Flat Black Ferrari 559 GTB

NRG x Lambo

I am really liking all these Matte black car pictures lately. How expensive of a paintjob is this in general compared to a standard color?

I am really liking all these Matte black car pictures lately. How expensive of a paintjob is this in general compared to a standard color?

the Matte black looks like it shows the lines in the car better.

Whats the care for the paint like?

Looks good, it butches up what is a very effeminate design otherwise.

I see 599s pretty regularly down here, about once a week, and each time I'm shocked by how large they are. Tall, big, just...large.

I miss the days of the lower, smaller, less practical designs.

painting a car in matte black technically doesn't cost ANYTHING more than normal paint. most of the matte finish is achieved in the clear coat itself. there's obviously a HIGH-GLOSS clear coat we're all used to, but there's satin/egg shell textured clear coat, which when dried, has this matte look to it. again, some people ghetto it, and just spray a matte paint, and leave it as that, but that leaves the paint vulnerable to weather damage, UV damage, and you also get a lot of finger prints, and smudges from oil sweaty hands or just grease from everyday driving on roads....

the matte clear coat allows you to wipe/clean car just as normal as you would a full-gloss car, minus the fact you're less likely to get SWIRL marks... :icon_thumleft:

I'm going to take a guess here and say that it shouldn't cost much different from a standard color because most of the price in paint jobs is labor.

think they paste some sticker over the whole car

IMG_1747.jpg

either they opted for a REAL cheap quick paintjob and skipped inside the engine bay, door jams, etc... or yes, you're RIGHT, they may have just done the quick/temporary vinyl wrap solution.... WHICH LOTS OF PEOPLE are doing now.

• 3 weeks later...
It looks ok but i believe 599 looks best in white

:iamwithstupid: I just saw one at super car weekend and the car looks insane in all white...

• 4 weeks later...
I see 599s pretty regularly down here, about once a week, and each time I'm shocked by how large they are. Tall, big, just...large.

It looks ok but i believe 599 looks best in white

:iamwithstupid: white looks great!

dsc000702copysi9cx8ew7.jpg

51557352xh5qn9.jpg