Countach resto update

johnmh

Just an update, most everything is stripped out of the car except for doors, some wiring and glass, I have found a good paint shop which has done a few Countachs which will strip the old paint and bring it back up to acceptable standards. They suggested that I leave the doors on for measurement purposes.

While running parts (suspension, brakes, oil, coolant, a/c and fuel lines) will be the next task while the car is in the shop), I am investigating the inevitable drivetrain rebuild. Some rust has attached the mechanism inside the driver's side door (bad seals + too many car washes). So more pics of the damage may come once the body shop takes the doors off.

If you ever get the chance to restore one, I highly reccomend the experience. Very rewarding so far. Now if only I could get the last of the grease out from underneath my fingernails.

Picture_009.jpg

Picture_010.jpg

Picture_011.jpg

Picture_015.jpg

Very Cool !!!

Keep the pics and updates coming!!

Good luck with the project :icon_thumleft:

love the photo documentation of these restorations! keep up the amazing and rewarding work!

God's work.

• 7 years later...
That guy on newly weds Adonis keeps talking about him getting his lambo back from the Feds, however the Lamborghini is a fake SMH. Anyone else catch the fake? Goes to show how shitty bravo and reality tv is now days

Is there an update to this thread?

My black LP400S has been shipped from Dubai to Toronto and now lives there.

My LP5000S project has stalled. Over the last few years I bought (or had made) virtually every part I need to restore it, had the instruments restored, he the paint stripped to alloy and the body checked for straightness. The engine was disassembled, measured and cleaned. The block cleaned with dry ice media blasting, the heads shipped overseas to have their porosity welded, the valve seats and guides replaced.

No skills exist here in Dubai to do the machining work, paint or trim the interior properly so I am in the process of crating everything and shipping it all to Orazio Salvioli's shop this spring.