Just bought a 1300hp Supra

VegasSE

Congratz! Drive safe now Todd! Sideways at 150 km/h is not as much fun as it is scary :icon_mrgreen:

I've driven some fast ones before, but not THIS fast. :lol: Looking forward to it!!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats, that's one VERY nice ride! Always been a huge fan of the Supra's.

Thanks. I've always loved them. I know they carry the "ricer" tag and all, but I really do like the car and they make HUGE power. I also really like the EVO for a fun little track car. Any Mustang NOT a vintage Boss or Fastback are the only car I really LOATHE. :P

Let me also offer congrats for picking up one of the most revered cars in enthusiast history.

I sold my old Lexus SC300 a few months ago. I mention it because they share engine blocks....the famed 2JZ. Many times I wished I had the Supra instead. Enjoy the heck out of it!

Let me also offer congrats for picking up one of the most revered cars in enthusiast history.

I sold my old Lexus SC300 a few months ago. I mention it because they share engine blocks....the famed 2JZ. Many times I wished I had the Supra instead. Enjoy the heck out of it!

I certainly intend to. :D I actually fly to Chicago to finalize everything on Thursday, get the Pro ECU installed, have a couple of minor tweaks, then off to Vegas. Hopefully it will be here in around 2 weeks or so. It should beat my TT Gallardo home by about 2 weeks. :)

It should beat my TT Gallardo home by about 2 weeks. :)

:eusa_think:

I have been searching for the right analogy....OK, got it! Picking up the Supra, immediately before the TT Gallardo is like rubbing out a quickie 10 minutes before you do the hottest chick in your life! Get some help Todd!! :icon_mrgreen:

:eusa_think:

I have been searching for the right analogy....OK, got it! Picking up the Supra, immediately before the TT Gallardo is like rubbing out a quickie 10 minutes before you do the hottest chick in your life! Get some help Todd!! :icon_mrgreen:

:lol: Hey man, I've always loved the Supra. Like I said before, I almost bought one new in 95 and have almost bought one more than a handful of times since then. It's just one of those cars that I've really always wanted, so I decided what the heck. To be honest, the Gallardo is like finding the hottest chick on earth, that never talks back, doesn't blow money on nothing, and is an animal behind closed doors. It just doesn't get any better. :lol: The Supra is like finally nailing that ridiculously unattainable girl from high school that was two grades above, that you haven't stopped thinking about since......She may have a few more miles on her now than she did then, but the ride is going to be much more wild, and oh so satisfying. :lol: :P

the anticipation of those cars coming must be killing you. I'm coming through Vegas at the end of jan, maybe ill see you do a flyby.

the anticipation of those cars coming must be killing you. I'm coming through Vegas at the end of jan, maybe ill see you do a flyby.

It's absolutely killing me. :lol: I am having some work done on the Supra when it's still in IL by Sound Performance, so it may actually take about 3 weeks to get the Supra. They may actually arrive within a week of one another. The only choice is going to be which one to take out. :P Not a bad problem to have I suppose. I MAY have the Supra by the end of the month, but I should certainly have BOTH cars here by mid Feb.

:lol: Hey man, I've always loved the Supra. Like I said before, I almost bought one new in 95 and have almost bought one more than a handful of times since then. It's just one of those cars that I've really always wanted, so I decided what the heck. To be honest, the Gallardo is like finding the hottest chick on earth, that never talks back, doesn't blow money on nothing, and is an animal behind closed doors. It just doesn't get any better. :lol: The Supra is like finally nailing that ridiculously unattainable girl from high school that was two grades above, that you haven't stopped thinking about since......She may have a few more miles on her now than she did then, but the ride is going to be much more wild, and oh so satisfying. :lol: :P

See it as the girl that got experience!!! :)

Congrats. The most powerful Supra I've rode in had about 800 rwhp in its street setting, with a 3.4L HKS stroker. Ken Henderson's car, back in 2004 SILV. It was an amazing experience, especially with such a cool guy. I love Supras, always have, always will. A really good family friend owns a pristine SP63, 264 cams, AEM-equipped 94 6 speed. It's pushing roughly 550 rwhp in street form and it's a blast to drive. You just have to be careful with the back end when boost ramps up in the first 3 gears.

-Olivier

I almost died when i saw how big the Turbos are OMG

:lol: I'm actually in Chicago picking the car up today and taking it to Sound Performance for some more mods. I'll post full pics when the car is done. About 2 weeks.

