Suspension rose joint question

johnmh

Someone will chime in at some point with helpful information I'm sure. Sadly, I'm not that guy :lol2:

On a side note, make sure you register for an account and post some pictures of the restoration! Everyone would LOVE to see it. Series One would be an awesome project! How long have you been working on it?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 3:40 PM, Guest 79LP400S said:

CHello,

I know this is an over 10 year old post, but restoring a series one LP400, and all the cast iron rod ends are either worn out or missing (someone had replaced them with standard rod ends at some point). I was wondering if Limey or someone else still had these reproduction ball joint/suspension component kits available, or if anyone knew where to locate these parts for less than crazy ($200 a joint) prices.

Thanks

I have a complete set of Limey's reproductions that I won't use. Instead, I used the heims chad has been selling with a .2215" spacer on each side. You can get stainless tubing that is 18mm OD and 14 mm ID and simply slice .2215" off for one spacer, or as many as you need. I parted mine with the lathe. I will sell Limey's joints to anyone that might want them as they will only collect dust here in my shop.