Wrecked FGTs!

abolfaz

I hate to say it, but I see at least 3 of these totaled per month. I'll keep this thread here as a resource for the FGT's that bit the dust...

Here's the first, can anyone tell why this one is unique?

07905928_2X.JPG

07905928_3X.JPG

07905928_8X.JPG

What a shame. Fast cars and cold roads are a bad combination.

It is a shame! I have had my car scare the crap out of me a few times in the cold!

It's not a surpise to see many of these cars getting crashed. The Ford GT has so much torque, and no traction control. In the hands of an average driver, it can't be driven to anywhere near capacity. In the hands of a capable driver it is a blast, but you are constantly correcting with steering inputs and throttle modulation. To me, that is what makes the car so damn fun to drive. It literally is like taming a wild beast, holding on, and smiling.

It's not a surpise to see many of these cars getting crashed.

HOLY CRAP! These cars are getting killed at an alarming rate! I just got calls on 3 more being totaled this week alone! ITS ONLY TUESDAY!

I hate to say it, but I see at least 3 of these totaled per month. I'll keep this thread here as a resource for the FGT's that bit the dust...

Here's the first, can anyone tell why this one is unique?

Yeah, its missing the left rear quarter panel. Does not get much more unique than that. :icon_mrgreen:

It's not a surpise to see many of these cars getting crashed. The Ford GT has so much torque, and no traction control. In the hands of an average driver, it can't be driven to anywhere near capacity. In the hands of a capable driver it is a blast, but you are constantly correcting with steering inputs and throttle modulation. To me, that is what makes the car so damn fun to drive. It literally is like taming a wild beast, holding on, and smiling.

I heard through the grapevine that the silver one posted at the top had an average driver that shouldn't be owning such a car....determined through an HPDE instructor.

Is making money so damn important to these companies that they can't put some kind of restriction on who buys them...or at least require them to attend some driving schools!?

I heard the ZR1 might have this requirement...

I heard through the grapevine that the silver one posted at the top had an average driver that shouldn't be owning such a car....determined through an HPDE instructor.

Is making money so damn important to these companies that they can't put some kind of restriction on who buys them...or at least require them to attend some driving schools!?

I heard the ZR1 might have this requirement...

To be honest, yes it is about making money. Who are you, I or any company to say no you can not have what you want if it is legal, you can afford it, you are of age to have or own it ect..... It is not up to me or you to say no. I highly doubt that Chevy will enforce this or beable to. What will they ask to see a SCCA license to buy the car??? If the money is green they want it. Also with car sales so low why would they ever want to enforce something like this when they have the possiblity to lose revenue.

There are dozens of cars being produced now that the majority of people that own them can not drive properly or safely, but they have every right to own. IF they put restrictions on this, what would be next?????

Yeah, its missing the left rear quarter panel. Does not get much more unique than that. :icon_mrgreen:

Take a close look, its a twin turbo.

• 2 weeks later...
There are dozens of cars being produced now that the majority of people that own them can not drive properly or safely, but they have every right to own. IF they put restrictions on this, what would be next?????

they're called SUV's in the hands of tiny soccer moms :rolleyes:

or all these spoiled teenie-boppers who get what they want and start out in M3's, Range Rovers, and Benz's....

• 3 weeks later...
I hate the Heritage editions. Good riddance.

Odd but they are bringing some big $$$$ IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

Same company offers another GT heritage at 160K.

Looks OK but also comes with a salvage title. (front and rear bumper damage, chassis straightened)

post-6543-1213540101_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ouch.... one more gone....

Last weekend @ the Spa Italia track event in Belgium...

edit: stupid me... it's not a GT but a GT-40 rep. still a waste... total number of damaged cars last weekend was roughly 15.

post-6543-1214931891_thumb.jpg