Car and Driver 0-200-0 Video

Mr. Vroom

What did MR Vrooms car hit the mile at? Time/Speed... What Hp were you at that time mr Vroom? 750? i wonder how much faster the G Sl would hit that point, and I wonder if my 04's Gearing will allow the car to run faster...

Hope to have the Yellow GT back in 6 weeks with at least a 50% increase in power!!!

HOLY $HIT! WTF?!

What did MR Vrooms car hit the mile at? Time/Speed... What Hp were you at that time mr Vroom? 750? i wonder how much faster the G Sl would hit that point, and I wonder if my 04's Gearing will allow the car to run faster...

25.3 seconds and power was around 710/720 on Heffner's dyno which reads way low. Car and Driver dynoed my car on a Mustang which indicated 750hp. No G or SL will run 200 mph due to gearing.... but if you changed the tires and increased the rev limiter, a TTG on race gas should hit 200mph in around 20 seconds flat.

25.3 seconds and power was around 710/720 on Heffner's dyno which reads way low. Car and Driver dynoed my car on a Mustang which indicated 750hp. No G or SL will run 200 mph due to gearing.... but if you changed the tires and increased the rev limiter, a TTG on race gas should hit 200mph in around 20 seconds flat.

How do you know an Early car wont hit 200? the gears according to what i read are quite abit longer than the late car.

How do you know an Early car wont hit 200? the gears according to what i read are quite abit longer than the late car.

I heard longer in the lower gears, but both have the same top end.

I heard longer in the lower gears, but both have the same top end.

There was an article we had posted here somewhere which showed all gears as being different.. im not sure where it is.

The Veyron in the test ran in 'top speed' mode from the off.....in 'handling mode', more than safe for 200, it can run in the 19s according to the factory.

despite this it remains the king overall....as 0-60 /0-100/0-150...and especially in braking, nothing can touch it, which for something you can easily take your kids to school in every day, and put 100's of thousands of miles on the clock in, sums up it's worth imo. However much other cars are modded for straight line speed, they will still be a long long way off a Veyron. Considering the price, they should be!

The Veyron in the test ran in 'top speed' mode from the off.....in 'handling mode', more than safe for 200, it can run in the 19s according to the factory.

despite this it remains the king overall....as 0-60 /0-100/0-150...and especially in braking, nothing can touch it, which for something you can easily take your kids to school in every day, and put 100's of thousands of miles on the clock in, sums up it's worth imo. However much other cars are modded for straight line speed, they will still be a long long way off a Veyron. Considering the price, they should be!

I agree, in a stoplight to stoplight drag the Veyron will be very hard to beat, no matter what you are in. From a roll though, on race gas............... I do agree, the Veyron is awesome and even if something is faster, its still NOT a Veyron. Its sort of like Corvette guys making fun of lambo guys for a Plastic mess-06 being faster, int he end, we go home in a lambo. But having a Lambo that is as fast or faster than a Veyron will be incredible.

But having a Lambo that is as fast or faster than a Veyron will be incredible.

It is!!! Recently I saw a few Veyrons for the first time. I was underwhelmed by the styling, interior and the footprint of the car. I thought it would have more presence, but it can't be much longer than a G, maybe a little wider. The LP640 has way better lines.

It is!!! Recently I saw a few Veyrons for the first time. I was underwhelmed by the styling, interior and the footprint of the car. I thought it would have more presence, but it can't be much longer than a G, maybe a little wider. The LP640 has way better lines.

See, I disagree, the Veyron with the wing up is hell on wheels. But I wonder on this.... at this point, NOT having 1.8 mill to buy one, after having the G TT for awhile and lets say you do run into the money, would the G spoil you soo much that you would feel underwelmed and no longer want to part with that kind of money.

I'm with Allan, it's a very classy design. Thats the point. In response to your comments Allan, I was with a certain someone a month ago, who has driven and owned pretty much everything, lm cars, F1, touring, 900hp f40's, the list goes on. He simply said after a few weeks in the Veyron, he couldnt fathom; a.) a replacement within his lifetime and b.) how to define it. it was his opinion, that nothing in the real world is faster. The level of power to the ground ground driving in all condtions, road surfaces, weather etc.....WITHOUT the slighest fuss, was mind boggling. He claimed it to be more refined than an S class on the road surfaces, easier to put round corners than any racer, and the instant NO FUSS silly power delivery beggars belief. Spend a week with one, it speaks for itself apparantly. Whilst (which I quite like) the ttG et al probably feel like they are about to explode and tear up the horizon under full chaff, the guy in the Veyron is setting the climate control and seat massage, and he is probably right beside or in front of you. Quite a feat, no?

See, I disagree, the Veyron with the wing up is hell on wheels. But I wonder on this.... at this point, NOT having 1.8 mill to buy one, after having the G TT for awhile and lets say you do run into the money, would the G spoil you soo much that you would feel underwelmed and no longer want to part with that kind of money.

Considering your love affair with the SLR, the Veyron is a logical progression. I have not driven either, but from the in car vids I have seen, a TTG is more like an Enzo/FXX than a Veyron. It is a pure seat of the pants/visceral, in your gut driving experience w/o a lot of gizmos doing the work for you.

A Veyron might be a good investment opp, but you can drive the piss out of a TTG any day of the week. And yes, it will cure any need for speed you might have, now or later! :icon_thumleft:

I'm with Allan, it's a very classy design. Thats the point. In response to your comments Allan, I was with a certain someone a month ago, who has driven and owned pretty much everything, lm cars, F1, touring, 900hp f40's, the list goes on. He simply said after a few weeks in the Veyron, he couldnt fathom; a.) a replacement within his lifetime and b.) how to define it. it was his opinion, that nothing in the real world is faster. The level of power to the ground ground driving in all condtions, road surfaces, weather etc.....WITHOUT the slighest fuss, was mind boggling. He claimed it to be more refined than an S class on the road surfaces, easier to put round corners than any racer, and the instant NO FUSS silly power delivery beggars belief. Spend a week with one, it speaks for itself apparantly. Whilst (which I quite like) the ttG et al probably feel like they are about to explode and tear up the horizon under full chaff, the guy in the Veyron is setting the climate control and seat massage, and he is probably right beside or in front of you. Quite a feat, no?

I dont need to spend a week in one, I spent and hour in one. It was mind boggling... It puts the power to the ground unbelievably. Remembering that day, makes more excited knowing that Aichellis's car has recorded rollon times from say 60mph to 130mph roughly 1/2 second faster than the Veyron with no drama. That why I love the TT G concept, becuase it should put the power to the ground without much drama, unlike say a Ford GT TT, or Viper TT.