08 Viper[bonestock] vs 07 Z06[487whp]

Snakebitten

Plastic mess-06 has a Hurst Shifter, the mild to wild exhaust switch, LG Headers and Tune, and dyno'd around 487 whp and a 230lb passenger filming. Viper bonestock 08 no passenger.

awsome!

a 483 hp Plastic mess-06 beat a stock SLR in the Mboard's gathering in 2007. I wonder what would happen between an 08 Viper and a stock SLR or CGT.

awsome!

a 483 hp Plastic mess-06 beat a stock SLR in the Mboard's gathering in 2007. I wonder what would happen between an 08 Viper and a stock SLR or CGT.

only way a 483hp Plastic mess-06 will beat an slr is the slr driver is sleeping. no shot otherwise. I raced a 550rwhp one, rob raced a 630hp one, and there is a thread with a LPE 616 zo6 and they all lost.

only way a 483hp Plastic mess-06 will beat an slr is the slr driver is sleeping. no shot otherwise. I raced a 550rwhp one, rob raced a 630hp one, and there is a thread with a LPE 616 zo6 and they all lost.

Not buying that 483hp one either. But the others you mentioned, what speeds did you race to? Were you stock on the 550whp Plastic mess-06 run?

Not buying that 483hp one either. But the others you mentioned, what speeds did you race to? Were you stock on the 550whp Plastic mess-06 run?

it was at the 1 mile challange in vegas. I was bone stock . also ran 1/2 mile against two stock zo6's. in the 1/2 mile they were running 145/146 to my 153/155. in the mile they barely broke 160. in the mile the 550rwhp z ran 173 to my 179 and I got kicked out for going over 168 without the proper safety mods. what was also interesting was that the stock z's were quite a bit quicker than ajglobals spider in the 1/2 mile, but by the mile the 2 were dead even. a gallardo coupe would have certainly been faster than the zo6 at speeds over 155/160mph.

it was at the 1 mile challange in vegas. I was bone stock . also ran 1/2 mile against two stock zo6's. in the 1/2 mile they were running 145/146 to my 153/155. in the mile they barely broke 160. in the mile the 550rwhp z ran 173 to my 179 and I got kicked out for going over 168 without the proper safety mods. what was also interesting was that the stock z's were quite a bit quicker than ajglobals spider in the 1/2 mile, but by the mile the 2 were dead even. a gallardo coupe would have certainly been faster than the zo6 at speeds over 155/160mph.

Who had the higher MPH in the half mile? You or the modded Z? The Z after 160 is SLOW.

Who had the higher MPH in the half mile? You or the modded Z? The Z after 160 is SLOW.
The modded Z did not run in the 1/2 mile. Fastest POS in the 1/2 mile was some supercharged POS that ran 149 in the 1/2 mile, and then broke.

They have 600hp now, but i heard they are very hairy around turns and off the line.

either way that race is very impressive for the snake..

Plastic mess-06 has a Hurst Shifter, the mild to wild exhaust switch, LG Headers and Tune, and dyno'd around 487 whp and a 230lb passenger filming. Viper bonestock 08 no passenger.

can you imagine a modded 08' Viper? WHERES DOUG FROM DLM????? :icon_super:

They have 600hp now, but i heard they are very hairy around turns and off the line.

Anything with 570tq and 600hp will be hairy in a turn if the driver isnt respectful of that power. From the reviews Ive seen though they were impressed with its handling as well as power.

The '08 Viper turned the second fastest lap in a recent Road & Track article. The test included the Porsche Carrera and GT3 RS and Lamborghini Gallardo and Gallardo Superleggara. The test was conducted at Willow Springs. It took place on the same day and the same driver drove all the cars. Oh yeah! The Dodge Viper ACR ran the fastest lap and it was three seconds faster than the standard Viper. Here's the article:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?se...article_id=6461

I guess the Viper can turn corners after all.

The '08 Viper turned the second fastest lap in a recent Road & Track article. The test included the Porsche Carrera and GT3 RS and Lamborghini Gallardo and Gallardo Superleggara. The test was conducted at Willow Springs. It took place on the same day and the same driver drove all the cars. Oh yeah! The Dodge Viper ACR ran the fastest lap and it was three seconds faster than the standard Viper. Here's the article:

Inmo, the driver of the Viper had more experience behind the wheel of the Viper rather than the Lambo.

The funny thing about this test is that one of the track rat owners already ran 1:29 at that same config of WSIR in a bonestock non ACR 08 Viper. But that wasnt same day, conditions of this R&T test. Millen is a proven driver so no knock on him. Not sure Millen got 100% out of any of the cars with only a few laps in em under his belt. Track rat owners with more seat time would probably run faster in any of these cars imho.

who gives a fcuk..................would you buy either of these cars?

Yup. Had both. Hated the Viper, loved the Plastic mess-06..:)

There is going to be a rematch of this race without a passenger in the Plastic mess-06. I suspect the Viper will still win but it should close the gap considerably.

sorry, I cannot see a Viper outhandling a G-SL on any road course.

something doesnt seem right :eusa_think:

sorry, I cannot see a Viper outhandling a G-SL on any road course.

something doesnt seem right :eusa_think:

Try driving one sometime, this whole misconception that vipers don't handle well is complete bullshit. You just have to have the balls to handle the car.