Acura NSX 2005

DannyBaker

Motor Trend did call it

"the best car the world has ever seen, anytime, anyplace"

and this is considering they had the F40 and Diablo back then :D

Mako's evaluation is spot on, except for the clutch. It is great for everyday driving, but don't try power launches or peeling out at a light! I smoked the clutch at the 500 mile marker on my 03!! If you like that kind of action, get a stronger aftermarket racing clutch.

You know, I bet that was a mfg. defect, especially that early in the miles.

I did dozens, if not hundreds, of burnouts/bogged launches from not enough revs/power launches/etc, in the four years, and when I sold the car at 40k miles the clutch was still solid.

The usual clutch rules still apply though, just as with the Gallardo there are plenty of "My clutch is bad at 10,000 miles!" posts....and just as with the Gallardo 99% of those are due to a pure lack of knowledge on the RIGHT way to use a clutch by the driver. :icon_mrgreen:

You know, I bet that was a mfg. defect, especially that early in the miles.

I did dozens, if not hundreds, of burnouts/bogged launches from not enough revs/power launches/etc, in the four years, and when I sold the car at 40k miles the clutch was still solid.

The usual clutch rules still apply though, just as with the Gallardo there are plenty of "My clutch is bad at 10,000 miles!" posts....and just as with the Gallardo 99% of those are due to a pure lack of knowledge on the RIGHT way to use a clutch by the driver. :icon_mrgreen:

I will post pictures next week. Just got the car picked up and it should be here tuesday or wednesday.

I will post pictures next week. Just got the car picked up and it should be here tuesday or wednesday.

Congrats! You will love it. Fantastic car.

• 2 weeks later...

All I'm going to say is if you aren't into collecting cars and actually want to drive it like it was meant to be driven, take a look at Lovefab's turbo NSX.

Sure it may be underpowered stock, but it has the capability of making ridiculous power for not that much money.

I've owned 3 NSXs, 91 Red/Ivory, 02 Orange/Orange and my current 05 Orange/Orange. I had traded my 02 on a 04 Gallardo and after a few months of ownership, I missed having the NSX. I spent over 6 months searching for another Orange one and finally found one at the dealer in Chicago. I made an offer on it that same day and a week later flew out there with a friend of mine and we drove back home to San Diego in 2 and a half days!

Unless Honda comes out with a much superior product than this 16 year old car, I will keep this car forever! It is still fun to drive, gets the best mileage of any of my cars, is easy to work on and still attracts attention.

It's not a particularly super fast car, but that's not why I love it. If I want to I can take to Targa top off and enjoy the weather or if I need to take a short trip there is plenty of room in the trunk. It's very comfortable and quiet on the freeway and I don't have a panic attack when I park it!

Enjoy your new car and most of us do!