Suspension rose joint question

johnmh

Hi Guys, regarding the Heim Joints for the Countach rear end.

I have had these remanufactured on our CNC machine for my Countach and I can now supply a non genuine replacement kit from Australia.

Part Numbers

005209538 Upper Joint (4 Supplied in this Kit)

005209535 Lower Joint (6 Supplied in this Kit)

Total 10 joints Supplied ..Enough to replace the whole rear end!

I can offer these at around US$1000 for the kit if any one is interested.

I think the genuine replacements if available are around $2500.

We are also getting ready to produce the tube assemblies for these suspension arms.

In Addition we are also scanning the Hub and Flange assembly on our CNC machine and will have prototypes available soon which i will test in my Countach.

rodends1a.jpg

Please note the pic above is of the original prototypes. Actual production units are black with a black bush.

Anyone interested email me [email protected]

I can take payment via paypal.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good to know!

• 5 months later...

countachrear.jpg

countachfront.jpg

After a little longer than expected, about 18 months to be precise, the full suspension kit is now in stock.

I have them for all models from 74-89, in kit form, or individual. Comes with the hardware nuts - bolts - washers too.

countachrear.jpg

countachfront.jpg

After a little longer than expected, about 18 months to be precise, the full suspension kit is now in stock.

I have them for all models from 74-89, in kit form, or individual. Comes with the hardware nuts - bolts - washers too.

WOW! Awesome!!!

Very tempting.

How much $$$ for the kit or just the rose joints ? Do any of the rose joints have the slight bend in the threaded area by any chance?

The full kit, both front & rears, inc. the hardware set is $2299.99 for any year 74-89 & includes all items seen, although some kits vary in parts and qty.

You can buy any item individually if you prefer. Please let me know about the bend in the joint area what you mean, these are 100% exact same as factory, if not better materials. Some of the joints are LH thread and some are RH thread, as per factory.

I think it's part number 005209535, the lowers on the rear. There is a slight bend, Bobileff posted a picture of one next to a ruler on Fchat, and it does indeed have a slight bend. I don't see why it would matter, the way that a rose joint moves anyways (unless it gets in a tight pinch when the car is bottomed or topped out?). Does your kit have the sway bar parts also?

I've heard several different times about the bend. That's something that should be confirmed.

Also, $2299 for the kit. What should one expect to pay or hours to have all these install and a correct alignment? I would most likely install my own but another owner asked me the question.

I've heard several different times about the bend. That's something that should be confirmed.

Also, $2299 for the kit. What should one expect to pay or hours to have all these install and a correct alignment? I would most likely install my own but another owner asked me the question.

I will check this in the morning and put a straight ruler against the joint threads and report the findings.

As to labour times, best to call George Evans, he knows these cars well.

Ok,

I just searched this thread by Bobileff and yes, i am confirming that indeed our joints have these bends too. I wasn't sure i understood what you was asking at first, but the bend is most certainly in the ones we had made. I will still take photos in the morning though, these are also thread specific, ie LEFT HAND & RIGHT HAND threads, which ours are too.

Peter, I posted the correct specs for the suspension, maybe you did not see it.

Chadbourn Bolles

8 0 3 5 3 2 6 2 5 7

What should one expect to pay or hours to have all these install and a correct alignment? I would most likely install my own but another owner asked me the question.

Peter, I posted the correct specs for the suspension, maybe you did not see it.

Chadbourn Bolles

8 0 3 5 3 2 6 2 5 7

What should one expect to pay or hours to have all these install and a correct alignment? I would most likely install my own but another owner asked me the question.

I think it's part number 005209535, the lowers on the rear. There is a slight bend, Bobileff posted a picture of one next to a ruler on Fchat, and it does indeed have a slight bend. I don't see why it would matter, the way that a rose joint moves anyways (unless it gets in a tight pinch when the car is bottomed or topped out?). Does your kit have the sway bar parts also?

This is the one we had made, part # 005209535

005209535.jpg

Excellent information, while the f/r suspension has already been pulled. :icon_super:

This website is sooooooooooooooooo damn helpful :drunk: :icon_thumleft:

Got my joints yesterday, very happy with them.

Jfrazar

Thanks!

Wish though more would pull the trigger and order some, i've got plenty to go round.

I will take a complete kit too. 84 5000s. How do I pay. Postage to 30570 Murcia Spain

Thanks

Terry

Terry I believe Kurt is selling these on eBay USA.

Here is the link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lamborghini...sQ5fAccessories

That may be the easiest way for you to obtain a set.

Best of luck, Vic

I will take a complete kit too. 84 5000s. How do I pay. Postage to 30570 Murcia Spain

Thanks

Terry

Hi Terry,

I'll send you a paypal invoice for them if you pm me your email address. Rather than buy them on ebay and me have to pay the fees, i'll sell them to you direct and give free shipping to Spain via USPS Priority mail, unless you want shipped FedEx and in which case, it will be $220.00 for a roughly 20lb box.

Kurt.

• 3 weeks later...