Here is the list of mods to the car. It should be complete and in Vegas by months end. Obviously much of this was already DONE when I bought it. :D

Custom Sound Performance 3.2L stroker

CP Pistons (custom)

Pauter Rods (upgraded carr bolts) (custom rods)

Clevite bearings

ARP main studs

Program Billet mains

Line honed block

Stock bore size

Fully polished and ported head (clearance for BIG cams)

+1mm Crower valves

Ferrea dual spring/retainers

L19 Head studs

BIG custom Crane cams

Unorthodox Cam gears

Unorthodox Pulleys

BoostLogic crank pulley

BoostLogic Billet tension

SP Racing Intake Manifold

Wilson 105mm Throttlebody with Wiggins Clamp

Custom 4” intake piping (Wiggins)

SP racing turbo header T6

Tial 44mm wastegate

GT47-80mm turbo (polished and coated) T6

Custom SP (chromed) 6” cold air intake

Custom cnc’d water neck (to fit large frame turbo)

Custom 5” SP downpipe (recirculated)

HKS racing bov

Fluidyne Supra TT radiator

RPS Carbon/Carbon clutch

Custom 1pc steel driveshaft (cnc’d ends)

SP modded Toyota Oil pump (new)

Toyota waterpump (new)

Toyota P/S pump (new)

Toyota Timing belt (new)

Polished Valve cover

Upper radiator hard pipe

Upper Radiator Colling Plate

Upper Radiator Show Plate

3 Intank Fuel Pumps.

Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator

1600cc Injectors

SP fuel rail (dual feed)

Custom AN Fuel Lines

TRD LSD

TRD Sway bars

Cusco carbon rear strut bar

Tein Flex coilovers

Tein EDFC controller

TRD motor mounts

HKS DLI

Blitz turbo timer

AEM EMS with 5 bar map sensor

AEM Tru Boost Controller

AEM Serial Gauge

FJO Wideband gauge custom mounted

TRD 10K Tach

TRD Steering Wheel

Trunk relocated battery

RMM front lip

Bomex side skirts

Pro EFI

TTC Performance Pedals

Sound Performance Intercooler

Sound Performance CNC Drive Shaft

HRE 597R 18X10 (275) front

HRE 507R 18X11 (315) rear

Clear Front Signal Markers

Smoked Side Markers

C-West Taillight Blackouts

Seibon Carbon Fiber Eyelids

MVP Coated Aluminum Shift Knob

Tinted Windows

New Carpet 33,000 miles

Brembo 14 inch front brakes

Painting the Calipers in Lamborghini Verde

Car makes 997rwhp and has only 32,600 original miles!!

Gotta love the sound of a stroked, cammed and light clutch assembly-equipped MKIV. :)

-Olivier

Gotta love the sound of a stroked, cammed and light clutch assembly-equipped MKIV. :)

-Olivier

It idles rough in that vid, but the new Pro EFI is going to fix that and make the idle more stable.

It idles rough in that vid, but the new Pro EFI is going to fix that and make the idle more stable.

Saw your post on Supraforums....Please post some pics over there :) Oh of the Supra too :icon_mrgreen:

Saw your post on Supraforums....Please post some pics over there :) Oh of the Supra too :icon_mrgreen:

:lol: I will post pics once the car gets back. It's at Sound Performance in IL at the moment. I should have it by month's end. The car is a beast. Now it's going to LOOK like I want it to and perform even BETTER than it did when it put down 1000 at the wheels. I will CERTAINLY take pictures of the car, and of course the TT Gallardo as well, which I should have by the 2nd to 3rd week of Feb.

The AEM unit is quite hard to get the perfect drivability, idle, etc. The power part is easy; it's the rest that takes a lot of time and effort. Then you change elevation, temperature, humidity and it never runs 100% again...

I hope for you the Pro EFI will solve those issues. You certainly got yourself quite the package.

-Olivier

The AEM unit is quite hard to get the perfect drivability, idle, etc. The power part is easy; it's the rest that takes a lot of time and effort. Then you change elevation, temperature, humidity and it never runs 100% again...

I hope for you the Pro EFI will solve those issues. You certainly got yourself quite the package.

-Olivier

That's precisely what the Pro EFI is supposed to fix. Fingers crossed.