84 FLA?

CountachQV

It looks like manufacturing starter so late in the year 11/1984 that by the time it was finished it was 1985 hence the F designation. Thats my thought on it. Sincerely Vic

Simple.

In November 1984 they were building 85's.

actually wouldnt they have been building 1985 models back in august or september? like all other auto builders?

My "87" is the same, showing a build date of November "86". Doesn't seem much different than any other auto maker, late fall production is actually the next year model.

Eons ago, while still a youth in prehistoric times, a November build was the start of the next years production. Eventually, that build date moved forward to September as us old timers shouted "Blasphemy" to no avail. Automotive history went the same route as the fiscal year had done preveiously. The same year, but different starting and ending dates!!!! I now hear Dow/Corning is going to institute it's own model year timing in the pre-bikini season introduction of it'e new saline/silicone implants!! Just what we need, another model year for yet another reason. What a bust this is all going to be.

actually wouldnt they have been building 1985 models back in august or september? like all other auto builders?

I'll buy that if all the car after 774 would be FLA. But this is not the case. It appears that the stamping went back and forth from FLA to ELA over Nov and Dec of 1984. I suspect either someone distracted at the factory stamping away with whatever letter available that day or something else.

The cars in questions are from FLA12772 (11/84 made) to FLA12794 (made on 01/85 from Ebay auction in 2007)

Cars between were stamped both ELA and FLA while made in 1984 during Nov and dec

For instance Bobileff was selling ZA9C00500ELA12784 as an 1984 Inj. Yet FLA12772 (11/84) is also injected so we cant say FLA were for the US market injected only.

I spotted several other cars stamped ELA from 11 and 12/1984.

Is there any owner with VINs of that period that can confirm VIN vs made date during these 2 months to see any patterns that could explain what happened?

I'll buy that if all the car after 774 would be FLA. But this is not the case. It appears that the stamping went back and forth from FLA to ELA over Nov and Dec of 1984. I suspect either someone distracted at the factory stamping away with whatever letter available that day or something else.

The cars in questions are from FLA12772 (11/84 made) to FLA12794 (made on 01/85 from Ebay auction in 2007)

Cars between were stamped both ELA and FLA while made in 1984 during Nov and dec

For instance Bobileff was selling ZA9C00500ELA12784 as an 1984 Inj. Yet FLA12772 (11/84) is also injected so we cant say FLA were for the US market injected only.

Is there any owner with VINs of that period that can confirm VIN vs made date during these 2 months to see any patterns that could explain what happened?

Simple, FLA is factory USA Injected cars. The factory injection says Lamborghini on it. ELA are euro cars that were converted into US cars by both dealers and distributors. So technically while the cars are USA FI cars, they are not factory versions.

Simple, FLA is factory USA Injected cars. The factory injection says Lamborghini on it. ELA are euro cars that were converted into US cars by both dealers and distributors. So technically while the cars are USA FI cars, they are not factory versions.

So does this make the factory US 2V FI cars more rare than the LP400S S1? There are only a handful listed on the registry. If S1s are $200k+, shouldn't these be $250k-$300k? :icon_mrgreen:

So does this make the factory US 2V FI cars more rare than the LP400S S1? There are only a handful listed on the registry. If S1s are $200k+, shouldn't these be $250k-$300k? :icon_mrgreen:

Technically they would be the rarest, BUT due to the fact that so many NON FACTORY 2 valve FI cars were put together with BMW and MB FI parts it has given the factory cars a bad rap.

I think there were around 20 built for the US.

I know of about 8 of them.

Tommy Hitman Hearns owned a white with black one.

Tommy Hitman Hearns owned a white with black one.

Isn't this the car with fried chicken under the seats?

Ah...

Well that's a whole other can of worms.

I thought you were just asking about it being an 85 built in 84.

Those with info please chime in.

you're right. I updated the thread title to clarify. I am not aware (yet) this occured during any other year from the 500S and on

This can be confirmed by Trefor Thomas who explained this interesting history for the brand.

that sure would be great! it woould explains then why only that year. it would also indicate who (factory or someone else) converted the car to injected, right?

"1984 LP5000S" hummm. What's you vin and date?.... :icon_mrgreen:

I think there were around 20 built for the US.

I know of about 8 of them.

John,

You are good at those numbers.

I have 21 MY1985 5000S VINs for USA, with 1 car went to Italy.

Still waiting for the Miura S chassis # from you.

Kevin

John,

You are good at those numbers.

I have 21 MY1985 5000S VINs for USA, with 1 car went to Italy.

Still waiting for the Miura S chassis # from you.

Kevin

Wow!!

Do you have an account for where they are now ? and colors?

Best,

John

that sure would be great! it woould explains then why only that year. it would also indicate who (factory or someone else) converted the car to injected, right?

EXACTLY. The difference between Factory and NON Factory.

EXACTLY. The difference between Factory and NON Factory.

Then here is the cars I came across that i could not figure out until now. 84 cars having FLA Vins

Factory injection:

FLA12752 11/84(?)

FLA12763 11/84(?)

FLA12772 11/84

FLA12774 11/84

Would be great is we add to this with manufactirung date to Id all 84 that are FLAs

pic of FLA12794 . car belongs to L Power member JFRAZAR. we think its the last US spec injected 2 valve car, of the (20?) made.

post-3289-1207499468_thumb.jpg

pic of FLA12794 . car belongs to L Power member JFRAZAR. we think its the last US spec injected 2 valve car, of the (20?) made.

Well that could be but not certain. The QV prototype was FAL12796 per the registry (dont know where the car is)

This leaves FLA12795 as the possible last factory injected car. Does anyone has any info on FLA12795 and knows if it is injected or carb or if it was made for a non US market?

• 6 months later...

Well I can now confirm my own suspicion with facts and no doubts. FLA12795 is the last 5000s as we can see today on Ebay. injected car. Good shape too.

If the owner is on this site, please comment on history. We'd like to know.

So the registry saying 12794 being the last S is wrong and ought to be corrected.

FLA12996 is said to be the QV prototype but no evidence is put forth with that claim. Does anyone has any proof that is the case? such proof would seal 12795 as the last 5000S. Obvioulsy we cannot rely on info listed with no factual backup (photos, factory docs, media articles etc...)