Things that make you LOL!

RyanRo24

RX-7's can be very reliable, they just need a bit more attention than piston engined cars.

LOL! Good one!

That's like saying "that girl can be nice, when she's not a bitch". RX7's are unreliable POS's. I had 3 of them. They are always breaking, always need something and even when you treat them right, they don't last long. Ask anyone who owned one for a long period, ask anyone who works on them for a living - they are the most unreliable bigged POS of sports cars.

But they also have their following who will make any excuse for them - protecting them from criticism. You are that guy :)

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL! Good one!

That's like saying "that girl can be nice, when she's not a bitch". RX7's are unreliable POS's. I had 3 of them. They are always breaking, always need something and even when you treat them right, they don't last long. Ask anyone who owned one for a long period, ask anyone who works on them for a living - they are the most unreliable bigged POS of sports cars.

But they also have their following who will make any excuse for them - protecting them from criticism. You are that guy :)

There's 3 things I care about, my health, my financial status, and my social circle (including my family), defending a car from criticism isn't on that list, I was just making an observation based on facts.

Rotary technology didn't have the technical support in the US as it did in Japan, so when the slightest thing went wrong with an FD (like the pooping off of a vacuum hose), US techs would call in for a NEW MOTOR. This cost Mazda too much money and hence, the discontinued importation of the FD into the US. That's why the car got a bad rep for reliability, not because the engine had a tendency to simply BLOW UP for no reason.

These cars can be VERY reliable if they are tended to by someone who knows what they're doing, saying that they are pieces of shit, is like saying that the Supra's motor is unreliable when you push 100 psi of boost through the engine and it blows up.

There are two sides to every story my friend. :icon_thumleft:

I bought my RX7 new in 93 and left it stock. For the year that I owned it, it was at the dealer for over 40 days.

I might have just had a lemon. The RX7 was the most unreliable car I have ever had.

Too bad, because at the time i thought they were great looking and pretty quick. I still think they look good.

I have an, and FD its pretty reliable so far. Only thing that kills me is gas!

Alot of people do have bad experiences with rotary cars, especially twin turbo, but its all about maintenance. They do last a long time, if you take care of it. It is a POS in the fact that its very expensive to fix if one of your seals go.

Isnt Megan Fox the chick from Transformers??? (the one in that FHM clip that someone posted)? My GOD that girl was smokin. :icon_pray: Thats gotta SUCK for her new BF having her talk about previous experiences with her Ex-BF in a national mens magazine. "This is going to suck for Brian but..." :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Even considering that is still one LUCKY guy though! :icon_mrgreen: