Things that make you LOL!

RyanRo24

:iamwithstupid:

I like soccer. I love american football though.

I think the reason that it is always compared is soccer is basically a religion to much of the world, and football is pretty close to that for Americans. I would argue that Europe and South America are a little more emotionally attached to soccer than the US is attached to football though as a generalized statement.

Rugby is awesome, I just haven't watched it enough to understand it yet.

Step father played rugby (not pro) but their club toured and played in Europe many years ago. He was a tough SOB and had the multiple broken noses, knee surgeries, and general battle wounds which apparently go hand in hand with the sport.

I play in quite a brutal rugby league in the South.

From the end of sept to now I have cracked three ribs in two incidents, two on the right, one on the left.

Touch wood my nose is ok and ears are not cauliflowered.

My neck, knees and ankles are a mess though.

My football league is between small pub teams in the area and is played on AstroTurf or concrete so when we go down, we go hard!

I have fractured my ankle and broken several toes and fingers in that league

So both are sports that are not as genteel as peole think.

284866522-not_this_shit_again.jpeg

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:thefinger:

Oh really? Please explain cricket (no crickets), bowls (no bowls), boxing (no boxes), Gaelic games (DON'T ANSWER THAT)...

However I always chuckle when Americans get all snotty over "soccer" saying it is boring etc.

Yeah, the rest of the world, Europe, South America, Asia they must all be wrong despite it being nigh on religion in those places.

Well we love baseball, that is pretty slow. As for international football, it is pretty dull, we have short attention spans and there is always something better on TV with some form of resolution in the plotline. Sitting around for hours for a tie is not in our interest. There are not tons of people in California wearing ManU jerseys, but around the world, loads of people wearing a Yankees cap, or a Bulls jersey.

Man...the 80's called they want their shorts back.

We gotta change the rules on the board - No politics, no religion, no "my sport is better than yours".

Besides, Kabaddi is the best sport anyway.

Besides, Kabaddi is the best sport anyway.

Waseem is my favorite Kabaddi player ever.

I know Atif and Waqsood get all the praise but they are individual players. Waseem is awesome at running forward into a pack of the other players and then running backwards.

And he can hold hands with his teammates in the defensive zone with the best of them.

I think he's in a contract year but he should get a no trade clause for sure.

I know Atif and Waqsood get all the praise but they are individual players. Waseem is awesome at running forward into a pack of the other players and then running backwards.

And he can hold hands with his teammates in the defensive zone with the best of them.

ROFLMAO

My company is in talks with him to be a male short shorts model already. Don't even think of stealing my idea.

Man you are talking shit, Waseem's low defensive scores speak for themselves here, no interception on the last two seasons mean that he is not full alround team player.

His agent has been angling for a big money move away to Bengal tiger Rovers for the last 8 months or so and the fans are sick of his arrogance.

Patel, now he is a fuckin' playa.

Man you are talking shit, Waseem's low defensive scores speak for themselves here, no interception on the last two seasons mean that he is not full alround team player.

His agent has been angling for a big money move away to Bengal tiger Rovers for the last 8 months or so and the fans are sick of his arrogance.

Patel, now he is a fuckin' playa.

See, that's just typical of most people that look only at stats and assume they tell the whole story.

Waseem's stats are down a bit from previous years but he did only just come back from the severe inner thigh chafing injury he had. That being said, he is still the most aggressive in the offensive end tiring out the D, which allows his teammates to hug the defenders around their waists and get the points.

Last time I watched Pakistan and Iran on Pay Per View, the Iran coach said they had to devise a game plan to try and take Waseem out of his rhythm. Good luck with that....

Oh, and outsiders may call it arrogance. His teammates call it confidence.

Oh really? Please explain cricket (no crickets), bowls (no bowls), boxing (no boxes), Gaelic games (DON'T ANSWER THAT)...

Well we love baseball, that is pretty slow. As for international football, it is pretty dull, we have short attention spans and there is always something better on TV with some form of resolution in the plotline. Sitting around for hours for a tie is not in our interest. There are not tons of people in California wearing ManU jerseys, but around the world, loads of people wearing a Yankees cap, or a Bulls jersey.

I hate the american/international football rivalry....it's stupid. Nice that a few of us enjoy both. I prefer american football more but I'm sure if I was brought up in Brazil it would be totally different.

Can't understand the hate for soccer when hockey produces similar scores...

One thing I've noticed in watching soccer that helps is to watch it on either spanish stations or with a spanish radio broadcast playing (or Italian, Brazilian, etc). The excitement of a 2 1/2 hour horse race, and it doesn't matter if you understand what it is being said. :icon_super:

Rugby is the ish.......really want to get into watching that more. It would be cool if there was an exhibition rugby match featuring NFL players with established rugby players, and likewise a football game with rugby all stars thrown in the mix.

Soccer has been a tough sell for Americans but Rugby should not be as bad esp. if you put it during the NFL offseason.

"Kabaddi" would fit on a vanity license plate, unfortunately I might get singled out by homeland security as a terror suspect.

I hate the american/international football rivalry....it's stupid. Nice that a few of us enjoy both. I prefer american football more but I'm sure if I was brought up in Brazil it would be totally different.

Can't understand the hate for soccer when hockey produces similar scores...

One thing I've noticed in watching soccer that helps is to watch it on either spanish stations or with a spanish radio broadcast playing (or Italian, Brazilian, etc). The excitement of a 2 1/2 hour horse race, and it doesn't matter if you understand what it is being said. :icon_super:

Rugby is the ish.......really want to get into watching that more. It would be cool if there was an exhibition rugby match featuring NFL players with established rugby players, and likewise a football game with rugby all stars thrown in the mix.

Soccer has been a tough sell for Americans but Rugby should not be as bad esp. if you put it during the NFL offseason.

Did you really just compare soccer to hockey? have you ever seen hockey?

Also all these posts about soccer, football hockey rugby and Kabaddi really need to be moved to another thread :)

See, that's just typical of most people that look only at stats and assume they tell the whole story.

Waseem's stats are down a bit from previous years but he did only just come back from the severe inner thigh chafing injury he had. That being said, he is still the most aggressive in the offensive end tiring out the D, which allows his teammates to hug the defenders around their waists and get the points.

Last time I watched Pakistan and Iran on Pay Per View, the Iran coach said they had to devise a game plan to try and take Waseem out of his rhythm. Good luck with that....

WTF? are you guys serious is that a real sport? LOL ..it looks like something you would see in a south beach club..

looks like something you would see in a south beach club..

:eusa_naughty:

Only if you are going to the wrong club. :lol2:

Dude, you are showing your ignorance here because Waseem is fed a deep dick sandwich in and around the centre of the field whenever Mustaffah and Ikram play.

Their link up play proves a more cohesive flowing game which just obliterates Waseem. In fact did you see their play last week? Mustaffah and Ikram had Mustel and Vaachaspati shaped pockets because that was where those mofos were for most of the night.

Then when they turn into attack then it is poetry in motion.