My second favorite is the Blue Submariner with the two tone.

Another good pick, though the watch snobs of the board will piss on it. :lol2:

My favorite Daytona is the White Gold version with red accents/black face.

Rolex_Daytona_New_Generation___01.jpg

Another good pick, though the watch snobs of the board will piss on it. :lol2:

My favorite Daytona is the White Gold version with red accents/black face.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

The whole fcuking world has a Daytona.At least if it was a 70's Daytona it would be much more exclusive but the Daytona is way too common for my liking.Nice watch however and it is hard to knock the styling.

The whole fcuking world has a Daytona.At least if it was a 70's Daytona it would be much more exclusive but the Daytona is way too common for my liking.Nice watch however and it is hard to knock the styling.

Thats the point though.... Its nice to know that If Im ever stuck in Angola or any other God Forsaken part of the world, theres a political Coup under way, Ive lost my wallet and all my cash, I dont speak the language, and dont have a friend in site, I can walk into any fcuking pawn shop and the guy behind the counter will instantly recognize its a Rolex Daytona, and instantly becomes my best friend. I can trade that globally recognized watch for a couple of plane tickets out of town, a hot meal and probably a personal valet/bodyguard until Im out of country.... Try that with one of the more "exclusive" watches out there and the guy behind the counter will look at you like "and what the fcuk is this, Mr. American Dog???"

See?

:lol2: :lol2:

But I like your thought big E, interesting take on it being "wearable emergency funds". Only problem is that I would find myself at a pawn shop in VEGAS, not Africa... :D

Thats the point though.... Its nice to know that If Im ever stuck in Angola or any other God Forsaken part of the world, theres a political Coup under way, Ive lost my wallet and all my cash, I dont speak the language, and dont have a friend in site, I can walk into any fcuking pawn shop and the guy behind the counter will instantly recognize its a Rolex Daytona, and instantly becomes my best friend. I can trade that globally recognized watch for a couple of plane tickets out of town, a hot meal and probably a personal valet/bodyguard until Im out of country.... Try that with one of the more "exclusive" watches out there and the guy behind the counter will look at you like "and what the fcuk is this, Mr. American Dog???"

Or they just shoot you and take it...

Or they just shoot you and take it...

:icon_mrgreen:

That was my thought, but I definately get his point.

You can justify just about anything if there is a need to do so but:

What are the odds of you being in Angola or some other dangerous 3rd world country?

Also,when you travel to these places you would be an absolute fool to wear an expensive watch or any kind of jewelry as that would make you a prime candidate to be robbed or killed.Have you not seen the reports of tourists getting their hand chopped off for their watch?

In other words Erik,you sort of have a point but it doesn't wash :icon_mrgreen:

For me, if I could only have one watch, it would be the Audemars Piguet ROO T3. I just bought one about a month ago, and really like it.