"Baby Rolls" sedan still on schedule for 2010

Mako

"To call Rolls-Royce a small automaker would be an understatement as big as their cars are. Its model line-up, recently expanded to include the Drophead Coupe, consists solely of two derivatives of the Phantom. For the first time in the company's history, production in 2007 capped the 1,000 mark. So when Rolls-Royce confirms a new model, it's a big deal."

"Earlier this week at the Detroit show, Rolls-Royce chief Ian Robertson confirmed that the anticipated "baby Rolls" is slated for unveiling in 2010. Code-named RR4, Robertson also announced that the car would receive a brand new engine, presumably because the Phantom's 450-hp V12 doesn't fit. The car is expected to be based on the BMW 7-Series, slotting in between the Bavarian sedan and the Phantom limo."

"While he was at it, Robertson also confirmed that the fixed-roof Phantom coupe previewed by the 101EX concept would begin delivery by this coming summer."

No doubt it will be a big success. It will however dilute the brand a bit like Bentley did with the Flying Spur. Who wouldn't want the rolls over an S65 or Flying spur if it were close to the same money. I would bet with options the baby rolls will be in the high 2's, not near 200k.

No doubt it will be a big success. It will however dilute the brand a bit like Bentley did with the Flying Spur. Who wouldn't want the rolls over an S65 or Flying spur if it were close to the same money. I would bet with options the baby rolls will be in the high 2's, not near 200k.

high 200s?? arent the Phantoms starting around 350k??

and after like 2-3 years they're going for 200ish

Im guessing like 250ish

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!! I hope the Baby Rolls never makes it to production...

I completely agree. All rolls royce is doing is ruining there brand. You made a record breaking 1000 phantoms this year? OK good. Keep production that low though. I would hate to see rolls royce do to themselves what Bentley did with the CGT( I still love the car though). Rolls Royce is the epitome of luxury and exculsivity and the addition of the "baby rolls" will only tarnish that image. And why do they need 4 models in their lineup? They have the phantom, phantom drophead coupe, and the soon to do be phantom coupe, why do they need more??

Just my 2 cent though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Looks like a cross between a Cadillac and an A8.

The grill seems too small for a Rolls, maybe it's small because it signifies the 'baby' rolls?

looks like a glorified BMW

It has nothing in common with any BMW in design at least. In which way does it seem to you a glorified BMW?

The car rocks!

Hope RR keeps exclusivity under control!

Exclusivity today is a more "elastic" term, than it was lets say 15 years ago.

It has nothing in common with any BMW in design at least. In which way does it seem to you a glorified BMW?

The car rocks!

:iamwithstupid:

Looks cool!

• 4 weeks later...