The Jota List

Placid

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh okay...On my pictures it looks like a Jota hood.Does anyone know something #88?picutes or so?Somebody told me,it was a purple Jota from germay which was totally wrecked,one person was killed.

Oh okay...On my pictures it looks like a Jota hood.Does anyone know something #88?picutes or so?Somebody told me,it was a purple Jota from germay which was totally wrecked,one person was killed.

088 is in Canada

someone knows more about this car?

20080905dsvjnkzrof6i.jpg

20080905dsvjgal345n76cu.jpg

20090101dv07bxzapqmv.jpg

20090101dv05yx3lz9gd.jpg

All i know is that they've ruined it with the open light conversion. SE30s should be left alone.

whats the number of the user placid car from sweden?its number 30?

the purple jota from japan with the big lamborghini sticker is number 104?

and whats number has this car here?

54013136xksqgl4bu5xoln.jpg

here is #139

diablojotaa3aog18urywb4a.jpg

i only know,that this car was in germany and is now in japan since 2003 is this #104?

diasej29ycg01au4.jpg

The car in middle picture belonged to Peter Saywell of South England. The "AOG" numberplates are on all of his cars - stands for "aircraft on ground" the car in now in Japan and has had the jota kit re installed after he had it removed.

• 1 month later...

New member here. I currently own a 98VT Roadster and was looking at possibly purchasing the JOTA car that

Cats Exotics has for sale (#25) .. Can someone tell me whether a car that was recently converted to a JOTA with a factory kit carries the same valuation as one that left the factory converted? The car has a black leather interior does that hurt it's value and collectabilty vs. The blue alacantra? What is you JOTA experts view of this car and it's potential as a collectable car?

Thanks

Great Board !

Mark

(proudly thrown off of Ferrari Chat Board)

Hi Mark and welcome to the board!

Cats Exotics has for sale (#25) .. Can someone tell me whether a car that was recently converted to a JOTA with a factory kit carries the same valuation as one that left the factory converted? The car has a black leather interior does that hurt it's value and collectabilty vs. The blue alacantra? What is you JOTA experts view of this car and it's potential as a collectable car?
The SE30 #25 Cats has for sale was converted to Jota a few years ago. The car does have a little history, read this post for more details.

As far as I know, the installation of the Jota kit on this car is top notch, and a few improvements was even done over the factory kit. IMO the black leather does not look half as good as the alcantara, I actually hated the pre '99 interior until I saw it in alcantara. It makes a huge difference to me, but that's a subjective thing I guess.

(proudly thrown off of Ferrari Chat Board)
Then you are very welcome here :icon_mrgreen: :icon_thumleft:

Where are you located btw?

Hi Mark and welcome to the board!

The SE30 #25 Cats has for sale was converted to Jota a few years ago. The car does have a little history, read this post for more details.

As far as I know, the installation of the Jota kit on this car is top notch, and a few improvements was even done over the factory kit. IMO the black leather does not look half as good as the alcantara, I actually hated the pre '99 interior until I saw it in alcantara. It makes a huge difference to me, but that's a subjective thing I guess.

Then you are very welcome here :icon_mrgreen: :icon_thumleft:

Where are you located btw?

Yeah I am aware of it's accident history. I am in Dallas,Texas...

I really don't like the blue alacantra at all, I guess your right it's subjective.

Is this car considered a "real" JOTA car by the enthusiast?

Thanks

Mark

Proudly thrown ofF of the Ferrari Chat Board..

There are two kinds of Jotas; The ones converted by Lamborghini (or well, in a shed nearby anyway), and those sold as SE30's and converted later by the owners with a Jota kit. If you've been doing some reading online, you probably know that about 12 were converted by Lambo, and about 16 were sold as kits.

A "real" Jota is in my eyes the ones converted by Lambo (and these are the only ones with a 400 km/h speedo), but all SE30's with a properly installed kit will be a nice investment I think.

There are two kinds of Jotas; The ones converted by Lamborghini (or well, in a shed nearby anyway), and those sold as SE30's and converted later by the owners with a Jota kit. If you've been doing some reading online, you probably know that about 12 were converted by Lambo, and about 16 were sold as kits.

