Gus' Triple White

Teufel657

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok back online. Storms the other night were hell. Lightning hit the utility pole next to house. Killed lots of electronics including computer. luckily no other damage like fire. Must have scared the Lambo too. The next morning while probeing around the garage looking for any damage I noticed a small puddle of anti freeze under it. Pressure checked the cooling system and drove it around and no leakes since. Strange!!!!

Anyway, back to Gus's engine. I installed euro spec pistons which are higher compression, Euro cams, larger intake valves with port work to match and headers. Basiclly its a downdraft engine with fuel injection now. I do change the intake cam timing to help compensate for the long intakerunners.

I've done a few of these engines like this now and its a pretty good combo. On one car I took it one step farther and did Electromotive FI with direct ignition. The car was quit impressive. It would hand a DD car its ass.

On a note about electromotive: I've always been pro Motec and not real impressed with electromotive. The last Electromotive I messed with was a Tech 2 system on a Ferrari.

The system I just installed on a Countach (customer purchased it) was a tec3r. I have to say I was fairly impressed. A HUGE change over the tec2. A whole lot cheaper them Motec also.

Heres Mikes que to tell me how much he hates electromotive :icon_pray:

Gus your 'Triple White' is a treat to see here. Nice to see some variety in the cars you collect. Too many people put all their attention in one direction. Go easy on the LP400 it's a classic to! Though they sort of look like a toy with only 14 inch wheels...

Joe

HI Gus, new toy looks great.... I have a 89 white with red interior... never get to drive it, its in Ny and I am living in Fl... best of luck with the new lambo

Larry

Ok back online. Storms the other night were hell. Lightning hit the utility pole next to house. Killed lots of electronics including computer. luckily no other damage like fire. Must have scared the Lambo too. The next morning while probeing around the garage looking for any damage I noticed a small puddle of anti freeze under it. Pressure checked the cooling system and drove it around and no leakes since. Strange!!!!

Anyway, back to Gus's engine. I installed euro spec pistons which are higher compression, Euro cams, larger intake valves with port work to match and headers. Basiclly its a downdraft engine with fuel injection now. I do change the intake cam timing to help compensate for the long intakerunners.

I've done a few of these engines like this now and its a pretty good combo. On one car I took it one step farther and did Electromotive FI with direct ignition. The car was quit impressive. It would hand a DD car its ass.

On a note about electromotive: I've always been pro Motec and not real impressed with electromotive. The last Electromotive I messed with was a Tech 2 system on a Ferrari.

The system I just installed on a Countach (customer purchased it) was a tec3r. I have to say I was fairly impressed. A HUGE change over the tec2. A whole lot cheaper them Motec also.

We installed an Electromotive TEc2 unit on my old Countach long ago. It was night and day above any other CT I have ever driven, including the DD.

happy to hear you safe!

and tks for the infos