SLR over a LP640 or CGT ?

Jonny5

what's the $ on that , and what's does it pump out?

Id go Kleeman, the pulley and Ecu is around 4K, and the pumps are about 100 bucks apiece. I gained 40rwhp, but I also gained 100ft lbs of torque!!! Id go one step above what i did also and delete the TCU.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You live in Notting Hill?

No , but was at the Electric in Notting Hill . Well spotted . Would love to live in Notting Hill/Holland Park , but garaging is a big prob

LP640 without a question. Possibly if you had something againist it then the GT for sure!

I dont want to pick on you because you have an undeniable passion for exotic cars like the rest of us but considering you have had limited or non exposure or ownership of any exotic i can't see how you keep on giving so much advice to so many different members.

You are entitled to your opinion and i am not looking to censure your opinions but putting ownership aside,without having extensive seat time in a given car you cannot possibly give an educated opinion about the vehicle to anyone.

Forget about what you read in the magazines as they are all biased one way or another and you pretty much have to take most of the material with a grain of salt.

I dont want to pick on you because you have an undeniable passion for exotic cars like the rest of us but considering you have had limited or non exposure or ownership of any exotic i can't see how you keep on giving so much advice to so many different members.

You are entitled to your opinion and i am not looking to censure your opinions but putting ownership aside,without having extensive seat time in a given car you cannot possibly give an educated opinion about the vehicle to anyone.

Forget about what you read in the magazines as they are all biased one way or another and you pretty much have to take most of the material with a grain of salt.

Well said and you said it in a nice way.

Even I can not decide which car I like more... the SLR or the LP640. They are so diffrent but both so very desirable.

Even I can not decide which car I like more... the SLR or the LP640. They are so diffrent but both so very desirable.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats Jon!! The London traffic must be hectic to say the least, I believe the SLR is the most interesting choice for you.

How easy is it to access nice winding roads in the outskirts of London?? When I was there, it was all about public transport for me so I did not get the chance to see much of the suburbs and the outside or the city.

cheers.

Congrats Jon!! The London traffic must be hectic to say the least, I believe the SLR is the most interesting choice for you.

How easy is it to access nice winding roads in the outskirts of London?? When I was there, it was all about public transport for me so I did not get the chance to see much of the suburbs and the outside or the city.

cheers.

Hi Oliver,

You can reach the countryside within half an hour.

Thing about London once you learn the roads, i.e. where the back roads are, what times the roads are congested, where the speed cameras are, they are actually not that bad.

Cool. Well yeah you get to know an area after a while. I remember from the train ride to one of the airports outside the city that it was not too too long before seeing the country side, but I still wondered how much time it would take by car. Good to know. :)

So I got the SLR . It's fcuking insane, and that's from having owned a Carrera GT

Sorry for the shit picture , the front plate is coming off - think it ruins the look

excellent congrats!

Owners please - what do you think , would you take a SLR over a LP640 or a CGT?

It's really hard to decide which to drive because they're all great cars........ but I'll take the SLR McLaren because of it's great performance

• 5 weeks later...
LP640 without a question. Possibly if you had something againist it then the GT for sure!

Read up a few posts...you can see he made his choice.

You make the dumbest posts and also bump threads from so long ago... :eusa_wall:

• 2 weeks later...