Used Bentley Gt's

Allan-Herbie

I think you can pick up 04's for 90-95K.

Lowest ones I can find are in the area of $115-120k, with 25-40k miles. I think even $100k is a bit lower than what you could get one for. Unless its private party and you get really lucky.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's with all the complaining that I always read on the fuel economy of the GT? I don't hear anyone complaining about how many times they have to fill up their Lambo, Phantom or fancy SUV?

There is a certain element of novelty attached to fueling up an exotic. I thought it was pretty fun when I had to fuel up the Murcielago and since it wasn't used daily, it wasn't problematic.

With the CGT, as a daily it becomes irritating to be pumping every 3 days. Then again, as Aram noted, the easy solution could be to just go a bit easier on the throttle and watch the heavy foot.

What does your diablo get? After seeing the way you drive it around on the indy runs it cant be that great!

I have no clue :lol2:

my friend told me he got like 6mpg when I let him drive it, and he drives like a granny!!! shifting at 2-3k rpm!!

I think he was exagerating a bit :P

• 2 weeks later...
Lowest ones I can find are in the area of $115-120k, with 25-40k miles. I think even $100k is a bit lower than what you could get one for. Unless its private party and you get really lucky.

Same thing I've seen too. I'm looking at getting one too. I like silver. I guess I could offer 100 on an 04/05 and see :)

Hi, does anyone know what differences are between the US and EU specs Bentley GT?

They are far cheaper in the US than in Europe so I thought I might import one from the US, but guys from service shop discouraged me from doing that. They said that it wasn't possible to convert the electronics to the EU specs so NAVI wouldn't work and there would be other issues too. I already have a US version of Cayenne and its just fine, no problem, so I am tempted to try it with the Bentley as well.... Do you know anything about it?

Hi, does anyone know what differences are between the US and EU specs Bentley GT?

They are far cheaper in the US than in Europe so I thought I might import one from the US, but guys from service shop discouraged me from doing that. They said that it wasn't possible to convert the electronics to the EU specs so NAVI wouldn't work and there would be other issues too. I already have a US version of Cayenne and its just fine, no problem, so I am tempted to try it with the Bentley as well.... Do you know anything about it?

the guys at your service shop are dickheads....

you will not have any problem to convert a USA spec Benltely GT to a a Euro spec...

my English sucks as well to talk about this techical part of the subject :eusa_wall: ,but believe me is as easy as the Cayenne...

i'm shure someone will chime in...

I would never buy a Bentley GT. It must be the most common car here in Palm Beach. I see at least 10+ every day.

the guys at your service shop are dickheads....

you will not have any problem to convert a USA spec Benltely GT to a a Euro spec...

my English sucks as well to talk about this techical part of the subject :eusa_wall: ,but believe me is as easy as the Cayenne...

i'm shure someone will chime in...

"you will not have any problem to convert a USA spec Benltely GT to a a Euro spec..." ------- THANKS, I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT, THAT WOULD BE A GOOD NEWS FOR ME :rolleyes:

I would never buy a Bentley GT. They must be the most common car here in Palm Beach. I see at least 10+ every day.

Well, Prague is not Palm Beach, they are still quite rare here :eusa_dance:

"you will not have any problem to convert a USA spec Benltely GT to a a Euro spec..." ------- THANKS, I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT, THAT WOULD BE A GOOD NEWS FOR ME :rolleyes:

ANY MORE IDEAS? It's quite important to me... :rolleyes:

ANY MORE IDEAS? It's quite important to me... :rolleyes:

user Cowchaser just purchased a USA 6.0Diablo and is registering it in the Netherlands...

maybe he can help?

Don't listen to these stupid dealers stories....

Of course you can register and drive the US spec car in Europe...

Only thing that might have to be changed are the lights. Side turnsignals are important since they have to be visible from the rear of the car.

......stupid me..... just realized the GT has the turnsignals in the mirrors.... So even no need to change those !!!

Hello Earth.... GPS is a GLOBAL navigation system..... so why are these guys telling you it can't work in Europe... ALL navigation systems in Europe use GPS.... Just swap out the CD/DVD or reload the software. That's all it takes.

So again, don't listen to the crap they tell you. You can register allmost EVERY car in Europe as long as you follow some basic guidelines.

BTW I'm also tempted to go for an USA Bentley GT as my daily driver...... this US$ exchange rate is also still working in our favour... ;)

this US$ exchange rate is also still working in our favour... ;)

no doubt...i am looking for a 98/99 Hummer H1 to import....I may even go for a week in the end of February to the States just too look around for the right one...

the price differences in some models are enormous...

no doubt...i am looking for a 98/99 Hummer H1 to import....I may even go for a week in the end of February to the States just too look around for the right one...

the price differences in some models are enormous...

Hey... that's also on my wish-list... only my plan is to wait until the '06 Duramax prices start to drop...

If you go there please keep an eye open for me...

Don't listen to these stupid dealers stories....

Of course you can register and drive the US spec car in Europe...

Only thing that might have to be changed are the lights. Side turnsignals are important since they have to be visible from the rear of the car.

......stupid me..... just realized the GT has the turnsignals in the mirrors.... So even no need to change those !!!

Hello Earth.... GPS is a GLOBAL navigation system..... so why are these guys telling you it can't work in Europe... ALL navigation systems in Europe use GPS.... Just swap out the CD/DVD or reload the software. That's all it takes.

So again, don't listen to the crap they tell you. You can register allmost EVERY car in Europe as long as you follow some basic guidelines.

BTW I'm also tempted to go for an USA Bentley GT as my daily driver...... this US$ exchange rate is also still working in our favour... ;)

Cowchaser, thank you, it's good to hear that :rolleyes:

I think I didn't explain the point why the service guy discouraged me from the US Bentleys CGT - it was mainly because of problems with resell. I usually keep cars for about 2 years and then I want to change them. His point was that I would have a hard time to sell a used US CGT in Europe, mainly because of some differences in electronics. The guy I spoke with wasn't from Bentley dealership, he was from an independent service shop so I don't suspect him from telling me dealers' bullshit - in case he was wrong he rather might have not enough experience with CGT. Anyway, I hope he wasn't right!

No emission problems?

No, emissions shouldn't be a problem. Generally, they warned me that it's not an issue to get the car street legal, but resell and possibly service could be the weak points.

No, emissions shouldn't be a problem. Generally, they warned me that it's not an issue to get the car street legal, but resell and possibly service could be the weak points.

As for emissions... looking at the refusal by the US gov. to sign any anti-polution treaty you wouldn't suspect it, but the emission regulations in the States are even stricter than those in Europe.... f.e. the US spec Diablo 6.0 has a double cat system while in Europe single is sufficient....

Street legal... no problem... many differences in electronics.... probably just some different wiring for the lights...

Resell will not be a big issue IMHO.... When you look at mobile.de already a lot of cars on offer are USA cars....

Anyway, why worry ? If the US$ keeps dropping in 2 years from now you'll be able to buy a US-Phantom for 50K euros :D :D

That's a T not a GT...

My mistake, I just reread the earlier part of the conversation (between Allan and Jerry on page 2), I had thought someone was looking for an 04 Arnage T. :)

• 3 weeks later...