2009 Audi RS8 v-10 twin turbo

Mr. Vroom

http://www.autocarmag.com/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/231987/#

They told us it would never happen, but it now seems that, contrary to earlier reports from senior Audi bosses, next year’s even hotter R8, the RS8, will get the same twin-turbocharged, 572bhp V10 as the RS6 super-saloon.

That stands to turn Audi's mid-engined sports car into the fastest road-going model ever to wear the four silver rings, and, curiously enough, a genuine treat to in-house rivals the Porsche 911 GT2 and Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4. With that kind of firepower to call upon, expect the car to crack 62mph in less than 4.0 seconds, 100mph in around 8.5sec, and to top out way beyond 200mph.

Hopefully this engine will find its way into a SV G!!

http://www.autocarmag.com/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/231987/#

They told us it would never happen, but it now seems that, contrary to earlier reports from senior Audi bosses, next year’s even hotter R8, the RS8, will get the same twin-turbocharged, 572bhp V10 as the RS6 super-saloon.

That stands to turn Audi's mid-engined sports car into the fastest road-going model ever to wear the four silver rings, and, curiously enough, a genuine treat to in-house rivals the Porsche 911 GT2 and Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4. With that kind of firepower to call upon, expect the car to crack 62mph in less than 4.0 seconds, 100mph in around 8.5sec, and to top out way beyond 200mph.

Hopefully this engine will find its way into a SV G!!

If they actually let this car have more HP than the LP560 then they are cutting thier own throats.

This means in 2010 the new Lp will probably have 700hp and the 560 should have about 620hp..

IMO this is good news.....

If they actually let this car have more HP than the LP560 then they are cutting thier own throats.

You have to remember that AUDI thinks Audi is more important than Lambo. Audi has been very profitable for decades, while Lamborghini has lost money most years. Lambo is just a small, small part of their company.

Ill believe it when I see it, Audi was also supposed to incorporate the V12 TDi, it would be nice to see, perhaps this is in response to the GTR, ...so if one had a choice between a used G and a new R-8 they are already comparable...(pricewise) and the gap might get closer...

So, in other words, DON'T ORDER A NEW 2009 LP560 ??? :huh:

Exactly.

And this will make 650-700 crank hp with simple mods on the stock turbos, and should be much cheaper. :shock:

Actually I am confused.... Audi has a naturally aspirated v-10 R8 test mule in Florida. A friend of mine tested it for two weeks(it looked like it had the same engine in it as the new LP560) and I am scheduled to get my shot at an extended test in a couple of weeks. When I get a chance, I will call up my contact and get the latest info.

You have to remember that AUDI thinks Audi is more important than Lambo. Audi has been very profitable for decades, while Lamborghini has lost money most years. Lambo is just a small, small part of their company.

I agree but in the past couple years lambo has been finally turning a profit. Why kill that ?? I think we'll see a HP increase in the LP560 at the same time or shortly before this RS8 arrives. They did it with the old style lambo. 494HP in '04 and '05 to 512HP in '06 to '08/'09 to 530HP in the SL.

Someone mentioned the audi burning down.........that was the V-12 deisel test mule not the V-8.

ill believe it when I see it. every other day a magazine gets an "inside scoop" yet they are never right.

I Someone mentioned the audi burning down.........that was the V-12 deisel test mule not the V-8.

The V10 twin turbo R8 test mule burned as well ..... In fact Audi put a fire supression system on the Florida mule which is naturally aspirated, so I guess they are still worried about engine heat.... The article quoted Audi as saying they solved the heat issue on the TT R8.

The V10 twin turbo R8 test mule burned as well ..... In fact Audi put a fire supression system on the Florida mule which is naturally aspirated, so I guess they are still worried about engine heat.... The article quoted Audi as saying they solved the heat issue on the TT R8.

Really ?? I'd be hard pressed to say then that we will see a 580HP audi for 2010 if they are still worried about heat, I don't care what the article says. Until they get one on the road without a fire suppresion system that doesn't burn down I doubt they will mass produce them for general sales.

The R8 with a 580HP TT V10 will be simply awesome.

I personally would be a little annoyed if a station wagon had more HP than the top of the line R8.

i wonder if they are planning on selling off Lambo?

they'll never do that.