A "real" Jota is in my eyes the ones converted by Lambo (and these are the only ones with a 400 km/h speedo), but all SE30's with a properly installed kit will be a nice investment I think.

Aarrggh , just found out the object of my affection has found anew owner. Roy has the car for 2 years, no offers, the when I get

ready to buy someone beats me to the punch.

Timing is everything I suppose, damn I'm disappointed...

Mark

New member here. I currently own a 98VT Roadster and was looking at possibly purchasing the JOTA car that

Cats Exotics has for sale (#25) ..

There's quite a few photos and some video footage of the car on the internet. It's fairly easy to find them. The car looks and sounds amazing. Leather or Alcantara shouldn't make any difference, both look good. I've seen regular SE30s with a higher asking price than the Jota, and it's one of the best colours for a Diablo.

in my opinion any SE30 with the kit is a Jota.

the 400 Km-h speedo is a nice little touch but with or without it, any car with a jota kit is a diablo jota

We all know that whether the Jota kits were "factory" installed or not, they never really fit the cars well resulting in a loss of performance. Taking this into consideration, the two USA SE that had the kit recently installed at Driven Exotics are probably some of the best Jota out there. Several of the Jota that are now in Japan have been modified as well since the kits were installed in the '90s, not just cosmetically. As far as originality, the only thing that would make some of the Jota different from others are thus whether the kits were factory installed, the 400 speedometer and the small Jota badge. I however am not 100% certain that all the Jota that have the 400 speedometer have factory installed kits but this might be true. This might also have been the case for the Jota badge, that all factory Jota originally had it installed but that in some cases it got removed for whatever reason. I think what is also important to mention here is that the list of 28 Jota cars that is available on the ILR website comes from factory documents, hence in the registry that I have made I have used this list to determine whether a SE is a Jota or not, although not all the cars that are on the list actually had the kit installed.

I will give you guys some details on what I know right now about the kits, 400 speedometer and Jota badge:

Of the 28 Jota on that list 22 have the kit installed, 2 not, and of 4 cars I am missing info. Besides these 28 Jota I know 4 other SE that have the kits installed. Of the 28 cars 10 have the 400 speedometer, missing info on 16 and 2 do no have it. 1 of the 4 Jota that are not on the list also has the 400 speedo. 7 of the 28 cars have the Jota badge, 15 do not and on 6 I am missing info. Of only 3 cars I am certain that they have both the 400 speedo as well as the Jota badge, and one of these is Placid's Jota.

What determines the value of a Jota, besides the overall condition of the car, is in my opinion really a subjective thing. Some might care most about the performance and in this case, as I already mentioned, the US Jota might be more valuable from their point of view than others. For others the originality might be more important. In my opinion the fact that a car had the kit installed at the factory in the '90s (actually near the factory as Placid already mentioned ;) ), the 400 speedo and the Jota badge all are + points and make the car in my opinion more desirable. I believe that in the decades to come the SE and definitely the Jota's will become collector cars and you will see that it are these small details that will determine the value of the cars in the market.

a bit more desirable: yes

but if i was looking for one i would be concerned more about conditions of the car

some day a Jota will be worth serious money

We all know that whether the Jota kits were "factory" installed or not, they never really fit the cars well resulting in a loss of performance.

Some might care most about the performance and in this case, as I already mentioned, the US Jota might be more valuable from their point of view than others.

:eusa_naughty:

Mine dynoed more than Keith's, and 50-60 HP more than a stock SE30. And I can probably squeeze out 10-20 more HP with some fine tuning.

But some installations are probably not well done, resulting in a performance loss.

Other than that, I agree on your post :icon_mrgreen:

What do you want to know?

Do a search and you can find everything on the car from the day I bought it all the way through installation.

What do you want to know?

Do a search and you can find everything on the car from the day I bought it all the way through installation.

It doesn't matter now. Unless the buyer that got there before me backs out on the car when it is delivered (unlikely), I will never

know the pleasure of owning a JOTA Diablo.

Sucks.