1061rwhp Supra DYNO VID!!

VegasSE

awesome... sounds like one hell of a machine... now it comes down to how do YOU choose: turbo supra, or turbo'd gallardo?

Well I have a Gallardo vid too of it driving.....in Cuba..... :D I will also have the dyno vid of that soon as well. The Gallardo vid I have now is too big to upload anywhere.

It sounds like a 737 taking off. Watch out, WW2 vets will hit the deck and yell incoming when it flys by!

It sounds like a 737 taking off. Watch out, WW2 vets will hit the deck and yell incoming when it flys by!

That's just what it FEELS like too. That sensation you get when the pilot hits the jets for takeoff. It feels like that, only with MORE pull.

I will get some quality video up eventually. :D

Love the sound of a Supra on full boost. That is a beast. I think its gonna have a problem with the green bull though even from a roll. Cant wait till you run em against each other.

Love the sound of a Supra on full boost. That is a beast. I think its gonna have a problem with the green bull though even from a roll. Cant wait till you run em against each other.

I believe the Green Monster is going to have lunch at the Supra's expense, but I will say NOTHING pulls like this thing on full boost. The below video is really a perfect example of how a bigger engine applies power versus the big boost Supra. When the Supra hits full boost, it takes off like a jet. The acceleration at full boost is mind boggling.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KV2IgzCgGfE

I believe the Green Monster is going to have lunch at the Supra's expense, but I will say NOTHING pulls like this thing on full boost. The below video is really a perfect example of how a bigger engine applies power versus the big boost Supra. When the Supra hits full boost, it takes off like a jet. The acceleration at full boost is mind boggling.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KV2IgzCgGfE

Thats what I figured. Supra may have a chance from say a 80-180 roll. No chance from a dig and that applies to most cars. AWD ftw. Just imagine how those 1200-1500hp Supras must feel on boost. Geez. Replacement underwear required.

Thats what I figured. Supra may have a chance from say a 80-180 roll. No chance from a dig and that applies to most cars. AWD ftw. Just imagine how those 1200-1500hp Supras must feel on boost. Geez. Replacement underwear required.

Something like this. :lol:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kRwg4_HUAtE

I will actually be up at Virtual Works on Friday.

Disgusting display of horsepower there. Geez.....And I never get tired of that scram jet sound of a big single Supra.

One of my business partners was in from LA yesterday and he wanted a ride in the black beast, so I took him out. Now this is a guy who drives Porsche road race cars, and owns Asian distribution for Porsche and Aston. He turned white as a sheet and said he had never felt ANYTHING take off like this or pull in the top end. He didn't stop talking about it for an hour and told me it took him 30 min to come down off the adrenalin high from just riding in it. If you've never felt the top end of a 1000+ whp Supra, you NEED to. It's like nothing else. :D

You have to love the pull of a high hp supra. It just feels so good! B)

The car is gutless low, and honestly pulls like a 7 second big motor car in the top end. It's pretty insane. :D

The car is gutless low, and honestly pulls like a 7 second big motor car in the top end. It's pretty insane. :D

If you were starting a build from ground up, would you stay with a big single or go twins? It's been a while since I tried keeping up with supras, but I think there were some twin builds making around 1000 hp. Don't know if it really makes a difference at those power levels though.

Sweet cars, can't wait to see vids :icon_thumleft:

If you were starting a build from ground up, would you stay with a big single or go twins? It's been a while since I tried keeping up with supras, but I think there were some twin builds making around 1000 hp. Don't know if it really makes a difference at those power levels though.

Sweet cars, can't wait to see vids :icon_thumleft:

It's ironic you ask, because I'm thinking of doing two more, but doing one with a sequential set up another with a purely race engine. The sequential set up Sound Performance is working on looks incredible, and obviously for the sake of throttle response, that's going to be your best bet, but for making massive boost in a drag car, the big single is a better choice. The sequential set up would be more of a handling car and much less HP than the single set up. Also, the big single makes the car SO tame around town since you are never in the boost. It also allows you to get 25mph to the gallon on the highway if you stay out of the boost. I think on the street, you would only want to go so high in the HP with the sequential. It could become somewhat of a challenge with the quick spool. Overall, honestly, if I was going to do just ONE Supra, I'd go big single.

One of my business partners was in from LA yesterday and he wanted a ride in the black beast, so I took him out. Now this is a guy who drives Porsche road race cars, and owns Asian distribution for Porsche and Aston. He turned white as a sheet and said he had never felt ANYTHING take off like this or pull in the top end. He didn't stop talking about it for an hour and told me it took him 30 min to come down off the adrenalin high from just riding in it. If you've never felt the top end of a 1000+ whp Supra, you NEED to. It's like nothing else. :D

Very true. My father's boss owns a single turbo, 63mm, 264 cams Supra and I rode in it quite a few times at around 550-575 rwhp, which is nothing to sneeze at on the street. The...I got the chance, a few years ago, to ride in Ken Henderson's car, a long time customer of SP Engineering in California (yes, our beloved site sponsor). The car was probably putting down over 800 rwhp at the time, but I don't remember. It has a 3.4L stroker engine, big twins, stand-alone, the works...the feeling that is has is absolutely stunning. There is NOTHING that compares to it. The way it builds boost as the revs go up, the weight transfert to the back wheels quickly followed by wheelspin and then, later on, traction and the forward thrust...I mean...it's just so unique...and amazing!!!!!!

-Olivier

Very true. My father's boss owns a single turbo, 63mm, 264 cams Supra and I rode in it quite a few times at around 550-575 rwhp, which is nothing to sneeze at on the street. The...I got the chance, a few years ago, to ride in Ken Henderson's car, a long time customer of SP Engineering in California (yes, our beloved site sponsor). The car was probably putting down over 800 rwhp at the time, but I don't remember. It has a 3.4L stroker engine, big twins, stand-alone, the works...the feeling that is has is absolutely stunning. There is NOTHING that compares to it. The way it builds boost as the revs go up, the weight transfert to the back wheels quickly followed by wheelspin and then, later on, traction and the forward thrust...I mean...it's just so unique...and amazing!!!!!!

-Olivier

It's honestly an experience EVERY car enthusiast should experience just once. If you are really a "car guy" you will appreciate it. :icon_thumleft:

Agreed 100%. Now, the TT G must be a whole other level because of the traction. The G-forces must be even more intense at lower speeds...but I just love that feeling of calm before the storm from the Supra which the lag provides. :)

-Olivier

• 3 months later...

I have never seen this happen on a dyno pull, but its very common at the track. The srs computer is located on the trans tunnel and when the driveshaft pops it nails the trans tunnel which in turn makes the srs computer think there was a crash resulting in air bag deployment.