Super Performance GT40!

abolfaz

I'm enamored with these things! I'm looking at one with 400 miles right now, I'm in love! What do we know about them? What are they worth?

I'm enamored with these things! I'm looking at one with 400 miles right now, I'm in love! What do we know about them? What are they worth?

It's Superformance GT40 YO!. :icon_mrgreen:

I had the chance to put a few rural miles on the Superformance GT40 and really had a blast. It is what would appear to be the closest to the real deal in terms of components, tub, and construction relative to other manufactured "kits" or continuation series. It is, much in the same as the original, much more a race car than anything else and as such not your friend banging through the city in terms of comfort, visibility, and no window to roll down. Fit and finish seems to be acceptable, althought the one I drove had been put through the ringer and the door fitment was crude. Another issue I happened to notice is that the shift linkage cable stretches and needs to be adjusted every blue moon. But, it is pure and unashamed of what it is, and that I loved. It also drove and felt much more sure footed than I would have ever imagined. I've seen a few that have painted to original race schemes (not Gulf colors) and felt those looked the best, and Superformance now offers a FIA track version with fuel blatters. There is a builder who builds a much more expensive version but as you would expect, pretty much a nut and bolt exact copy that is on my list of "maybe one of these days..." Given the history of the GT40 and its de-throning of the F-cars, along with it being an absolute blast, you can only say no if you are worried about what it will be worth when your done with it. If you are planning on making it a keeper and can deal with the "is it real????" b.s., step up and enjoy. And for your viewing pleasure... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMwCL95hyu0.

good luck

A little 5th Gear love for the GT40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9P7kBSEpm0.

Hi-Tech and Superformance are one in the same in regards to product, only the Hi-tech is sold assembled in lands fortunate enough to have the common sense to not over regulate replicas and exotics. Too bad for us as we really miss out on some of the good stuff.

YES SIR! But w/o engine or transaxle YO!

All the more fun! :eusa_wall:

I wonder how many of these are out there now.