Zr1 allocation announced. Price quote---

Assman

I just got a message from a dealer. They have an allocation of 2. Their price inclusive of mark up.

200k with a 10k non refundable deposit!

Mhaynes, if you get yours at msrp you are a lucky SOB!

So it's $190k?

I think he may have ment a $10k nonrefundable deposit.....I think we are looking at $70-80k in markup.

$200k for a Chevy.....llllooll, hahahhahahaa, bwahhhahahahha, OMG, you gotta be fcuking KIDDING ME.

My dad ordered one when he bought my car. He was expecting to get it for MSRP and got screwed. Dealer wanted $125K. Sounds like a deal now.

fixed, I meant 10k deposit. 200k indeed. He said if he didn't get 200k he'd buy the cars to inventory and unload at auction.

Matt, I thought you were first. According to my source, if you are listed where I think u are they said they are expecting one car, they are on for MSRP, and the car will be the only one in a 3 state area.

Matt, I thought you were first. According to my source, if you are listed where I think u are they said they are expecting one car, they are on for MSRP, and the car will be the only one in a 3 state area.

Well I thought I was first too before I got a call saying they forgot someone had put a $10,000 deposit down a few months before me. :eusa_think: Anyway, yes, I was told by them a few months ago they are only expecting one, but we'll see. I called and they said they haven't received anything telling them yet of how many they will get. If it's only one, o well. I'll buy one used in a year when they're about $80,000.

200k? Thats crazy...Sounds like the same BS i got when I ordered a new R-8, the dealer wanted a 30k markup I said fine, give me my money back and ill buy a G. Perhaps the GTR markups arent that insane now...

How can they allow these practices? If you order a car you pay MSRP. And that is final, how can they make you pay a premium worth tens of thousands? Why would anyone do that? When the R8 came out, people who ordered them in advance got them here exactly at MSRP. In the first 2 months some dealers were selling R8 from their inventories at a premium, but no one who ordered the car was forced to pay extra for it. All prices have normalised and you can buy an R8 in Europe at MSRP or very close to it. Same goes for Ferraris here, you can find a lot of brand new cars at MSRP.

This has got to be a joke of some sort.200 k for a POS

i agree, the price is crazy, but its not going to be a POS from any angle, it looks like a rock star, it would sound good and would have soo much potential that hardly a car in the category would touch one. anyhow i belive it would be a steal at MSRP and 20-25k over wouldnt be too bad either..but surely 200k is lunacy..

i agree, the price is crazy, but its not going to be a POS from any angle, it looks like a rock star, it would sound good and would have soo much potential that hardly a car in the category would touch one. anyhow i belive it would be a steal at MSRP and 20-25k over wouldnt be too bad either..but surely 200k is lunacy..

As I have said before; it doesn't matter how good it looks or if it does 0-180 in 3.4 seconds; at the end of the day, you will be driving a pile of steaming horse shit otherwise known as Chevrolet. It's not worth it's weight douche bags.

Not that I in any way shape or form agree with a $200k price tag for a chevy, but it will be much more car than the Ford GT which is in the same realm of price, and much more than the Porsche GT2 which many dealers are getting much more than the $280's for. Of course build quality will not be in the realm of anything in the price range, but when Enzo owners take a beating from a "stock" chevy, they will be limping home with their asses hurting from the 1.2 million dollar check they wrote.

Not that I in any way shape or form agree with a $200k price tag for a chevy, but it will be much more car than the Ford GT which is in the same realm of price, and much more than the Porsche GT2 which many dealers are getting much more than the $280's for. Of course build quality will not be in the realm of anything in the price range, but when Enzo owners take a beating from a "stock" chevy, they will be limping home with their asses hurting from the 1.2 million dollar check they wrote.

The performance of the car is not an issue.It has a fabulous motor and GM seems to have done their homework with brakes and handling.

The problem is once the car has 15 to 20k on it,the shake rattle and roll begins and there are SQUEEKS AND NOISES THAT START COMING OUT OF NOWHERE AND EVERYWHERE..

I also want to be a fly on the wall when the redneck owner has to replace the cc brakes at the tune of 25k.It should be a riot

The performance of the car is not an issue.It has a fabulous motor and GM seems to have done their homework with brakes and handling.

The problem is once the car has 15 to 20k on it,the shake rattle and roll begins and there are SQUEEKS AND NOISES THAT START COMING OUT OF NOWHERE AND EVERYWHERE..

I also want to be a fly on the wall when the redneck owner has to replace the cc brakes at the tune of 25k.It should be a riot

Can't you hear it, "25,000 Dollars?!!??! Dollars? Son, do you know how many tractors I could buy with that!?!? What is the Carbon Ceramic; I ain't no fairy having decorative tile for brakes. Gimme sum of that good 'ol iron brakes boy!" Pep Boys has a 4 for $99.95 special; those'll do just fine!"

As I have said before; it doesn't matter how good it looks or if it does 0-180 in 3.4 seconds; at the end of the day, you will be driving a pile of steaming horse shit otherwise known as Chevrolet. It's not worth it's weight douche bags.

exactly! Now the G car owners can laugh, about getting their cars cheaper with a helluva a lot better quality and looks to boot! :lol2: Chevrolet :lol2: 200K! :lol2:

:lol2:

Very true.

Maybe they fixed it this time with the 100k+ ZR1, who knows. :eusa_think: It could be asking for alot though. :icon_mrgreen:

How can they allow these practices? If you order a car you pay MSRP. And that is final, how can they make you pay a premium worth tens of thousands? Why would anyone do that? When the R8 came out, people who ordered them in advance got them here exactly at MSRP. In the first 2 months some dealers were selling R8 from their inventories at a premium, but no one who ordered the car was forced to pay extra for it. All prices have normalised and you can buy an R8 in Europe at MSRP or very close to it. Same goes for Ferraris here, you can find a lot of brand new cars at MSRP.

theres two dealers in town that I know are gettin ZR1s

one refuses to ever sell any car above MSRP, the other is gready

which one do you think has the loyal customers, especially now

200k pos.... Does it come with 150k cash in the glovebox? It will be fun to see the look on the rednecks faces when they come to pick on my lowly Gallardo.

exactly! Now the G car owners can laugh, about getting their cars cheaper with a helluva a lot better quality and looks to boot! :lol2: Chevrolet :lol2: 200K! :lol2:

:lol2: :icon_super:

This must be a joke. $200K for a POS? It looks just like every other POS. Only a jackass would buy this unless he's just a collector. You spend all this money in developing an incredible car, and you can't get a cool design. What a joke.

This must be a joke. $200K for a POS? It looks just like every other POS. Only a jackass would buy this unless he's just a collector. You spend all this money in developing an incredible car, and you can't get a cool design. What a joke.

What do you have against performance tupperware? :icon_mrgreen: