If you could buy only 1 watch and didn't have a budget, what would it be?

pockmark

de-grisogono-meccanico-dg.jpg

De Grisogono Meccanico all mechanical digital watch.

I like this a lot. The name on the strap looks a bit heavy but otherwise quite lovely.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

de-grisogono-meccanico-dg.jpg

De Grisogono Meccanico all mechanical digital watch.

I like this a lot. The name on the strap looks a bit heavy but otherwise quite lovely.

i like it :icon_thumleft:

• 2 weeks later...

For those of us who like a little bling …about a a million dollars worth wtach.jpg

GAME OVER…this is for the win! You want original/creative/standout I present to you

cabestan1_1.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Porter,

It looks cheap :lol2:

What is a good fairly "dressy" looking watch for around 5-7K if you allready have a Panerai, Rolex, IWC or Breitling? :eusa_think:

At that price timepieces aren't going to be investment grade, so usually the rule is just get whatever you like. There's always Zenith, Ebel, Bell and Ross, Baume and Mercier, Concorde, etc.

Of the brands you named I enjoy Panerai and IWC. I think the Rolex and even the Breitling thing are played out and they don't do much for me, but to each their own.

Porter,

It looks cheap :lol2:

What is a good fairly "dressy" looking watch for around 5-7K if you allready have a Panerai, Rolex, IWC or Breitling? :eusa_think:

I'd probably take a look at something in

the IWC Portugese series, a Lecoultre reverso, or a simple -straightforward Muller. I own them and they've been simple-elegant and faultless.

At that price timepieces aren't going to be investment grade, so usually the rule is just get whatever you like. There's always Zenith, Ebel, Bell and Ross, Baume and Mercier, Concorde, etc.

Of the brands you named I enjoy Panerai and IWC. I think the Rolex and even the Breitling thing are played out and they don't do much for me, but to each their own.

We feel the same, except for Breitling, some of their watches are great bang for the buck and they can take tear/wear really good, I love my SA :icon_thumleft:

I eyeballed the Hublot Bing bang but it doesn't feel 100%, maybe I should just stop being so damn cheap and just go for the AP ROO I really want :eusa_think: Or maybe the only Rolex worth looking at for the moment, the Yachtmaster II :eusa_dance:

I'd probably take a look at something ing the IWC Portugese series, a Lecoultre reverso, or a simple -straightforward Mueller. I own them and they've been simple-elegant and faultless.

This Mueller you mention is new to me, any pic perhaps?

This Mueller you mention is new to me, any pic perhaps?

Sorry for the spelling error. That's Muller, as in Frank Muller. Not some of the wild whored out models, but the simple Curvex, classic, elegant. Goggle'em up.

Sorry for the spelling error. That's Muller, as in Frank Muller. Not some of the wild whored out models, but the simple Curvex, classic, elegant. Goggle'em up.

Nice stuff! Love all the color options! I prefer a round bezel though :eusa_think:

Nice stuff! Love all the color options! I prefer a round bezel though :eusa_think:

I don't know, there's nothing out there that looks nicer than a classic tank. I probably get more comments on the Muller Cassablanca or the Lecoultre Reverso Sun Moon than any watches I own.

• 2 weeks later...
We feel the same, except for Breitling, some of their watches are great bang for the buck and they can take tear/wear really good, I love my SA :icon_thumleft:

I eyeballed the Hublot Bing bang but it doesn't feel 100%, maybe I should just stop being so damn cheap and just go for the AP ROO I really want :eusa_think: Or maybe the only Rolex worth looking at for the moment, the Yachtmaster II :eusa_dance:

Go for the ROO, you can't go wrong with them!

Thats the point though.... Its nice to know that If Im ever stuck in Angola or any other God Forsaken part of the world, theres a political Coup under way, Ive lost my wallet and all my cash, I dont speak the language, and dont have a friend in site, I can walk into any fcuking pawn shop and the guy behind the counter will instantly recognize its a Rolex Daytona, and instantly becomes my best friend. I can trade that globally recognized watch for a couple of plane tickets out of town, a hot meal and probably a personal valet/bodyguard until Im out of country.... Try that with one of the more "exclusive" watches out there and the guy behind the counter will look at you like "and what the fcuk is this, Mr. American Dog???"

You have a point it could work.... if they don't just shoot you and take the Rolex.

Thats the point though.... Its nice to know that If Im ever stuck in Angola or any other God Forsaken part of the world, theres a political Coup under way, Ive lost my wallet and all my cash, I dont speak the language, and dont have a friend in site, I can walk into any fcuking pawn shop and the guy behind the counter will instantly recognize its a Rolex Daytona, and instantly becomes my best friend. I can trade that globally recognized watch for a couple of plane tickets out of town, a hot meal and probably a personal valet/bodyguard until Im out of country.... Try that with one of the more "exclusive" watches out there and the guy behind the counter will look at you like "and what the fcuk is this, Mr. American Dog???"

I believe you've been watching the movie "The Game" starring Michael Douglas. Great flick, and his 18th birthday present buys him a bus ride across the border. I believe it was a 24k Cartier.

"A man with a watch like that, doesn't necessarily have a passport problem..."

• 1 month later...

In the December issue of Dupont there was a Corum Admiral's Cup Black Flag Limited Edition which looks AWESOME! IMO No idea how expensive it is.

• 3 weeks later...